Question to Executor players

Lumiya
1480 posts Member
When I counter Executor with Finalizer, I sometimes encounter a situation I am not sure is wai. At one point in battle my Echelon is marked and the Slave gets called in as reinforcement. Eventhough the Echelon is marked, while entering the Slave can put ability blockade on other ships.

I have no Executor and have tried to find it out by reading the kits but could not find any indication that this should be possible. Is there something I missed in the kits of Executor or Slave or is that a bug? Maybe related to the ignore taunt/marked bug that they fixed a while ago? Maybe it wasn't totally fixed?
We are all made of star-stuff

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Any ship that is target locked can be hit by Slave's AOE.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Any ship that is target locked can be hit by Slave's AOE.

That was not what I was refering to. Slave 1 enters battle and while entering puts ability block on a ship eventhough another ship is marked. That is while entering, not the move it has after entering.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Need to see a video
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Slave 1 usually immediately uses AoE upon entering, so the AB you see on another ship might have been applied by the AOE not the entering. The visual sequence in combat doesn't always strictly reflect the actual sequence of events.

Unless of course you have a case where Slave 1 used basic and an AB was still applied to someone else.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Ok so I tried to post a link to the video 3 times now, even tried to remove the code to make it clickable but it always says my post needs to be approved.

@Ultra @crzydroid could one of you be so kind to approve it?

It is while it enters, before it takes its "spot" or does anything/before it has a move.

The only ship with debuffs is the Echelon with marked and breach, Slave enters and while entering Silencer gets ability block.

I don't know if I can share the link alternatively via pm, so anyone who wants to see the video can write me up and we can see if I can share it there.
  • Options
    What ship in particular is getting ability blocked when Slave 1 reinforces? If that ship is also marked or has taunt then it's possible for this to happen. With all the debuffs flying around in executor battles, it would be easy to overlook. It could be a bug, but I think TVF is right - need to see a video of this actually happening before anyone can make an educated guess as to why it's happening. I don't think you've missed anything in the kits - for it to be happening as you describe it doesn't seem wai if only echelon has mark/taunt.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    What ship in particular is getting ability blocked when Slave 1 reinforces? If that ship is also marked or has taunt then it's possible for this to happen. With all the debuffs flying around in executor battles, it would be easy to overlook. It could be a bug, but I think TVF is right - need to see a video of this actually happening before anyone can make an educated guess as to why it's happening. I don't think you've missed anything in the kits - for it to be happening as you describe it doesn't seem wai if only echelon has mark/taunt.

See my post above.
    Only ship with debuffs is Echelon with marked and breach, while Slave enters Silencer gets ability block.
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Ok so I tried to post a link to the video 3 times now, even tried to remove the code to make it clickable but it always says my post needs to be approved.

@Ultra @crzydroid could one of you be so kind to approve it?

It is while it enters, before it takes its "spot" or does anything/before it has a move.

The only ship with debuffs is the Echelon with marked and breach, Slave enters and while entering Silencer gets ability block.

I don't know if I can share the link alternatively via pm, so anyone who wants to see the video can write me up and we can see if I can share it there.

I think youtube links are allowed - can you upload it there?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    yeah upload it to YT, that files fm link seems sus
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Ok let's see if this works, never uploaded anything on YT before.

It's around 45 seconds

https://youtu.be/LOYaGf8Tg9E
  • herd_nerfer
    1874 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    There's no mark on echelon in the vid - just breach and target lock.

edit: The mark doesn't happen until later - about 1:04 in the video.
  • Options
    Can we take a moment to appreciate how your language says "Ability Block"? :)

52u22tz2tu63.png
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

Yes I just realised that, sorry about that. I just made a Video quickly after posting my first post. I will have to try to remember always to make a video in the future when I climb to see if I can find an instance so I can upload it to show it because it does happen with marked on the Echelon too, hence the reason why I started this thread. Now I know this doesn't say much because I just was trying to show it too quickly and therefor didn't realise it is missing in this video.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Can we take a moment to appreciate how your language says "Ability Block"? :)

52u22tz2tu63.png

Hahaha yeah, german is kind of weird sometimes if you think about it 😂
  • Options

Yes I just realised that, sorry about that. I just made a Video quickly after posting my first post. I will have to try to remember always to make a video in the future when I climb to see if I can find an instance so I can upload it to show it because it does happen with marked on the Echelon too, hence the reason why I started this thread. Now I know this doesn't say much because I just was trying to show it too quickly and therefor didn't realise it is missing in this video.

No worries - I'm all for calling out bugs - often the devs don't know about them until someone shows solid evidence. Thanks for taking the time to upload the vid!
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

No worries - I'm all for calling out bugs - often the devs don't know about them until someone shows solid evidence. Thanks for taking the time to upload the vid!

Thank you 🙂

I hope I will remember to always use the screen recorder when I climb. It was bugging me for a while and my boyfriend also said he sometimes runs into that "bug" so I thought I could try to see what others know about it or have encountered it. Especially because there already was a bug with ships ignoring taunt or marked before.

Sorry again for the not so much evidence video 😅