We need more ships. Not capital ships

Prev1
Can you guys pick up the pace with ship releases already? One ship every few months is beyond pathetic on your guys part. We now have 10 capital ships and nowhere near enough ships to push enough viable fleets. There are ton of pilotless ship options available in lore, or even piloted options from toons we already have.

Cmon CG, enough already, produce some ship content and of course the “complicated” fleet loadouts to boot.

Replies

• Options
    Scythe will be in the game soon.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Technically already is ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Technically already is ;)

Right - and technically should count as 3 ships.
  • Options
    Agree 100%. I think there are around 49-50 non-capital ships. With 10 capital ships, that leaves, at most, 5 ships per capital ship, and that does not take into account synergy etc. They should just release a bunch of ships. Could be pilotless (A-Wing; B-Wing; naboo fighter; tie defender) or piloted (Red-5 (Hello!!); Padme's ship; Marauder (BB); Asajj's ship). The possibilities are endless. We have so many toons and so few ships
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Agree 100%. I think there are around 49-50 non-capital ships. With 10 capital ships, that leaves, at most, 5 ships per capital ship, and that does not take into account synergy etc. They should just release a bunch of ships. Could be pilotless (A-Wing; B-Wing; naboo fighter; tie defender) or piloted (Red-5 (Hello!!); Padme's ship; Marauder (BB); Asajj's ship). The possibilities are endless. We have so many toons and so few ships

What game mode requires 10 capital ships?

However I do agree that I would like more, and that there are plenty to choose from.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

However I do agree that I would like more, and that there are plenty to choose from.

It would be nice to have more then one dropped battle in fleets in GAC. Even placing something sporadic on defense you have one dropped battle and that’s it because even though you have extra capital ships you have nothing to use them with.
  • CrispyFett
    981 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

What game mode requires 295 characters (I guess besides TW if you wanted)? but that's how many we have. Given that a character squad is generally either 5 or 3, and a ship squad maxes at 7, you'd think we'd have more ships to choose from
  • Options

What game mode requires 295 characters (I guess besides TW if you wanted)? but that's how many we have. Given that a character squad is generally either 5 or 3, and a ship squad maxes at 7, you'd think we'd have more ships to choose from

If they released more ships than characters, I'd be out of the game. My fleet standard is probably better than my character standard right now, however I really don't enjoy ships. I find it dull compared to character battles.
  • Options

If they released more ships than characters, I'd be out of the game. My fleet standard is probably better than my character standard right now, however I really don't enjoy ships. I find it dull compared to character battles.

To each, their own. But I'm not saying we should have more ships than we have characters. Just that we need more ships, and they should step up on pumping some out
  • Options

We don’t need more ships than characters, but we need enough ships to field full fleets with the capital ships we have.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

We don’t need more ships than characters, but we need enough ships to field full fleets with the capital ships we have.

Really we should also have enough for it to be mathematically possible to max LS Geo. Last count I think we still need 28 more ships for that to be possible.

And just to pile on other poster: just because no game mode *requires* 10 capital ships does not mean you should not be able to use 10 full fleets in TW/GA if you wanted to.
  • Options
    I find it interesting that people seemed to miss the point that having no direct need for 10 capital ships is another reason why we should have more ships instead.

But I yield, you are right.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    I find it interesting that people seemed to miss the point that having no direct need for 10 capital ships is another reason why we should have more ships instead.

But I yield, you are right.

Well, I stopped reading at the question, so there's that.
  • Options
    How often do people have ship battles go past the second reinforcement? Win or lose my fights seem to finish about the time a second reinforcement comes in or sooner.

That being the case, how does having those two extra slots filled make a fleet more viable? The only impact I see is a defense fleet that holds but loses a ship or two still has some depth. How often does this happen?

I personally find the release ratio of new ships to capital ships sufficient. I also don’t worry about having ships in offensive fleets that I know I will not have need/opportunity to call in.
  • Options
    So the call is for 20 more ships?
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    So the call is for 20 more ships?

28, so the GP to max LS Geo exists, is my call.
  • Options
    There are a ton of ship opportunities (Jango's Slave I, Havoc Marauder, Sith Starfighter, to name a few).

What I find interesting is the fact that, iirc, looking at a Crew Member's shards shows "ships needed" rather than "ship needed." It could be possible that there are some characters that could be used for Crew in multiple ships (though I imagine only one of these ships can be used in a battle).

Marauder when tho.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    And make the older ships Accelerated..
  • Options
    Maybe some people need to 5-tap a fleet in GAC.
  • Options
    What's really surprising is that iconic ships from the films like Red 5 and Jango's Slave 1 aren't in the game but somehow they think people prefer Ravens Claw or Outrider. Dengar was an Executor requirement, yet still there's no sign of the Punishing One (cool name alert). It would be nice to field a full fleet of BHs since there's not enough Empire to fill the other two fleets as it is!
  • Options

Maybe some people want to actually be able to get full stars in light side Geo TB?

Maybe some people want more flexibility in their fleet lineups with more options or be able to use different capital ships without making others unusable due to a lack of ships?

Maybe some want fleet loadouts so they don’t make mistakes that otherwise wouldn’t happen if they could have lineups saved?
  • Options

Maybe some people want to actually be able to get full stars in light side Geo TB?

Maybe some people want more flexibility in their fleet lineups with more options or be able to use different capital ships without making others unusable due to a lack of ships?

Maybe some want fleet loadouts so they don’t make mistakes that otherwise wouldn’t happen if they could have lineups saved?

Maybe some people realize that berating CG and stomping their feet isn't going to make the anything happen any faster.

But then again, maybe some people enjoy being called 'pathetic' and respond positively to that.

Ravens, they're not going to get it done any faster because you insulted them. They're going to release ships according to their existing calendar no matter what you say... so why be like that? More ships are coming. They're working on it. They know we want more ships - they know we NEED more ships. It's going to happen, but they aren't obligated to do it on your timeline nor because you said so.
  • Options

Maybe some people realize that berating CG and stomping their feet isn't going to make the anything happen any faster.

But then again, maybe some people enjoy being called 'pathetic' and respond positively to that.

Ravens, they're not going to get it done any faster because you insulted them. They're going to release ships according to their existing calendar no matter what you say... so why be like that? More ships are coming. They're working on it. They know we want more ships - they know we NEED more ships. It's going to happen, but they aren't obligated to do it on your timeline nor because you said so.

Well when they promised a “shipload” of content and failed to deliver on the ships, I call it as I see it.

Maybe they should listen to their community for once and listen to what their paying customers and players are calling for?

So if they know we want and more importantly NEED more ships, why wouldn’t they get a faster cadence out?

Sorry if I’m being rude to CG in your eyes, but when they deserve criticism and negative feedback I give it. When they are deserving of praise and positivity I give it; it’s their own fault if they haven’t been deserving of the latter for the longest time 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options

Well when they promised a “shipload” of content and failed to deliver on the ships, I call it as I see it.

Maybe they should listen to their community for once and listen to what their paying customers and players are calling for?

So if they know we want and more importantly NEED more ships, why wouldn’t they get a faster cadence out?

Sorry if I’m being rude to CG in your eyes, but when they deserve criticism and negative feedback I give it. When they are deserving of praise and positivity I give it; it’s their own fault if they haven’t been deserving of the latter for the longest time 🤷🏻‍♂️

What gets me is that it's never worked. I've been watching you toss insults into the void for years now and nothing has changed as a result of it. But you keep doing it. You somehow manage to keep a negative, complaint filled pot of petulant drivel perpetually simmering on the back burner of these forums to absolutely no positive result. The only thing that I can come up with as to why you do it is that you think it makes you feel better - but you do it at the expense of anyone that happens to read your semi-coherent ramblings.
  • Options
    Just remember:
    ● Don't be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
    I think "EA Employees" includes CG.
  • Options

What gets me is that it's never worked. I've been watching you toss insults into the void for years now and nothing has changed as a result of it. But you keep doing it. You somehow manage to keep a negative, complaint filled pot of petulant drivel perpetually simmering on the back burner of these forums to absolutely no positive result. The only thing that I can come up with as to why you do it is that you think it makes you feel better - but you do it at the expense of anyone that happens to read your semi-coherent ramblings.

The expense of who? I don’t force anyone to read or respond to my posts, that includes you. If you don’t like what I post then feel free to scroll past it. Thanks :)

My point remains the same, the rate that they’re releasing ships is pathetic.
  • Options
    Just remember:
    ● Don't be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
    I think "EA Employees" includes CG.

Thanks for showing me the forum guidelines, however I never said they were, but the rate that they’re releasing the ships. Thanks for your input that has nothing to do with ships on a post about ships.
  • Options
    I call it as I see it.
  • Options
    I call it as I see it.

Are you a Whale Biologist?
  • Options
    Nah, haven’t paid a cent.