Thank you CG for the freeze issue compensation!

Prev1
I really wasn't expecting any compensation having to do with the freeze issue, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see Meathead's post just now. Thank you! I posted multiple complaints about the freezing problem, and wanted to acknowledge that it was looked into and (seemingly) fixed. I thought the survey was a good idea. I'm sure there will be players who complain now about the extra compensation to survey takers. To them I say- you should have taken a minute of your time to try and help fix the issue if you were experiencing it. And if you didn't experience any issues, you still get rewards! Its a win-win for everyone

Replies

• Options
    No IPD shards. Suspicious. Could it be the fourth requirement for Doctor Aphra?
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    I really wasn't expecting any compensation having to do with the freeze issue, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see Meathead's post just now. Thank you! I posted multiple complaints about the freezing problem, and wanted to acknowledge that it was looked into and (seemingly) fixed. I thought the survey was a good idea. I'm sure there will be players who complain now about the extra compensation to survey takers. To them I say- you should have taken a minute of your time to try and help fix the issue if you were experiencing it. And if you didn't experience any issues, you still get rewards! Its a win-win for everyone
    If there was any way I could decline my compensation, I would.

I suffered no crashes at all and feel wrong benefiting from the misfortune of others.

But the prospect of salt from those who deliberately did not fill in the survey - that’s the real gift! Thank you CG!
  • Options
    Can't believe I missed out on an opportunity for double the compensation. To be fair, I didn't encounter another freeze after the patch (except for one where immediately leaving a battle after starting it causes a softlock) so it didn't matter that much.

But dang, people complaining about people getting extra compensation? They took their time to report such an issue, so without them, we'd never get a fix (or compensation in the first place). Anyway, time to reap whatever rewards I managed to get (10 more Colonel Starck shards).

I hope the fact that EA Connect isn't showing up for me can be fixed. (I don't really care for compensation for that because the TRUE compensation for that is being able to access the Web Store.)
    Hello there.
  • Options
    I didn't think CG would compensate and commented as such, but happy to be wrong.

Compensation not really justified in my case but I'm not going to argue too much.🙂

Cheers CG.
  • Options
    This is definitely a surprise, a good one nonetheless.

I appreciate they took it seriously when the amount of the reports increased and that they worked hard to get a fix as quickly as possible.

Now to wait for the compensation!
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »

Agreed, a very much appreciated move by cg!
  • Options
    Dianora wrote: »
    No IPD shards. Suspicious. Could it be the fourth requirement for Doctor Aphra?

Sana Starros
    420hx15fakcu.jpeg
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordI
    70 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    WoW, compensation of 1000 crystals to those people like me that sent a ticket to ea support...
    The bug made me losing at least x3/x4
    For sure something goes wrong and they dont have noted all tickets sent
    This game sucks
  • Options
    Thank you not only for the compensation but for fixing this issue. I remain unhappy about how long it took, but I haven't had a freeze in probably 2 weeks, and that's what counts. Thank you. @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • Options
    Very respectable compensation, fair play.
  • Options
    Lockups, poor performance and crashes are still happening, this compensation while welcome, doesnt mean its fixed
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Judging by the lack of crash/freeze posts now compared to before, it seems like it is actually fixed.

These things can happen for other reasons unrelated to this issue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    aychc3yrrhc0.gif
  • CrysSyling
    41 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I am very skeptical of the "sent in a support ticket" part of the rewards.

I sent one in via the in-game help and basically got ignored. This was early in the game freeze issue.

A reasonable person would expect to get the "support ticket compensation". But i doubt it because i opened it before CG admitted there was an issue. So i frankly take issue with the 2 different reward tiers. Everyone suffered. But CG's lack of support failed most of the users. Give everyone the same rewards.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Only CG would take a game wide problem affecting every player and give “people that filled out AKA there work there job extra stuff” talk about completely tone deaf response. I encourage everyone to submit a ticket saying they didn’t get the extra stuff because obviously CG wants you to submit more tickets
  • Options
    Which survey are the extra rewards for? The first one or the follow up?
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Options
    Which survey are the extra rewards for? The first one or the follow up?
    Submit a ticket
  • Options
    I answered my own ticket to confirm announcement to ea support.
    They say I still have to fill the survey.

So, I report, I get out game ruined for 2 months, I recieve warnings because complainings... And I still have to fill a survey? What the hell is this?
    This game sucks
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    When I just saw the announcement I also wanted to create a thank you post, but you were already faster @CrispyFett 😉

I am glad CG decided to do this, and it's not even because I get something. The reason why I am glad is because of what stands behind it. It shows that eventhough things don't always go smoothly, the players are important to CG. In my eyes, that is worth a lot. So here is my big THANK YOU! 🏵 (big, not shouting 😉)
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    LordI wrote: »
    WoW, compensation of 1000 crystals to those people like me that sent a ticket to ea support...

How did you lose 3 to 4k crystals ?
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

I think they meant lost out on - so lost earnings.
  • Options

Of you lost 3000-4000 crystals (even if it's lost earnings), maybe there's another reason for that besides the freeze bug...
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Judging by the lack of crash/freeze posts now compared to before, it seems like it is actually fixed.

These things can happen for other reasons unrelated to this issue.

Yep
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

GAC losses
  • Options

Lumiya wrote: »
    When I just saw the announcement I also wanted to create a thank you post, but you were already faster @CrispyFett 😉

I am glad CG decided to do this, and it's not even because I get something. The reason why I am glad is because of what stands behind it. It shows that eventhough things don't always go smoothly, the players are important to CG. In my eyes, that is worth a lot. So here is my big THANK YOU! 🏵 (big, not shouting 😉)

Well said. The additional level of compensation for giving information to help solve the issue also says "thanks for being part of the solution even if you're not part of the problem." Hard to find fault with that imo.
  • Options
    Lol at all the people who do nothing but post on the forum all day complaining that they shouldn't have been expected to fill out a five minute survey.
  • Options
    StewartH wrote: »

Well said. The additional level of compensation for giving information to help solve the issue also says "thanks for being part of the solution even if you're not part of the problem." Hard to find fault with that imo.
    Easy if you’re a serial forum whiner!
  • Options

I can never tell which is worse: the serial forum whiners, or the serial forum defenders that feel obligated to defend CG and chastise people for sharing opinions contrary to their own.

Both groups are part of the problem. No one’s opinion is better than anyone else’s. People are allowed to come here to vent without being attacked by CG sycophants.

Always remember: arguing on the internet is about as effective as yelling at the ocean. If you want to be a real change agent, find common ground and discuss a solution, don’t just argue over a problem.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »

I can never tell which is worse: the serial forum whiners, or the serial forum defenders that feel obligated to defend CG and chastise people for sharing opinions contrary to their own.

Both groups are part of the problem. No one’s opinion is better than anyone else’s. People are allowed to come here to vent without being attacked by CG sycophants.

Always remember: arguing on the internet is about as effective as yelling at the ocean. If you want to be a real change agent, find common ground and discuss a solution, don’t just argue over a problem.
    I’ll add another group into the mix - those that label anyone who questions a whiner as a CG defender / sycophant. Questioning the incoherent stance of a whiner is absolutely not equivalent to defending CG.

If someone angrily announced they had no intention of completing the survey is now angrily complaining that they won’t get the second batch of compensation, it is totally appropriate that someone points out their folly. But that is not defending CG.

If people want to come here to vent, they can expect their argument to be scrutinised. It’s a public forum.

If people want to come on here and vent and garner nothing but sympathy and agreement - they’d be as well yelling into the ocean.

Edit: phat-phingered typing
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »

I’ll add another group into the mix - those that label anyone who questions a whiner as a CG defender / sycophant. Questioning the incoherent stance of a whiner is absolutely not equivalent to defending CG.

If someone angrily announced they had no intention of completing the survey is now angrily complaining that they won’t get the second batch of compensation, it is totally appropriate that someone points out their folly. But that is not defending CG.

If people want to come here to vent, they can expect their argument to be scrutinised. It’s a public forum.

If people want to come on here and vent and garner nothing but sympathy and agreement - they’d be as well yelling into the ocean.

Edit: phat-phingered typing

I support your right to feel this way. If only you would take the same, mature approach with others you may disagree with.