What would you use in arena w/ these characters?

Ryan16
41 posts Member
So I have 7* lumi, JC, EK, ig-86, 5* QGJ, poggle, GS and 4* dooku and all purple geared. I rank almost always in 100-200 and sometimes below 100. Any help?

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    You are kind of in a bind right now, unless you are on a newish server. None of those would fly on my whale/old server.

Based on your team, I'd shove QGJ Lead, Lumi, IG86, Poggle, GS on a team.

Dooku is FAR too low to be useful as a leader atm. He already suffers from low HP and being 4* will get him one shot.

EK is okay, but people WILL target you for having him as he does low damage and his stun is his only saving grace. The Dooku/Sid meta will eat him alive, though.

With the team I described, JC and Lumi get more turns which = more healing when available. IG86 pairs well with poggle and IG86 will gain turn meter on poggle buff. GS also synergizes with Poggle and if he has OU and calls poggle to assist, you can pretty much one shot anyone in the game (at those stars, youll be close.)
  • Ryan16
    41 posts Member
    Options
    @Toukai okay that was totally different than the arena team I used. And I don't think my server is as tough as yours is. I'm lvl 71 right now but everyone In my server uses QGJ and only some dooku. Thanks for your input! I'll try it out
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Ryan16
    What were you running before? Just for more info.

Sorry to give you META pigeon-hole advice, but you don't seem to have a large roster.

Dooku would be great even on a QGJ lead team, but like I said at 4* he is an incredible liability and not a help. If i saw a 4* Dooku on a team anywhere, you'd bet I would focus him ASAP for free arena movement.

The point of defense is to make sure your team is as annoying as possible in comparison to someone else in your bracket, making sure they pick someone else to fight instead of you. The team I gave you, out of what you provided, is my best solution to be the most effective means at deterring people from fighting you while providing you with a solid team to progress.
  • Options
    QGJ (L), Lumi, EK, IG86, Poggle. That's what I would do with that roster. I would probably lose because I eschew GS, but that's my choice. Use EK to stun that annoying healer/taunter on the other team that wants to stop you from eliminating your primary target. JC doesn't do much for me in Arena, but Lumi is always a solid choice. Avoid Sid and Dooku, but if you must go up against them, they are 86's prime targets.
  • Ryan16
    41 posts Member
    Options
    @Toukai yeah I started playing very late January.. Today I ran QGJ lead, lumi, dooku, GS, and ig-86 and won all 5 today but yesterday I lost 3/5. I use refreshes sometimes but I can never stay below 100. I need 39 more shards of dooku for him to be at 5* And almost have poggle to 6* but I just promoted him today to 5*.would you recommend getting any other characters?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @EventineElessedil
    I accept your choice to run EK, but that is far too many Jedi and he will draw more aggro from the sid/dooku combos out there. Your team actually isn't a bad choice by any means, but I just dont think EK bring enough damage or synergy to be relevant. Still, I would recommend your team as a viable #2 option.

@Ryan16
    I wouldnt use Dooku until he is at least 6*. Dooku caps at lvl 70 around 10k HP and projected cap is 13k HP at lvl 80. That is not a lot of health at either level, and thats at 7*. You'd be in the 8k range at 6* which would let Dooku survive a hit or two, but anything below and he is open to be killed (thus not utilizing his counters) by anyone running an assist caller (GS, QGJ, IG86).

If you are on a young server, you could probably get away with it if other people in your bracket are 4-6* players, but if not you will be focused, something I am trying to avoid for you.

Feel free to try Eventine's group as well.
  • Options
    I am on a mature server and I have seen people gear up a 4* Dooku, stick him in front of their maxed DPS chars with perhaps a taunting tank and sneak into the top 20.

The thing is... So what if 4* Dooku is squishy? It's not like his leader buff dies with him. Your squad will continue to dodge like crazy on defense even if Dooku dies as long as you max his abilities. I couldn't tell you how many of the regulars that were already established in the upper end of my server went and switched to a 4-5 star Dooku lead. Since then many have managed to get him to 6*.

About once a day I run into a Dooku squad with the dodge on steroids. That makes it tough but otherwise I have found a nice combo to deal with them.
  • Ryan16
    41 posts Member
    Options
    @MrClean621 I don't have his abilities maxed yet but I'll get them maxed asap! @EventineElessedil I like that choice too so I'll try both of them tomorrow and see how I do.
  • Options
    The thing is... 4* Dooku is not going to help you on offense very much. Not if you are fighting highly starred and geared teams. You will have to other chars that can do the damage. However... I have personally experienced a lower star Dooku giving the crazy Dodge rate to his squad.