New TB Platoons. Please no....

Excited for the new TB, but I have to say this was a missed opportunity to ditch platoons. Never was good game design to force your players to sideline their toons. Isn't there some other way we can achieve platoons that doesn't involve sitting them out?

Replies

• scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Going to be even better when platoons require all you gl and omi tb characters
  • Options
    Kam on platoons lol
  • Options
    My only gripe with platoons is that with 24h pr phase, and a global guild, it’s going to be an absolute pain getting them done quickly and allowing most members to do the missions at a time of day that suits their schedule.
    Major QOL would be to allow platoons to be pre-filled by members before a phase open….
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    My only gripe with platoons is that with 24h pr phase, and a global guild, it’s going to be an absolute pain getting them done quickly and allowing most members to do the missions at a time of day that suits their schedule.
    Major QOL would be to allow platoons to be pre-filled by members before a phase open….

Actually, I gave the Road Ahead another read, and there doesn't appear to be any platoons in phase 6. What I'm hoping that means is that platoons won't affect any current phase territories, only future phases, which would mean no waiting on platoons to be filled to open missions. Fingers crossed....
  • Options
    I think that platoons are good. They give characters extra abilities to help weaker ones.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Platoons are horrible.
    New TB will probably require gls in platoons.
  • Options
    Platoons now require a character to have relics to even be eligible to be donated.

What in the actual heck?

This is the worst idea ever. The entire point of guild strategizing around toons is to make it possible for people with weak copies of a toon to donate while stronger versions get used in battle.

There is at the moment no promise that the requirement will be g13/r0 or even r1.

CG: Can we please get clarification on exactly how many relic tiers will be required on platoon donations?

I don't say this because a low number will cause my anger to burn less than a fiery sun.

I'm just wondering if I should be raging with the fire of a thousand suns or 100 billion of them.
  • Options
    This is end game guild stuff, you should have at least half your roster or more at relic levels.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    These platoons are brutal. GL and Capital ships, I'm both excited and afraid. Let's see how the first installment goes
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This is end game guild stuff, you should have at least half your roster or more at relic levels.

You have defended CG’s rollout across several posts. You’re either a brand new player with absolutely no concept of relic investment and zero knowledge of the history on how new Raids and TBs butcher guilds (this one being no exception), or you work for CG.

Please, post your roster here so we can figure out which one.

“You should have at least half your roster or more at relic levels” is such a contrived statement.

• Options

Hello! I have half my roster at relics
    Can I have my permission to complain now?
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

You have defended CG’s rollout across several posts. You’re either a brand new player with absolutely no concept of relic investment and zero knowledge of the history on how new Raids and TBs butcher guilds (this one being no exception), or you work for CG.

“You should have at least half your roster or more at relic levels” is such a contrived statement.

Defend it? Not really, I think it is funny how everyone wants to be able to participate in every new thing CG adds. If that was the case no one would ever spend money and this game would fail and no one could play it anymore. Let the krakens and whales spend and let us others slowly build up to be able to play this content.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »

Hello! I have half my roster at relics
    Can I have my permission to complain now?

Sure why not, it wont change anything. ;)
  • Options

Defend it? Not really, I think it is funny how everyone wants to be able to participate in every new thing CG adds. If that was the case no one would ever spend money and this game would fail and no one could play it anymore. Let the krakens and whales spend and let us others slowly build up to be able to play this content.

“Slowly” is correct.

I have been playing for seven years and have exactly one R9 toon…. Many have played longer and have less.

At this rate, it’s *only* 28 more years until I can field a full squad of r9 toons. Can’t wait to tackle this new content at the ripe age of 68.

That shouldn’t be of anybody’s concern though, just let the krakens and whales spend and play and the plebes can play the same exact unchanging, unexciting content we’ve had for the last three years.
  • Options

I would bet money that the VAST, VAST, VAST majority of players don't have more than 1 full R9 team. Like @MasterSeedy said in another thread, this isn't about max stars day 1. This is about being able to play the thing. It's about figuring out what works on our own and having fun doing it. It's about experimenting with weird squads and new characters to efficiently win. As it stands, we can't even PLAY the later stages due to the absolutely crazy requirements. If a person was on the winning side for every TW for a year, there would be enough R9 mats for...13 R9s. Two squads and change. We are simply literal years away from even PLAYING this, not due to our own fault, but due to an arbitrary, **** relic requirement.
  • Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options

Imagine the gall of players to want to at least be able to try and play new content, just for fun even if they can not "win" it. Nah, games shouldn't be fun and noone wants new content. Even if those players are in the game since launch. Who cares, whale or fail... lol

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Sadly I gave CG too much credit when I commented here a while ago and said that I think it will at least be accessible for midgame, even if they won't get far. But the Relic gate just simply shut out a huge portion of the playerbase completely.

At this point they shouldn't wonder when players lose their interest because they play the same stale content for years and are shut out of a lot of new things. I mean seriously, what do you think how this makes newer or midgame players feel? The idea that you can only participate in something in years and years and I mean only participate, not even win, is just utterly stupid. Nobody gets any incentive to stick around that long. Especially when you don't even know if the game will still exist in a few years. Why even spend money to try to get to that point in a few years if there is no guarantee, what so ever, that the game will still exist at that point.
    I never would spend money on a game where it will take me a few years to be able to play something even if I spend a lot without knowing how the game will be then.
    We are all made of star-stuff