Am I getting the best out of my team in Arena

Jar0_Jesba
6 posts Member
edited April 2016
I started playing in early December and I am f2p and am level 72. I regularly finish between 100-200 but feel I should be doing better. I only do 5 battles a day and have never used the refresh. My current team is Phasm 7* g7(L), Dooku 7* g8, Lumi 7* g8, Sid 7* g8 & Daka 5* g8. I am thinking of trying a Dooku led team but not sure who to put with him. Other toons I have are
Poggle 7* g7
Ventress 7* g8
JC 6* g8
QGJ 6* g8
Kylo 6* g7
IG-88 6* g7
Yoda 5* g7
I am currently farming RP as I think he would work well in a Dooku led team. Any advice would be appreciated
Post edited by Jar0_Jesba on

Replies

• StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    You almost definitely need to buy the refresh to stay above where you are. My advice is to use it only if you can time it so it gets you an extra 50 crystals from reward, thus not costing you anything.

Also, with your toons, that is about as good as you can do, but it would not frighten me ever. Maybe a QGJ-led team using Yoda and Lumi. It might be beneficial to slide Kylo in for Daka or Dooku, to get the extra assist bonus.

If you want to use a Dooku team ,I would go with Dooku(L), Lumi, Daka, Poggle, 88.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Jar0_Jesba wrote: »
    I started playing in early December and I am f2p and am level 72. I regularly finish between 100-200 but feel I should be doing better. I only do 5 battles a day and have never used the refresh. My current team is Phasm 7* g7(L), Dooku 7* g8, Lumi 7* g8, Sid 7* g8 & Daka 5* g8. I am thinking of trying a Dooku led team but not sure who to put with him. Other toons I have are
    Poggle 7* g7
    Ventress 7* g8
    JC 6* g8
    QGJ 6* g7
    Kylo 6* g7
    IG-88 6* g7
    Yoda 5* g7
    I am currently farming RP as I think he would work well in a Dooku led team. Any advice would be appreciated
    I'd go Dook, pogs, Lumi, Daka, RP

RP with pogs offense up would destroy and evade a lot with Dook

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Actually scratch that, Dook lead, pogs offense up, Phasma turn meter, Daka stun, RP crush
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Or Q instead of Daka if you think you don't need a healer
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I'd go Dooku (L), Lumi, RP, Phasma, and Daka.

Could sub in QGJ for Phasma/RP once you star/gear him up.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    Cheers guys. I was worried Daka was my week link being only 5* and people where targeting me and that's why a fall down the rankings so quick. Would have had her at 7* a while ago but started farming QGJ when the Yoda event started. Have only just started farming RP but will have him 7* within 3 weeks
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    First impression is that you're under-geared. Are you farming too many hard nodes?

At 5* Daka is too squishy, but worth advancing. Sid's level 80 damage is very low and, just speaking for myself, I've stopped putting resources into him.

Of the characters you have listed; Phasma, Dooku, Lumi, Pog, QGJ, and Kylo are all currently viable, but gear 8 is the minimum at level 72.

I can vouch for RP, she's a beast, especially if QGJ calls her with the early assist since she's a bit slow for the current meta.

I've not been impressed by Yoda or IG-88. JC is for GW, not SA. Ventress is a really fun toon on offense, but the AI plays her horribly (hoooooooorriblyyyy) on defense. I had to take her off my team.
  • Options
    Thanks. Ventress was one of the first toons I pulled from a pack I think. I loved her at the start and she was the first toon I got to 7*. I never use her now as she's far to slow.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    I think the intention was that since her AoE is meant to be most effective with an enemy to finish off that you'd want her to go a little later with a near-dead toon waiting for her to demolish. As a cleanup batter she's second to none.
  • Options
    You've definitely got teh start of a good team in there somewhere. What you're really lacking is a good tank. RG, Han, or Poe are the only real options.
    That said, I'd go with Dooku (L) Daka QGJ 88 Sid for now then drop 88 and sid when you get RP and a tank