Dodge/Deflection vs Accuracy

I have 43,5% accuracy on special damage with Tarkin.
I made it rain (using Tarkin cheese ) against a LV without deflection bonus on his datacron (nor dodge), so he just had his 2% base deflection vs my 43,5% accuracy.

LV seemed to have deflect my rain. All the others were dead and he stayed standing, apparently undamaged. Didn’t make a video so i can’t be sure it was deflected. Not sure what else it could be though.

So my question: can the 2% base deflection chance be reduced to zero ? Apart from ‘bad luck, 2% deflect always apply’ theory, i have no idea what happened.

Replies

• Options
    Are you sure you used a "Special Accuracy" DC?

You can absolutely get to the point where you never miss. Before this dodge DC trash, did you notice that some characters were never dodged? For example, Fennec gets Special Accuracy with her Mastery, and she NEVER missed LV before the dark times. Dark Trooper never missed his basic (save certain characters with evasion mastery or foresight). Etc.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Are you sure you used a "Special Accuracy" DC?

You can absolutely get to the point where you never miss. Before this dodge DC trash, did you notice that some characters were never dodged? For example, Fennec gets Special Accuracy with her Mastery, and she NEVER missed LV before the dark times. Dark Trooper never missed his basic (save certain characters with evasion mastery or foresight). Etc.

I use an accuracy arrow and the 43.5% accuracy score is from the character stat block, not the dc stat block. So yeah, pretty sure ^^ I didn't notice that some characters were never dodged, but 2% is so low that I wouldn't have noticed anyway.
    Nevertheless, you may be right, then I have no idea what happened...The plot thickens.