New TB info: MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR Complaints

Prev13456714
WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK CG? R9 minimum to just play phase 5 and phase 6?? I don’t know 1 person (not even Mr whale himself ahnald) who has a full r9 team. It’s a complete waste. Not to mention extremely hard to get with your current system.

Relic minimum everywhere else: cmon cg why. Let us use our r3 toons and lose if we want to. It’s not gonna hurt anything.
GL’s in platoons: I hate it but am not mad at all about it compared to the other stuff so sure keep them in.
Did I miss anything? Oh yea I did: You didn’t directly say this but u basically said ur gonna r9 ur whole squad and god mod them and still not win. Thanks CG, that’s definitely what we want

Replies

• Options
    Once again, this is for high end guilds. Why do people think they have to play the newest stuff asap?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Once again, this is for high end guilds. Why do people think they have to play the newest stuff asap?

I’m in an almost 400 mil guild, u can’t get that much higher end. (Well u can but not many guilds) Before I get hated on, do u have a full r9 squad? I doubt anyone here does and if so then not more than 1.
  • Options
    I wonder if I upgrade Bodhi to R9 to meet the requirement and still get stomped by the enemies.

Oh well.
  • Options
    DarthGrff wrote: »

I’m in an almost 400 mil guild, u can’t get that much higher end. (Well u can but not many guilds) Before I get hated on, do u have a full r9 squad? I doubt anyone here does and if so then not more than 1.

Not yet but one day. If everyone could get max stars the first week this TB would be pointless.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    The barrier for entry is obscenely high. Posts like this is why I'm so **** cynical about the game all the time.
  • Options
    NOTE: Min Requirements are for Combat Missions and Operations but not Deployment

Can’t wait to platoon r9 characters in phase 5 and 6 🙄
  • Options

Some folks are just like that.
    giphy.gif?resize=640%2C640&ssl=1&crop=1
  • Options
    q3ouhoiysehl.jpg
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Maybe because CG said ....
    .....we expect Guilds to generally move to this Territory Battle when they are earning around 20 stars from Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle or getting close to Max Stars on Dark Side Geonosis Territory Battle.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    On a positive note about half the tb many will have nothing to do but deploy for it
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its endgame long term content

Not something you want to finish the day it launches

Something to work towards, and hopefully getting to r9 gets easier without spending
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Something to work towards, and hopefully getting to r9 gets easier without spending

Ha ha

3 years later, LS Geo TB it's still impossible to full clear
    Not buying this crap again
  • Options
    Going to post this again…..

This happened with GeoTBs too….when DS and LS Geo came out we preloaded Phase 1 and 2 as an UPPER end guild……same thing will happen here.
    The target back then was to break into P3 bottom and get KAM!!
    The target this time will be to consolidate R6s and then R7s to get into P3 and get Reva!!

I honestly wouldn’t worry about P6 😂
  • Options

I haven’t heard anyone say they should be able to get max stars on the first day. They just want to be able to attempt it without insane and arbitrary minimum requirements. Trying to frame it like you did is a pure strawman.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    R9 entire teams just to be able to engage in a couple of fights every 2 weeks is a pretty steep price.

I’m not angry CG; i’m just disappointed.
  • Options
    I don't think my guild will ever be able to play this. We barely have 1 guy with 1 r9. I am disappointed we can't play it either. To be honest it didn't have to be this level. We have three paths it would be nice to make one of those paths a bit easier but make the others harder. Maybe make one path what they have another somewhere in between and a third so lower guilds can at the very least play and have some fun with it. The point of a game is to have fun. I'm not saying my guild should be able to get multiple stars but maybe at the very least 1.

As to why does everyone think they should play new things when they come out. The answer is because it helps change the game up a bit. Doing the same thing repeatedly can get boring and dull but playing something new can bring some excitement, even if it's just for a few months. My guildmates are extremely disappointed they were looking forward to a new event to play and enjoy. Sure I can always leave my guild for a better one or spend a crazy amount of money to boost my own. But that defeats the point I like my guildmates and leaving them for my own selfish reason is wrong. I may not have a super strong guild but I have a good one, that has grown significantly since I joined.

But I also understand that the top tier players are getting bored. But still doesn't mean the rest don't deserve a new game mode to play. All I ask is to try and find a balance. Maybe a new event like this with different tiers. Like conquest. I imagine it takes longer to develop such a thing but then more people would be happy. This would allow top guilds to challenge themselves as well as growing guilds. Maybe change things up to so normal can farm new characters slow. Hard can do it faster and easy can farm some character needed for normal tier.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Going to post this again…..

This happened with GeoTBs too….when DS and LS Geo came out we preloaded Phase 1 and 2 as an UPPER end guild……same thing will happen here.
    The target back then was to break into P3 bottom and get KAM!!
    The target this time will be to consolidate R6s and then R7s to get into P3 and get Reva!!

I honestly wouldn’t worry about P6 😂

Little different here though with required relic levels.
    This won't even be preloading, it will just be deploy and forget it.
  • Options
    Full R9 squads is so ultra-endgame, I would bet money that no one in the game has more than 1. There’s ultra-endgame, and there’s literally unplayable endgame. This is the latter. This isn’t about max-starring TB, this is about PLAYING the thing.
  • Options
    Frankto wrote: »
    The barrier for entry is obscenely high. Posts like this is why I'm so **** cynical about the game all the time.

@AvatarofCynicism
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Options
    I don’t expect anyone to max this anytime soon. However, this would be sooo much better received if they just said “you’ll want relic 9 to beat this zone” or something. But not actually gate it at that level. It’s so annoying
  • Options
    Why even have platoons or operations…whatever it is called. Missions are already gated by the relic requirements. Shouldn’t add insult to injury. I would think you would want at least a decent portion of the player base to engage in new content…this doesn’t look like it will be much fun. Less engagement less $$ will be spent.
  • Options
    I for one am glad that new tb will take less of our times for better rewards for a long time to come. Yes, I would have loved to be at least able to enter to battle to get crushed. But this time saver fact trumps that curiosity.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

I haven’t heard anyone say they should be able to get max stars on the first day. They just want to be able to attempt it without insane and arbitrary minimum requirements. Trying to frame it like you did is a pure strawman.

I do think not a lot of players can engage in last 2-3 phases at all

And once the data comes out that only 100 out of 300k players can engage in the new TB i'm sure CG will do something to make it easier for people to play the content

Worst case, they lower the reqs to R8 or R7 but tuned for R9
  • Options
    Hey CG? Are you all playing a different game than the rest of us? Kinda seems like that with R9 requirements in the last 3 phases of a Territory Battle.

Next thing you know, CG will create a Pay to Win temporary item you can buy with RL money to create near unstoppable teams, but only for PvP events not PvE. Nah, that would go too far...
  • Options
    52 wars a year. So a guild that wins every war in a year can add 13 r9s. It’s not just that gated content sucks but without a huge change to the brain economy p4-6 are multiple years away for non kraken guilds. No one was expecting to beat p6 or even reach it anytime soon but r9 hard requirement is beyond silly.
  • Options

Cause it's a GAME?
  • The_Dude
    86 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Jimster1 wrote: »

As to why does everyone think they should play new things when they come out. The answer is because it helps change the game up a bit. Doing the same thing repeatedly can get boring and dull but playing something new can bring some excitement, even if it's just for a few months. My guildmates are extremely disappointed they were looking forward to a new event to play and enjoy. Sure I can always leave my guild for a better one or spend a crazy amount of money to boost my own. But that defeats the point I like my guildmates and leaving them for my own selfish reason is wrong. I may not have a super strong guild but I have a good one, that has grown significantly since I joined.

Completely agree with this. Particularly the first 3 sentences.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »

Some folks are just like that.
    giphy.gif?resize=640%2C640&ssl=1&crop=1

Imagine the sense of entitlement for wanting to play new content right?
  • Options
    To the usual suspects defending CG,

When they say that it’s meant for guilds easily getting 20* in LSGeoTB, then make it that. An R9 gate is a money grab. Nothing else. Maybe they mathematically made it possible to get full stats with proper coordination, attainable GP platoons and CM completion
  • Options

For some of us that's 20 years away, no pun intended but I'm so sick and tired of this argument. I know that it's the unfortunate reality of how the monetization of these types of games work, but there's a difference between "you won't be able to access this right away" and "you'll probably won't access this for another 4-5 years". How is my 5 million account with 0 GLs, and less than 20 gear 13 characters at time of this comment is supposed to feel about stuff like this when they won't even help us access more GLs faster, let along relic anything past relic 5?