New TB end game greed lock

Drim
360 posts Member
edited December 2022
I’m a day one player FTP and have inquisitors R5 not GI yet event not open… and am earning jabba tickets as I type this. I will be unable to participate in the new TB because of relic lock. I want to make sure the average player understands what CG is doing here it’s not about endgame content it’s about greed and not gaming. https://swgoh.gg/p/812576124/

Replies

• Options
    Cool
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Cool

Not cool
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Oh no the new TB that was meant to be harder than LS Geonosis is actually harder? No way

Whether you try and fail or dont try, you probably wont get points either way with undergeared squads
  • Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Oh no the new TB that was meant to be harder than LS Geonosis is actually harder? No way

Whether you try and fail or dont try, you probably wont get points either way with undergeared squads

Is it harder? Did you alrdy play it? I just see a participation barrier in form of relic mins.

To refresh your memory: Just because LS Geo was brutally hard on its release that didnt stop ppl to cheese wave completions with stuff like JTR. Was it at a remotely good success rate, no. It was an RNG fiesta. But ppl DID get wave completions if they survived the opening and could start a TM train - and they even did it with undergeared teams.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Not surprised that people are whining again about the new content. What do you expect it to be? A walk in the park? Any new account should be able to complete it? What's the point of new content if it isn't more challenging? CG has been moving away from allowing cheeses ever since they introduced gear/relic requirements for events like 3 years ago. Don't act all surprised now. Guild can't make it in the new TB? Stick to Hoth or Geonosis.
  • Options
    Drim wrote: »
    I’m a day one player FTP and have inquisitors R5 not GI yet event not open… and am earning jabba tickets as I type this. I will be unable to participate in the new TB because of relic lock. I want to make sure the average player understands what CG is doing here it’s not about endgame content it’s about greed and not gaming. https://swgoh.gg/p/812576124/

That account is sad for 7 years of playing. I have at least 2 years less and 1 GL more than that and roughly the same GP.
  • Options

No offense, but it has nothing to do about greed, but your poor choice of resource management. Because if you are at 9 mil GP and don't have relic 5+ to participate even on a minimum base then what on earth have you been using your resources on?
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Options
    So, assuming that’s your account linked, there is absolutely no reason you can’t compete in the new TB. What’s the complaint? Just that you haven’t R7 inquisitors and can’t do a special mission in phase 3?
  • Options
    How are you unable to participate? You need only need R5-6 for the first two phases. Anyone who does cpit should already have a bunch of R5 teams ready.

And judging by your roster, you have more than enough to do pretty good in the new TB.

• Options

The nice thing is that no guild is required to play the new TB. If a guild has mid-high GP and lots of R5+ teams, it will probably be worth playing it. If not, there are two lower tiers of TBs that are less challenging and still provide good rewards.

• Options
    There's plenty of stuff in the game that's greed based. A new TB being R5 isn't one. CPit is R5+ as well. To get any GL, you have to have R5+.If people get into and find the reality is R8, maybe you have a point. I can tell you, if you go into to CPit with just R5, you're not going to do much.

Sometimes the gate is greed, sometimes the gate is difficulty. They'll get a lot more people complaining they get trounced if they don't but a gate it on it than they will if they gate it for difficulty.

So, yeah, it's sad there's greed gates in a game that's grossed well over 1B, but this likely isn't one of them.
  • Options
    Yeah, I feel like there was a lot of knee jerking going on when it was announced (myself included). After doing some research it looks like my guild (350m) will hit nearly 20 stars through deployments alone. I don't think this is as big of a deal as it initially looked like it would be. I'm fine with not completing later sectors. we'll be able to play the first two stages and probably be able to get to the reva node. I'm fine with this. That being said, we still didn't schedule our first attempt until the second TB in Jan to give everyone a little time to finish things up like Jabba farms and inquisitors. Looking forward to it.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Yeah, I feel like there was a lot of knee jerking going on when it was announced (myself included). After doing some research it looks like my guild (350m) will hit nearly 20 stars through deployments alone. I don't think this is as big of a deal as it initially looked like it would be. I'm fine with not completing later sectors. we'll be able to play the first two stages and probably be able to get to the reva node. I'm fine with this. That being said, we still didn't schedule our first attempt until the second TB in Jan to give everyone a little time to finish things up like Jabba farms and inquisitors. Looking forward to it.

When someone says "I initially freaked out about this but my guild can do it" it really triggers my inner hate for humanity.

Like cool dude your 350 million GP guild gets to enjoy this, guess what man, some of us are years worth of progress to even come close to participating due to how hard getting characters to gear 13 is, let alone getting anything past relic 4...

They do a gear update, nothing on Kyros which is a HUGE problem for like 90% of the community, nothing on gear 12 pieces AND they reduce the scrap values on the boosted gear by 50% to ensure you don't get through relics 1-4 easier as if that's gonna break the game.... It's a joke dude, and they aren't helping people get to GLs and Crancor any faster and that's just plain dumb.

Maybe don't always think about yourself but think about others from time to time
  • Options

When someone says "I initially freaked out about this but my guild can do it" it really triggers my inner hate for humanity.

Like cool dude your 350 million GP guild gets to enjoy this, guess what man, some of us are years worth of progress to even come close to participating due to how hard getting characters to gear 13 is, let alone getting anything past relic 4...

They do a gear update, nothing on Kyros which is a HUGE problem for like 90% of the community, nothing on gear 12 pieces AND they reduce the scrap values on the boosted gear by 50% to ensure you don't get through relics 1-4 easier as if that's gonna break the game.... It's a joke dude, and they aren't helping people get to GLs and Crancor any faster and that's just plain dumb.

Maybe don't always think about yourself but think about others from time to time

Wow. Ok. I wasn't just thinking about myself - I was thinking about my guild. I've been playing this game since before phoenix were in the game. I don't know when that was exactly but it was a long time ago. My guild mates and myself have been building our rosters for years. For YEARS we've been feeling the carbanti/stun gun pinch and we have all built our rosters in spite of that. We suffered through that and now you don't have to suffer nearly as much - isn't that nice? I think that's nice, and good for everyone. CG just threw every newer player a HUGE bone with this gear economy update.

350m isn't even a large guild by todays standards - we're a casual guild and we always have been. No krakens or whales in the guild - just some moderate/low spenders and a whole lot of ftp folks doing their best to keep up. And if you're in a guild smaller than that, these gear changes help you EVEN MORE than they help me. Your guild will grow MUCH faster than mine did. I think that's nice too - even though you're benefiting more than I am. That doesn't trigger me - I'm fine with it - I'm even happy for you.

Roster building just got easier by a huge factor but instead of seeing how much benefit it brings, you chose to get upset because apparently it's not enough. That doesn't really paint you in the kindest light, especially when you follow that up with calling people selfish. It must be really nice to only have to worry about kyro to get to G12. I wouldn't know, because as I was building my roster for the last six or so years, I was always crunched for carbantis, stun guns, gold eyeballs, mk4 commlinks, mk3 stun cuffs... the list goes on and on and on but I'll stop there.

At first blush it looked like nuTB was going to be a brick wall for me and my guild mates, some of whom are day 1 players. So sure, I had feelings about that. A little bit of research and some math drastically changed my perspective. I would strongly recommend you do some actual research on and run some numbers and try to figure out where you'll land on rewards for the first couple of phases instead of going all out gamer-rage about something that you apparently haven't even looked at yet. If you and your guild mates don't have even 2 or 3 teams at relic 5 to engage with the first phase, I'm sorry to say there's nothing you can do but build your roster, just like everyone else has done/is doing. With so few relic teams I can't imagine you're doing much in LS Geo, which is meant to be a stepping stone to the new TB.

Out of curiosity, how many stars is your guild getting in LS Geo? Our record is 18 because we have a lot of casuals in our guild and those players tend to drop a lot of waves - and we should still be fine moving to the new content.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

Great news, there are alternatives! You and your guild can go and enjoy Hoth instead. Maybe the newest, most difficult mode in the game isn’t for you.
  • Options
    More choices is a good thing.
  • Options
    if you think CG is creating content and operating this game for your pure enjoyment and not the mighty dollar, then you are disillusioned. of course its a money grab, its a billion dollar earning game. CG needs to upgrade the Telsa chargers in the parking garage.