Leader Ability: Should ALL skills be reworked?

ALL skills give any character a bonus regardless of archetype they belong to, should they be nerfed?
Or is it bc Teams such as Jedi/Ewok/NS and etc have so much synergy they do not need even more advantage?
I'm leaning towards the latter but most of the pure teams are not as good as mixed.

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I actually think the general purpose leader abilities are fine, its the synergy abilities that are weak. I made a post about it in the feedback section, link is in my sig.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I actually think the general purpose leader abilities are fine, its the synergy abilities that are weak. I made a post about it in the feedback section, link is in my sig.
    Oooo nice Do you think they're weak on purpose? Surely if they were much better than ALL skills there would be more archetype teams? Just curious what's you're take on this :)
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly think its a mistake, not intended. There are synergy skills that do the exact same thing as the general skills but are weaker. I'm hoping they buff synergy leader abilities at some point so we see more synergy teams instead of just individual characters with the best stats thrown together.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi synergy is fine tho.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Jedi synergy is fine tho.

The problem with the Jedi "synergy" is the only Jedi leader anyone runs in arena is QGJ and its just stat padding already good characters. Most QGJ lead teams are only running QGJ and maybe one other Jedi, and then just fill out with Dooku, RG, GS, Leia, Rey etc. And characters like Ahsoka have synergy abilities strictly worse that general ones (ie Old Ben's is the exact same but stronger and not character restricted).

Barriss does have a great leader ability for GW though.
  • DarthMegaBex
    568 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    He has a point compare Old Ben and Ahsoka leader abilities.

Quick Steps – Jedi and Nightsister allies gain 14% Evasion. Ahsoka Tano gains 15% Turn Meter whenever she Evades an attack.

Old Jedi Knight – All allies gain 15% Evasion and gain 25% Turn Meter whenever they Evade an attack.
    Why Devs :(
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options

Quick Steps – Jedi and Nightsister allies gain 14% Evasion. Ahsoka Tano gains 15% Turn Meter whenever she Evades an attack.

Old Jedi Knight – All allies gain 15% Evasion and gain 25% Turn Meter whenever they Evade an attack.

Great point... I feel like they just got really lazy and copied and pasted a lot lol
  • Options

Wasn't old ben chromium only up until a few weeks back? That's why he has the better leader ability I think. Ahsoka was a way to get the evasion boost without investing in chromium packs.

Other then that their main skillets are different as in healer and tank. If you already had barriss for example - old ben a better choice but if you needed another healer ahsoka is better option
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    We're discussing leader abilities though, their skill sets although will affect their overall gameplay is a separate issue.
    I'll agree Old Ben is crafty so his evasion ability makes sense.

I can understand that reasoning, Chromium Exclusives should have some motive to purchase them but it just looks so copy/paste side by side, both Jedi too :/.
  • Options
    We're discussing leader abilities though, their skill sets although will affect their overall gameplay is a separate issue.

I can understand that reasoning, Chromium Exclusives should have some motive to purchase them but it just looks so copy/paste side by side, both Jedi too :/.

I get that you're discussing leader abilities. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you were choosing between the two using the leader abilities as your first marker then you have to fall back on the other skills to make your decision as to who you want. You wouldn't farm a toon just on their leader ability if you didn't know what else they bring to the table.
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

I get that you're discussing leader abilities. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you were choosing between the two using the leader abilities as your first marker then you have to fall back on the other skills to make your decision as to who you want. You wouldn't farm a toon just on their leader ability if you didn't know what else they bring to the table.

Of course, Personally I wouldn't even use Ahsoka as a leader. Lumi gives me heal for GW :3. The comparison is there just to show the difference between All or Specified Leader abilities. I give it to you that Old Ben being a Chromium Exclusive should have a reason to be purchased and his skills make him a very different character in utility but we have to agree that their leader ability is very similar with Ben being obviously superior.
    It's a non issue outside of comparing leader abilities
    I'm pretty sure most Jedi and Nightsister teams don't use Ahsoka lol
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yea most leader abilities should be re-worked. Phasma/QGJ/Luminara are good already. While others like Old Ben's And Dooku's should be completely removed.
  • Options

Of course, Personally I wouldn't even use Ahsoka as a leader. Lumi gives me heal for GW :3. The comparison is there just to show the difference between All or Specified Leader abilities. I give it to you that Old Ben being a Chromium Exclusive should have a reason to be purchased and his skills make him a very different character in utility but we have to agree that their leader ability is very similar with Ben being obviously superior.

Cool. On a side note I'm considering using ahsoka as lead in a jedi/NS heal yo self hybrid team. (ahsoka, lumi, daka, + either initiate/anakin and JC/ventress) I'm just waiting for the update notes to see if Ventress becomes worthy of me spending my saved arena tokens.

@DarthMegaBex - still a bit off topic but what I do find interesting is how leader abilities will work over the course of prolonged battles with the upcoming tweaks (I'm assuming battles will he longer) it could mean leader abilities such as teebo who I only use for fun could be more useful. Especially if you consider stealth vs evasion in the new meta. There could be potential there.....
  • Options

Cool. On a side note I'm considering using ahsoka as lead in a jedi/NS heal yo self hybrid team. (ahsoka, lumi, daka, + either initiate/anakin and JC/ventress) I'm just waiting for the update notes to see if Ventress becomes worthy of me spending my saved arena tokens.

@DarthMegaBex - still a bit off topic but what I do find interesting is how leader abilities will work over the course of prolonged battles with the upcoming tweaks (I'm assuming battles will he longer) it could mean leader abilities such as teebo who I only use for fun could be more useful. Especially if you consider stealth vs evasion in the new meta. There could be potential there.....

Evasion imo will always be viable in meta it's amazing that Dooku just recently got overused honestly, we'd seen him before but now it's blown up. According to some players QGJ is now faster than the Count but he'll still be played bc of evasion and it's good on defense no matter how bad the AI is.
    If you ever get to making it I hope you post it on the forum :)
    Teebo is just annoying to deal with. The stealth can just ruin me if I invested attacking one character and poof >:( Wish there were more characters with stealth like that Datamined Dark Barris, hoping stealth leader shenanigans for her.