More incompetence

Brockman08
26 posts Member
edited December 2022
So CG creates a new TB. Cool, great. Knew it would be hard. Requiring an unreleased toon as a requirement for a CM just seems, well, incompetent. Doctor Aphra releases 12/14, but is required on a CM. Just dumb…
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Options
    I guess you won't be getting max stars this time around then...
  • Options
    Something to work toward.
  • Options
    People amaze me sometimes. I know they shouldn’t but yet they still do.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Yeah, expecting game developers to be smart is amazing. They’ve done some dumb stuff, but this is beyond…

• Options
    Stay with me here...

Do you think it's possible that Aphra might be behind schedule for some reason? Developing a new character and developing an new game mode are two different development paths, likely done by two different teams at CG. I can easily see this being a result of the expected release date for Aphra being pushed back due to technical issues or bugs in her kit. So they didn't release her when they thought they would, but maybe that wasn't enough of a reason to push back the release of the new TB?

Aphra is still coming, so you'll get to those missions in the next TB if you're whaling on her. So you miss out on a few missions in the first run of the new TB - I just don't see that as a big deal, especially considering the point values for CMs.
    Brockman08 wrote: »

Yeah, expecting game developers to be smart is amazing. They’ve done some dumb stuff, but this is beyond…

I take exception to this. There's nothing easy about being a software developer. If you're so smart where's your billion dollar game? I mean that's easy, right?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I don't actually see the issue. They future-prepped this TB. So what? I don't have any problem with that at all, as the ability to do those missions will come online over time. The Scythe fleet mission will become doable in about a month, and even ftp Doc Aphra will become viable in less than half a year. Plus they've left themselves room to add new planets in the future. I think this is all to the good.

Where I actually see incompetence is the communication. They just released a new TB with barely any official information about it. No idea how much TP was needed each territory, or how many missions on each planet, or what the requirements were. Most of us got that info through leaks in order to plan for the TB. It's horrible that leaks provide better information than CG.

And what information CG did provide (ie platoons) was erroneous. How many thousands of people organized platoons based on that information, only to be left scrambling? CG didn't even acknowledge it.

Then there are bugs. How they didn't detect that tripping JML's Ult against a solo Clone Commander in the jedi-specific mission.....how does that get missed? Should have easily come up in testing.
  • Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    I don't actually see the issue. They future-prepped this TB. So what? I don't have any problem with that at all, as the ability to do those missions will come online over time. The Scythe fleet mission will become doable in about a month, and even ftp Doc Aphra will become viable in less than half a year. Plus they've left themselves room to add new planets in the future. I think this is all to the good.

Where I actually see incompetence is the communication. They just released a new TB with barely any official information about it. No idea how much TP was needed each territory, or how many missions on each planet, or what the requirements were. Most of us got that info through leaks in order to plan for the TB. It's horrible that leaks provide better information than CG.

And what information CG did provide (ie platoons) was erroneous. How many thousands of people organized platoons based on that information, only to be left scrambling? CG didn't even acknowledge it.

Then there are bugs. How they didn't detect that tripping JML's Ult against a solo Clone Commander in the jedi-specific mission.....how does that get missed? Should have easily come up in testing.

They didn’t future prep, they future proofed. Curious how I’m supposed to make my staple pilotless ships not get one shot in P2 by Geo ships or my GL’s not get one shot by preloaded and overtuned nonsense.

They took all the hype for this TB and flushed it down the toilet. I hate this new TB.
  • Options
    I think the OPs complaint is fair. CG more and more are gating content behind new characters to bring in the money. It kind of defeats the object if they put new content behind something that's not released yet.....

There was a delay in Dr Aphra's release? Well don't cut things so fine then!
  • Options
    Every TB so far has had missions that you couldn't play from the start and required many months. The mission that requires the character that you can win there (Wat, KAM etc.)
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

They didn’t future prep, they future proofed. Curious how I’m supposed to make my staple pilotless ships not get one shot in P2 by Geo ships or my GL’s not get one shot by preloaded and overtuned nonsense.

They took all the hype for this TB and flushed it down the toilet. I hate this new TB.

I love this new TB.
    Enter battle > die > profit
    Can do all battles in about 5 mins and move on.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

This isn't the first time they have done this and it won't be the last.
  • Options

Don't be silly. Top end guilds are the beta testers now.
  • Options
    Stay with me here...

Do you think it's possible that Aphra might be behind schedule for some reason? Developing a new character and developing an new game mode are two different development paths, likely done by two different teams at CG. I can easily see this being a result of the expected release date for Aphra being pushed back due to technical issues or bugs in her kit. So they didn't release her when they thought they would, but maybe that wasn't enough of a reason to push back the release of the new TB?

Aphra is still coming, so you'll get to those missions in the next TB if you're whaling on her. So you miss out on a few missions in the first run of the new TB - I just don't see that as a big deal, especially considering the point values for CMs.

I take exception to this. There's nothing easy about being a software developer. If you're so smart where's your billion dollar game? I mean that's easy, right?

Maybe they're waiting for everyone to read her book so they actually know who she is :-) (Good book by the way)
    This is the Way
  • Options
    Aphra is not even the biggest problem. You need 10+ Scythe in platoons in several phases :disappointed:
  • Options
    I'd rather they released TB when it was ready (jokes about bugs aside) than wait for other releases to catch up. It's one TB without Aphra and even after the event won't be spending hundreds of dollars to use her next time so I'm happy to wait even 3 months to do that mission.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    edited December 2022
    Options
    OP you are right they should've waited 3 months to release this TB even though they completed it already

Keep it in the backlog for months until everyone can have a 7* Scythe (and Aphra) available

TB is literally unplayable without those two units
This discussion has been closed.