Swgoh time demands are too much

Currently with the new TB and a whopping 15 missions per phase, gac/tw with datacrons to plan for, not to mention gc's and conquest, i think CG is pushing the time demands to remain competitive to an unhealthy state and will ultimately shrink the player base even more
Maybe it's just me but feels unhealthy for me and can't imagine newer players trying to keep up

Replies

• Options
    A few ideas i can think of to help would be allowing the last 2 raids to be simmable

Allowing a sim on conquest bonus nodes by trading stamina for a team

Just a few thoughts, but still overall probably not enough
  • Options
    To be fair, most of that content isn't open to newer players at the beginning, and I can't see this being the thing to push players over the edge. However, there is a lot of active content now which does require a lot of time, to your point.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Aside from new players not having to worry about these things, new TB so far is also less time consuming than LS Geo was. There are more missions, but they're easier and they're only 2 waves. No more 30 minutes MM battles.

Also, treasure nodes are probably auto-able anyway. Just throw a team in, hit auto, and don't worry about it. Will save you plenty of time.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Aside from new players not having to worry about these things, new TB so far is also less time consuming than LS Geo was. There are more missions, but they're easier and they're only 2 waves. No more 30 minutes MM battles.

Also, treasure nodes are probably auto-able anyway. Just throw a team in, hit auto, and don't worry about it. Will save you plenty of time.

Actually my MM battle in P1 took longer than it did in ls geo tb
    Endless protection up haha
  • Options
    It took me over an hour to remod, do all the missions and then put mods back last night. I know it won’t be a problem in a couple of phases, but if I have to do that every day for a week, as well as everything else, realistically it can take a running jump. 36 hour phases are much better in my humble opinion.
    797-722-718
  • Options

MM and CLS rebels shouldn't be used in light side phase 1...between the daze and protection up, they're best used for neutral path. FWIW
  • Options
    It wasn't so long ago that people were complaining about having so little to do. Literally logging in to do their dailies and being done with the game in 10 minutes.

I can't see them making any part of Conquest simmable, so long as there are global and sector feats, unless the sim doesn't count towards them. In which case, it's actually not that much of a boon to players for time saving, except in the final few days. If they want to cut down on conquest time, it'd probably make more sense to make it shorter, then require more stamina to do a battle. For example, they can halve the nodes and feat requirements, then double the stamina requirement. But as I personally love conquest, I'm not a fan of that.

I'd rather them just do away Galactic Challenges (which are more annoying than interesting to me), and do away with both arenas (which are obsolete and tedious doing the same battles multiple times per day).
  • Options

That's just a lesson learned on your part: Don't use MM in the LS path.
  • Options
    Still the game requires to much time to play, they just keep adding on and not making some of it easier, especially for end game players like myself
  • Options
    Still the game requires to much time to play, they just keep adding on and not making some of it easier, especially for end game players like myself

I think that's the point, they're trying to accomodate to what end-game players have been asking for which is more active content. Also, more content=more money, CG is a company after all.
  • Options
    Only time i remembered end game players needing content was before Galactic Challenges and we've gotten a new raid, conquest and now a new tb all in a relatively short span lol
    Is what it is i suppose
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Some people always will think there is too much to do.

Others always will think there is not enough to do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Galatic Challenges are a real time sink. Especially when you have no idea if you're even doing anything to achieve hidden feats. I really don't enjoy it.

Raids on sims I don't think saves much time (for end game players). There are periods where there's a lot of reliance on particular players in raids...........then it's a real chore. When you're past that though, it's basically putting it on auto and getting somewhere.

I find overall it blows hot and cold. Some times you have too much to do, other times I log on and I'm looking in bushes and under logs for things to do.
  • Options
    If you think it is too much then dial your playing back a bit. You don’t have to do everything. Don’t let the game play you.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    They need to take something away, time wise. Previously, they put game modes/events such as GW, Assault Battles, and raids on sim to save time. Believe it or not, Galactic War used to be a major game mode and took tons of time. Then it became easy mode but took 12 auto battles, now it is on sim.

At minimum, put HSTR on sim as well as some recurring events like Defense of Dathomir and Smugglers run.
  • Options
    Not trying to get into an argument about semantics, but nobody is "required" to spend any amount of time on a mobile game. If you feel like it's taking up too much of your time, don't try so hard. Do 1 battle every GAC round. Join a more casual guild. Etc.
  • Options
    Piatz1019 wrote: »

MM and CLS rebels shouldn't be used in light side phase 1...between the daze and protection up, they're best used for neutral path. FWIW[/quote]

I got 2/2 with MM on the left blue mission.
    I used CLS/Chewpio in yellow phase 1.
  • Options
    Currently with the new TB and a whopping 15 missions per phase, gac/tw with datacrons to plan for, not to mention gc's and conquest, i think CG is pushing the time demands to remain competitive to an unhealthy state and will ultimately shrink the player base even more
    Maybe it's just me but feels unhealthy for me and can't imagine newer players trying to keep up

They need to just go ahead and introduce 8x speed so some of the newer character animations will take a normal amount of time and the battles that we already auto will go faster.

On a side note - why is your forum name yelling at me? I feel attacked by the dark side... and the caps lock.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

They need to just go ahead and introduce 8x speed so some of the newer character animations will take a normal amount of time and the battles that we already auto will go faster.

On a side note - why is your forum name yelling at me? I feel attacked by the dark side... and the caps lock.

THIS I can get behind.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Don't see the harm in simming the last two raids, and the sith raid at the very minimum
  • Options
    Simming Heroic Sith Raid will happen anyday now, because I just unlocked SLKR.
  • Options
    Hey shard buddy. Been a while! :D

I like the idea of simming Conquest treasure nodes. Imo, they should remove stamina and allow Sims once we get red crate.

HSR sim is so desperately needed as well, imo.

At least you aren't herding cats in SA anymore, right?