Jedi Knight Revan or Jedi training Rey

I'm going for first Order into supreme leader kylo and started farming the hard nodes for Jedi Revan. But last night i read that resistance is a good squad for the sith raid phase 1, wich my friends and i struggle with.

Any tipps what is easier to get and/ or more promising for the long run. Looking mainly at raids and terretory battles.

Replies

• harvestmouse
    892 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Long term I don't think raids really matter ( right now). I think I know the Sith raid rey teams you're talking about. There used to be a Finn lead one, but it's the Rey, 3po, 5s, rex, bb8 team and it is.........ok at best. I don't think it's a team worth farming for that reason.

JKR's journey is actually pretty easy. Rey's probably isn't that hard either. Rey is needed for GLs down the line. Where although Revan isn't, he's most definitely in a JML team. Where as JTR will probably find her place in a GL Rey team, but she's quite adaptable. Mine's sitting in my Star Killer team right now.

So, both are very good characters and definitely not wasted farm. Neither are pushing you towards SLKR though. They're pushing you more towards JML.

Which is better in the long run? I'd say they're pretty even.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I would call that JTR team (with the clones version) better than OK in Sith raid if your guild doesn't have GLs and is struggling... that team geared and modded enough can solo phase I and do a significant chunk of p2.

THAT being said, by the time you get that whole team up to snuff, is that one whale in your guild going to have SLKR anyway? You could spend all these resources on a JTR team for the raid only to have the raid on farm by the time you're done and feel like you're behind GAC opponents who went with the Revans.

JTR is a good overall long term investment: needed for Rey and JML, can sub on a Starkiller team if you don't have Visas, JTR droids can be good for tmr feats, etc. Revan lets you unlock Malak, and has continued use even as you unlock GLs--can be run with JML or on a separate Jedi team. LSGeo TB and the new TB both require Jedi teams. Standing by themselves and not thinking of GL unlocks though, Revan is a better PvP team.

So I wouldn't go for a team just for a raid at this point in the game unless you are spending to get it fast, because you may have the raid on farm by the time you're done anyway. You will need JTR for JML even if you think you want to go JKR>JML. I'd probably go JKR first; you'll be more competitive then as you work on JTR requirements.

Do you have an account on the swgoh.gg website?

Edit: Re-reading this, you are going SLKR anyway?? He solos the entire Sith raid. Definitely go Revans before JTR in that case (but still get her eventually).
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Since OP states at the beginning that he's going for SLKR, I wouldn't worry about JTR's usefulness in HSTR. I mean, I have both and still use the JTR team in P1 to get a top 10 score and still allow other guild members to score damage before it's done, but I wouldn't be prioritizing JTR over JKR just for that. Both ARE needed eventually, so neither is a waste. Probably should figure out what your longer term plans are and pick the one that furthers those the most.
  • Options
    r1anson23 wrote: »
    I'm going for first Order into supreme leader kylo and started farming the hard nodes for Jedi Revan. But last night i read that resistance is a good squad for the sith raid phase 1, wich my friends and i struggle with.

Any tipps what is easier to get and/ or more promising for the long run. Looking mainly at raids and terretory battles.

JKR is better , but you really should consider the hyperactive $50 bundle
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    And dont forget Malak, so JKR is definetely needed at some point!