How do you use Rey, LV, JMK if you don't have their lifter units from conquest?

Tellithowitis
194 posts Member
edited December 2022
Is it even worth pursuing any of these if you don't have Ben Swolo, CAT or Maul? What are the best squads you can use for each one of them that don't include these lifter units?

Also on Crancor, Rey seems to do well with various squads, LV seems average regardless and JMK seems really bad until you have CAT in which case he's God mode, is there any other way to use him without CAT for decent damage?

I feel like once I have SLKR, these 3 GLs are all bad 2nd options. I wonder if Jabba is worth going for next as he seems to be the best GL in the game going forward. SEE is bad at rancor and in general very ult dependent, JML is a weird one because he's good overall but doesn't seem to excel at anything.

I farming Jabba without the 2x in the nodes is also something that worries me a bit because I'm f2p and it takes too long to farm shards. But then again I have to farm shards regardless of who I go for except for SEE but I really don't like SEE's kit so idk.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Well, JMK squad still has a lot of damage with GAS, Asoka (damage), Padme (cleanse, buff) and GK for yet another cleanse and very solid tank.

LV. RG, Vader, Piett and Thrawn is still a very good squad. Just unlikely to beat JMK / CAT.

SEE is worth pursuing, IMO. He takes take of Malgus in PvP and will probably get a lifter at some time (might be conquest admittedly).
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Well, JMK squad still has a lot of damage with GAS, Asoka (damage), Padme (cleanse, buff) and GK for yet another cleanse and very solid tank.

LV. RG, Vader, Piett and Thrawn is still a very good squad. Just unlikely to beat JMK / CAT.

SEE is worth pursuing, IMO. He takes take of Malgus in PvP and will probably get a lifter at some time (might be conquest admittedly).

Do you think SEE needs datacrons tho? Last I heard he has issues getting to his ult fast without datacrons
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Do you think SEE needs datacrons tho? Last I heard he has issues getting to his ult fast without datacrons

Not in my experience. But Traya's new Omicron might lift him though.
  • Options
    Is it even worth pursuing any of these if you don't have Ben Swolo, CAT or Maul? What are the best squads you can use for each one of them that don't include these lifter units?

Also on Crancor, Rey seems to do well with various squads, LV seems average regardless and JMK seems really bad until you have CAT in which case he's God mode, is there any other way to use him without CAT for decent damage?

I feel like once I have SLKR, these 3 GLs are all bad 2nd options. I wonder if Jabba is worth going for next as he seems to be the best GL in the game going forward. SEE is bad at rancor and in general very ult dependent, JML is a weird one because he's good overall but doesn't seem to excel at anything.

I farming Jabba without the 2x in the nodes is also something that worries me a bit because I'm f2p and it takes too long to farm shards. But then again I have to farm shards regardless of who I go for except for SEE but I really don't like SEE's kit so idk.

There's no such thing as a bad GL option. They are all incredibly useful in different game modes and all fun to play.
  • Options

There's no such thing as a bad GL option. They are all incredibly useful in different game modes and all fun to play.

But SEE is bad for raids which makes him only useful in PVP for me at least. The other GLs have a lot more raid potential
  • Options
    Raids... raids are a done deal by mid to end game. Crancor is being beaten by less then 5 players nowadays. Maybe not currently in guild but one day they will pass. You should think of TB, TW, GAC and Conquest.

-Rey is good in all 3. She doesn't need her lifter. Her kit works with many LS toons. she's used with many LS team comps in many modes.

-LV, like some said above he's good without Maul. May not be able to one shot a Kenobi but keeps himself and others alive to do work in the higher tiers of TB and Conquest. Currently one of the hardest teams to beat on defense untill the datacron goes away. It may come back one day

-JMK one of the best GL without CAT. He's still formidable and got to be careful when facing knee on defense. For TB and Conquest he's just good with many galactic republic/Jedi teams

-Bones SEE, ya he sucks in Raids but TW/GAC he kills alot. May not shine in TB much right now but Conquest, it's nice having another GL in your pocket. Definitely if the feats become sith
  • Options

But SEE is bad for raids which makes him only useful in PVP for me at least. The other GLs have a lot more raid potential

All of the GLs are only getting more toons that can be paired with them for fun options. I just learned some people run BAM Kuill ig11 behind Rey and I'm looking forward to trying it.
    Throw Hondo in there and maybe some really cool things.

Sith are gonna keep getting love. Talon's omicron is decent, Traya's is decent, Savage's. Malgus came in the game. The growth for use of each GL only continues. I have a real hard time believing SEE doesn't pawn in the new TB. New TB > all raids combined. Not that I am even arguing for SEE. Just saying by the time you get him there will likely be even more cool ways you can use him you didn't foreSEE.

I'm working on JMK SEE and SK at the moment. Enjoying every minute. Used r3 oTrayaumvirate + Vader EP to wipe the floor with an LV team tonight. If you play this game thinking you're going to be the equivalent to a chess grandmaster you're probably setting yourself for disappointment. They got lots of people bouncing around Kyber throwing thousands of dollars around. No chess grandmaster is dropping coin for leg-ups in the games they play. Although, there were rumors of electonic-messaging **** beads lately.
  • Options
    SEE is bad at rancor and in general very ult dependent,.

Ult dependant should never be a reason. It's only 2-4 weeks in GL's life.

• Options

The most valuable content is GAC. I use SEE every time.

Meh to his admittedly subpar performance in raids.
  • Options
    I'm so gonna regret having SEE 3 months from now...