Will seldom used characters ever get chance to shine?

Ships already are a thing, but it's not as big as it should be for a "Star Wars" game. It's very much a "Ground Wars" game.

What about ground/planetary vehicles? We have so many characters that we don't have a reason to be leveled up or Relic'd. While are some are good when Relic'd in some game modes, they could benefit from being used more.

Some examples:
  • Farmboy Luke gets his Landspeeder
  • Skiff Guard Lando & 1 other gets a Jabba Skiff
  • Darth Maul gets his Bloodfin
  • Resistance Hero Poe and Finn together gets a Pasanna Speeder
  • regular Finn and Rose gets their own Crait speeders
  • FO Stormtrooper (or a new one) gets a Treadspeeder
  • Aurra Sing gets a Swoop Bike
  • Scavenger Rey gets her Jakku speeder
  • Imperial Biker Scout gets an Endor Speeder
  • Enfys Nest gets her Swoop Bike
  • Gen Kenobi gets his speeder bike from the Clone Wars mini-series
  • The Mandalorian (not Beskar Armor) gets his speeder bike
  • Endor Luke or Endor Leia gets a speeder bike
  • Gen Grevious gets his Combat Speeder
  • Lobot gets a Cloud Car
  • Commander Luke Skywalker gets a snowspeeder
  • B1 Battle Droid gets an AAT tank

Ships already need a Raid. What about small events with ground units to start? Like Assault Battles or Galactic Challenges.

If it's Raid-like...the Jawa's Sandcrawler could be the target. Or like how the old Mod Challenges and current Omega Battles are faction specific for quick easy events.
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.

Replies

• TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    They have been addressing this via omicrons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ships already need a Raid.

This.
  • Options
    I agree with a ships raid as its an area of the game I kind of hate but now that GCs with fleet battles now make me think or try different approaches. I would love some element of say speeder bikes etc somewhere.

What i cant agree with is (i know its just examples posted) is all the extra and massive amount of possible content. The content release is, imo, becoming a farce. Marquee events just to get a 3* toon and maybe a title earned lol (inquisitors or hutt cartel anyone?).

Anyway EA / CG will be driven by market forces so dont expect anything soon.
  • Options
    Nice ideas.

I'd give Revan a swoop bike from the KotOR games
    Possibly the Imp Biker Scout a speeder from Mando rather than Endor since it's a bit more current with the younger SW fans
    You missed Anakin and the vehicle both he and Kenobi used to chase Zam Wessel after the failed assassination on Padme
    General Veers should get an AT-AT too
  • Options
    Vader gets his meditation chamber
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Ships already are a thing, but it's not as big as it should be for a "Star Wars" game. It's very much a "Ground Wars" game.

What about ground/planetary vehicles? We have so many characters that we don't have a reason to be leveled up or Relic'd. While are some are good when Relic'd in some game modes, they could benefit from being used more.

Some examples:
    • Farmboy Luke gets his Landspeeder
    • Skiff Guard Lando & 1 other gets a Jabba Skiff
    • Darth Maul gets his Bloodfin
    • Resistance Hero Poe and Finn together gets a Pasanna Speeder
    • regular Finn and Rose gets their own Crait speeders
    • FO Stormtrooper (or a new one) gets a Treadspeeder
    • Aurra Sing gets a Swoop Bike
    • Scavenger Rey gets her Jakku speeder
    • Imperial Biker Scout gets an Endor Speeder
    • Enfys Nest gets her Swoop Bike
    • Gen Kenobi gets his speeder bike from the Clone Wars mini-series
    • The Mandalorian (not Beskar Armor) gets his speeder bike
    • Endor Luke or Endor Leia gets a speeder bike
    • Gen Grevious gets his Combat Speeder
    • Lobot gets a Cloud Car
    • Commander Luke Skywalker gets a snowspeeder
    • B1 Battle Droid gets an AAT tank

Ships already need a Raid. What about small events with ground units to start? Like Assault Battles or Galactic Challenges.

If it's Raid-like...the Jawa's Sandcrawler could be the target. Or like how the old Mod Challenges and current Omega Battles are faction specific for quick easy events.

You have a reason now, RotE bench warmers.
  • Options
    Love this idea - A whole like speeder bike / small ships / land based ships section.

CLS and a snow speeder sounds awesome.

I'd also like to see Chewie and which ever ewok it was in an endor two leggered walker.
    Gen kens starfighter with R4
    And of course Lando and Nien Nuub in the falcon

• Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    We have been here before. CG themselves talked about bringing ground vehicles into the game.
    That quickly went quiet though after fleet was introduced as well, fleet didn't bring about what they wanted.
    Fleet raid, same reason why we haven't seen vehicles, but also because fleet in its current form wouldn't work as a fleet raid, I think Cg spoke about this very reason why there wasn't one.