Captain January?

I know they have been teasing red 5 but now it's titled captain January. Is this more evidence for that or is it towards another character? Captain Antilles, Captain Tarpals, Captain Panaka, Captain .........

I also have not seen anyone mention this yet.

Replies

• Options
    God i hope not. The release rate has been horrendous and would that mean a full on marquee event of toons to follow?
  • Options
    Jimster1 wrote: »
    I know they have been teasing red 5 but now it's titled captain January. Is this more evidence for that or is it towards another character? Captain Antilles, Captain Tarpals, Captain Panaka, Captain .........

I also have not seen anyone mention this yet.

The only theoretical connection that I've heard is this: Captain January is a 1936 Shirley Temple movie. I don't know if you're familiar with the drink called a Shirley Temple but it's made with grenadine and 7-up garnished with maraschino cherries - grenadine is red, as are the cherries. This is not my theory, I'm just repeating it.

I think everyone is just getting worn out on the red herrings (no pun intended - though maybe that's the joke that meathead has been attempting to perpetrate all along). It's one thing to tease something - but when it's constantly teased it's not fun anymore and just makes people apathetic. It was fun at first - now it feels trite and hardly worth noticing.

I don't care about Red 5 anyway so it's whatever - the most irritating thing about it is now it's even harder to tell if CG is teasing something or just trolling. At this point I just ignore it and carry on with my day.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Jimster1
    174 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Trolling would suck. But I can see a gl Leia coming with red 5 Luke or xwing required or even both and a captain Antilles toon to come along with it.

I guess I care a bit more has my teams are mainly rebel focused. Though it would take me months to farm a new toon.
  • Options
    Anything meathead does in the event calendar has lost all meaning until at least once it’s confirmed it was intentionally meant to lead us to a conclusion. I’m not saying red 5 needs to appear. I’m saying red 5 needs to appear AND meathead needs to explicitly state that was the goal from the beginning.

I personally feel it’s just been trolling at this point and a complete lack of caring about how annoying the trolling is nor caring about the damage it does to meathead’s trust level from the community.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    The community should learn to relax.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I’m fine with the accusation. Respect you tvf but we mostly disagree on topics.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

I wasn't accusing you. I was accusing the community.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

I wasn't accusing you. I was accusing the community.

Fair enough

/salute