G12+ Gear in shipments

yolkywareagle
1016 posts Member
edited January 2023
Has there been a decrease of the 10-15 gear that you can buy using crystals on some gear? The medpak has been giving me a lot of trouble because I prefer not to spend 1500 crystals for 50 pieces. I used to just buy 10 for 300 crystals at a time and then I would end up spending less crystals, but i haven’t seen those offers. Has anyone heard anything?

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    No idea, I rarely buy gear for crystals.

They are the same price per salvage in 10 or 50 count and you will never have enough of them to end up really spending less in the long run. Spending 1200 crystals now or later is still 1200 spent
  • Options
    Yes, but I could spend GET currency instead of crystals, which I much prefer.
  • Options
    There is no discount buying less of a gear. all the gear costs the same in that particular shipment no matter how much of it you buy
  • Options
    There is no discount buying less of a gear. all the gear costs the same in that particular shipment no matter how much of it you buy

Sure, but if you only need 10 it's much cheaper to buy 10 than 50.
    Has there been a decrease of the 10-15 gear that you can buy using crystals on some gear? The medpak has been giving me a lot of trouble because I prefer not to spend 1500 crystals for 50 pieces. I used to just buy 10 for 300 crystals at a time and then I would end up spending less crystals, but i haven’t seen those offers. Has anyone heard anything?

I still see them fairly regularly.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • xpgammer
    142 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    buying gear with crystals usually comes from the weekly store your buy won't be refreshed until the week resets

Some gear can only be bought with crystals apart from raids and it's kind of hard to find an active guild if you are a casual player, forcing you to buy some gear with crystals
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • Options
    The medpak has been giving me a lot of trouble because I prefer not to spend 1500 crystals for 50 pieces. I used to just buy 10 for 300 crystals at a time and then I would end up spending less crystals, but i haven’t seen those offers. Has anyone heard anything?

Heard nothing, other than its random streaky, I notice the 15 Battle Computers come up all the time when I'm looking for only 5 stack for my last few Get-2.

As for MedPacks, I tend to buy those in the following order.
    Shard Store for 360 (#1)
    GET-1 Store for 400/800 (#2)
    Raid Drops (#3)
    SIM them from nodes (#4)

I don't think I've ever purchased those w/ Crystals, not one of the better priced items.

• Options
    Sure, but if you only need 10 it's much cheaper to buy 10 than 50.
    I love finishing off a farm with a quick 10, 15 or 25 piece buy. But starting a couple months ago, it seems I only see 50 or 100 piece options a lot of the time. I wonder if something changed.

• Options

It's difficult for me to say for certain if there has been a decrease in the availability of gear that can be purchased using crystals on some gear. It's possible that the offers for smaller quantities of medpaks or other gear have been temporarily removed or changed, or that they were limited-time offers that are no longer available.

It's also possible that the offers you are seeing now are simply different from the ones you saw in the past, and that the availability of gear and the cost in crystals varies over time.

If you are concerned about the cost of purchasing medpaks or other gear using crystals, you may want to consider saving up your crystals and waiting for special deals or promotions that offer discounts or better value. Alternatively, you could consider using other in-game currencies or real-world money to purchase the gear you need.
  • Options

Yes. I understand that the conversion rate is all the same. I just prefer to go and buy 10 at a time (25 for kyros) so that I don’t accidentally burn any crystals on other things. Also, I know there is no discount for buying less gear, but as an f2p in carb II i have a fairly low crystal income. I generate GET1 much faster and if I can buy 10 for 800 GET1 then I would like to buy 10 for 300 crystals. I prefer not to overshoot because, even if it is the same cost, I like to get it exact and quickly.