Ew 3v3

Dumbbbbbbbbbb

Replies

• Options
    Meh. Join, do a battle each round and get free stuff if you really don't want to engage with it any more than that.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Yay 3v3
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yay a month off of GAC!
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Yay a month off of GAC!

Well, yes for those that really cannot abide it. However, free rewards are there for pretty much anyone and can be got for doing basically nothing.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Yay a month off of GAC!

Well, yes for those that really cannot abide it. However, free rewards are there for pretty much anyone and can be got for doing basically nothing.

Which is still the month off
  • Options
    Just keep in mind with the skill squish algorithm completely destroying any chance of moving back where you were when started your vacation, you may want to think about taking any time off. CG really needs to address this asap.
  • Options
    Hawthorne wrote: »
    Just keep in mind with the skill squish algorithm completely destroying any chance of moving back where you were when started your vacation, you may want to think about taking any time off. CG really needs to address this asap.

Ha! I have no skill to squish!
  • Options
    Byakuya wrote: »
    Dumbbbbbbbbbb

I agree, this thread is dumbbbbbbbbbbbb
  • Options
    I actually like how it alternates. All 5v5 was kind of boring. Plus ot forces you to break up a good 5 team into 2. I probably wouldn't enjoy all 3v3 either. But 3v3 after a round of 5v5 is kind of refreshing.
  • Options
    Are we still talking about this? Maybe someone should start a Betamax vs VHS thread?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

There is exactly one way to move back - outspend your peers. I suspect that is part of the reason why CG keeps 3v3, given how unpopular it is.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

There is exactly one way to move back - outspend your peers. I suspect that is part of the reason why CG keeps 3v3, given how unpopular it is.

Spending won't get you the skill points to climb back up though. I think the point was that the squish is moving people down faster than they can climb back up - in particular if they take 9 losses in a row. In my case those losses are intentional because I just don't care for 3v3 most of the time.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Spending won't get you the skill points to climb back up though. I think the point was that the squish is moving people down faster than they can climb back up - in particular if they take 9 losses in a row. In my case those losses are intentional because I just don't care for 3v3 most of the time.

Spending might not get you skill but it will get you power, and that's enough to win. If you grab the next GL/OP datacron/whatever before the rest of your division, you move up.
  • Options

Spending might not get you skill but it will get you power, and that's enough to win. If you grab the next GL/OP datacron/whatever before the rest of your division, you move up.

But even winning all your matches might not get you back to where you were before losing all your matches in the previous season. I think that's the point that Hawthorne was trying to make. I don't know that this is true - I haven't looked at the stats, but there does seem to be a consensus that it's getting harder to maintain position in the upper ranks of kyber due to the squish, which has a knock-on effect all the way down the ladder. Assuming this is true, spending doesn't fix the problem.
  • Lumiya
    1490 posts Member
    Options

But even winning all your matches might not get you back to where you were before losing all your matches in the previous season. I think that's the point that Hawthorne was trying to make. I don't know that this is true - I haven't looked at the stats, but there does seem to be a consensus that it's getting harder to maintain position in the upper ranks of kyber due to the squish, which has a knock-on effect all the way down the ladder. Assuming this is true, spending doesn't fix the problem.

And not just Kyber. The last few GACs the squish always removed points from me, and it happened right before this one again.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Oh no, the month where i can actually compensate being 2 million GP down. What a nightmare
  • Options
    I actually like 3vs3...and would even like a 3rd mode to get more variety...

Not sure what the issue is...perhaps the lack of solid "metas" in 3vs3...but i like to "adapt"...
  • Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    I actually like 3vs3...and would even like a 3rd mode to get more variety...

Not sure what the issue is...perhaps the lack of solid "metas" in 3vs3...but i like to "adapt"...

You don't know what the issue is or you just don't find the complaints troubling to your tastes? The latter is understandable. The former means you haven't made an effort to listen/read.
  • Options

I think its hard to say how unpopular it is truly, yes there is a large vocal group on the forums and reddit at times saying they hate 3v3, but that doesn't mean that a majority of players. the majority could be silent and not join these areas to speak about how much they enjoy the mode.
    its just going the way of groupthink/ loudest voice