How do Crewless Ships Work

StickSurfer
297 posts Member
edited January 2023
I've been using Tie Bomber in my Fleets to tank out damage while my target lock-focused fleet eliminates the others. However, I've noticed that Tie Bomber's health and protection is larger than any ship that was active at the time (enemy or mine). I fought a Vulture Droid in Fleet Arena today, and its health was only 5 bars (despite being around the same level), while its crewed Separatist allies had at least 9 or 10 bars of health. Said Vulture Droid eliminated my Slave 1 in a few hits with an assist from Geonosian Soldier, despite my Boba Fett being 5 stars, at level 80, and at gear level 9.

How do the stats of crewless ships work? Do they simply scale by level and rarity, just like how characters work?
Hello there.

Replies

• V01D
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Yes they scale based on level and stars. I believe a max level, 7* ship is supposed to be comparable to a G12 character with a max level, 7* ship.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options
    V01D wrote: »
    Yes they scale based on level and stars. I believe a max level, 7* ship is supposed to be comparable to a G12 character with a max level, 7* ship.

No.

A crewless 7* level 85 ship scales to a 7* level 85 ship with a R7 pilot
  • Options
    I'm guessing this is why crewless ships have less maxed health than crewed ships.
    Hello there.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm guessing this is why crewless ships have less maxed health than crewed ships.

Once you get R8 crew members and higher, they will not scale to other ships in stats, yes (health, offense, etc)

but the tradeoff is they don't require much investment to be comparable to other ship units (no pilots to gear up)
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    Options
    @Ultra Thanks for the correction.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Crewless ships, or AI driven ships, use artificial intelligence to react to sensors within the craft to allow for a non human interaction to occur

Typically speaking, the sensors pick up on the area around the craft amd allow for the AI to make calculations and react in a favorable manor.

For example, giving a crewless ship the destination port and access to weather satelite data, as well as tide conditions, navigational gps and compass details as well as gyroscopic input, cargo weight and ship dimensions/weight, tend to result in accurate directional movement.

The danger comes in when a system has no back up and a sensor / data stream fails. Then your AI is handicapped or blind.

But from a 10000 foot view, thats how a crewless ship works.

Oh wait you meant in the game. Same as a regular ship but its supposed to be tuned to be equivalent to a pilot ship. As relic levels grow they may need to retune
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Crewless ships, or AI driven ships, use artificial intelligence to react to sensors within the craft to allow for a non human interaction to occur

Typically speaking, the sensors pick up on the area around the craft amd allow for the AI to make calculations and react in a favorable manor.

For example, giving a crewless ship the destination port and access to weather satelite data, as well as tide conditions, navigational gps and compass details as well as gyroscopic input, cargo weight and ship dimensions/weight, tend to result in accurate directional movement.

The danger comes in when a system has no back up and a sensor / data stream fails. Then your AI is handicapped or blind.

But from a 10000 foot view, thats how a crewless ship works.

Oh wait you meant in the game. Same as a regular ship but its supposed to be tuned to be equivalent to a pilot ship. As relic levels grow they may need to retune

Also know as drones or UAVs.