Any word on new characters?

Stuwart
137 posts Member
All the updates are great, but I want General Kenobi and some new blood in the mix!

Hopefully the new combat fix breaks everyone out of the same characters... Rey, GS, Dooku, Royal Guard, Qui Gon Jin

Replies

• Options
    General Kenobi would break with their current stance on not allowing duplicate versions of the same character, with the notable and understandable exception of Vader/Anakin.

It may happen one day, but highly unlikely. More likely the first one we will see will be Jedi Luke.

More likely is characters such as Cody, Hando, Mon Mothma (who is in Rogue One), the Rogue One cast, film drops December or any of a plethora of bounty hunters, generic troopers or currently omitted OT characters such as Wedge, Tagge, Ozzle, Wicket etc.
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    General Kenobi would break with their current stance on not allowing duplicate versions of the same character, with the notable and understandable exception of Vader/Anakin.

If they don't plan on having duplicates of characters then why in the Sith Lords name would they release Han And Luke as ST Han and Pellet Gun Luke? Han needs his DL-44 and Luke needs his light saber.
  • Options
    They need a fifth clone. Cody maybe.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options

I want heavy
  • Options
    Duckoo wrote: »

I want heavy

I want a Republic Commando :/
  • Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    Duckoo wrote: »

I want heavy

I want a Republic Commando :/

Screw it, just give us Kal'buir
  • Options

Where did they say that was a thing?
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options

It may happen one day, but highly unlikely. More likely the first one we will see will be Jedi Luke.

More likely is characters such as Cody, Hando, Mon Mothma (who is in Rogue One), the Rogue One cast, film drops December or any of a plethora of bounty hunters, generic troopers or currently omitted OT characters such as Wedge, Tagge, Ozzle, Wicket etc.
    I think it is ok to have multiple instances of the same character as long as they do not play in the same team at the same time.

• Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »

I think it is ok to have multiple instances of the same character as long as they do not play in the same team at the same time.

I don't know about that. This game is a game within a game. We're playing these characters on a holotable, it's not supposed to be limited to not being alive at the same time. If that was the case we shouldn't be able to play characters from different time periods too.
  • Options

Where did they say that was a thing?

There are no activatable duplicates but there are a large number of duplicate characters in the encounters that are not available to the players.

Seems pretty obvious why that is the current state of things.

FYI a stance doesn't need to be a written policy, I mean it in terms of their current actions to date. I guess that's not the usual use of the term these days and for that I apologise for misleading anyone.
  • Options
    I needs me some Bossk and Dengar.