LV + Maul (Traya Omi, Fennec, Imp Troopers)

Don't nerf Traya omicron just buff Lord Vader. This is a good opportunity to get rid of the Fennec BAM counter too. Just buff Lord Vader.

If an Omicron character shouldn't be able to beat GL + Conquest counterpart which i'm agree with then a Marquee with a Legendary character shouldn't be able to beat Lord Vader + Maul as well. Just stop nerfing everything in this game just buff the main problem (Lord Vader).

He is beating Rey, SEE, SLKR right now so buffing him won't make a big difference between other GL's ,buffing Lord Vader will prevent the Imp Troopers, Fennec BAM and Traya Omicron counter. Those counters shouldn't be exist AS YOU STATED IN THE ROAD AHEAD. Why are you guys just resisting to buff Lord Vader so much WHY? Lord Vader needed a buff long before his Datacron and right after it.

The update you released a year ago to prevent non-GL counters or more accurately to "balance of the game" was for Lord Vader but it didn't help Lord Vader AS YOU STATED

1. GL + Conquest Counterpart
2. GL
3. Legendary , Conquest Character
4. Marquee

This is the hierarchy you guys stated while you also stated a GL can beat a GL + Conquest Counterpart which i think it's ok but a Legendary (3rd spot) cannot, should not beat a GL + Conquest Counterpart (1st spot). Right now LV is beaten by 4TH SPOT a Marquee (Fennec) 3RD SPOT (Traya). JUST BUFF LORD VADER to prevent other nerfs in the future.

Replies

• Options
    LV has been out for a year. They won't be able to monetize a buff for him at this point - anyone who wanted his has either already whaled or slow farmed him by now. With a buff they risk him beating Jabba or the LS GL to follow Jabba, which hurts their bottom line.

IMHO they should just call this a loss and learn from the failure of SEE and LV and future-proof debuff based DS GLs going forward. It adds a third non-GL team that can counter LV. They shifted from dispelable buffs to locked thermals with Jabba and I'd imagine they will continue that trend with DS GLs going forward.

Just use LV on Offense like SEE. They are both now countered by tons of cheap teams because their kits have obvious weaknesses (soloing SEE and cleansing vs LV), but they both can still be amazing on offense and LV can consistently beat every GL but Jabba on O (and you have SLKR for that).
  • HeroWithNoFear
    59 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    LV has been out for a year. They won't be able to monetize a buff for him at this point - anyone who wanted his has either already whaled or slow farmed him by now. With a buff they risk him beating Jabba or the LS GL to follow Jabba, which hurts their bottom line.

IMHO they should just call this a loss and learn from the failure of SEE and LV and future-proof debuff based DS GLs going forward. It adds a third non-GL team that can counter LV. They shifted from dispelable buffs to locked thermals with Jabba and I'd imagine they will continue that trend with DS GLs going forward.

Just use LV on Offense like SEE. They are both now countered by tons of cheap teams because their kits have obvious weaknesses (soloing SEE and cleansing vs LV), but they both can still be amazing on offense and LV can consistently beat every GL but Jabba on O (and you have SLKR for that).

I partially agree with you LV and SEE are just useful for offense but if your opponent doesn't put any GL on defense does that make him a valuable asset... thinking of how much resource you've put to unlock LV and gearing/relicing his team.

LV should be better so is SEE but i think they will fix SEE with his lifter unit but when it comes to LV it's not that simple he already has a lifter unit but LV with or without Maul still being countered consistently by a lot of low investment team. I don't think letting it go and waiting for new GLs will fix the problem, right now there is a problem and CG should listen and fix this.

What i'm writing after here isn't just an advice for you, but for all of the players that are playing this game just because they love the universe George Lucas created. You deserve better do not afraid to ask for better, ask for quality this can be a game but you are the purchaser and you have every right to ask the reward for your efforts.
    Single players effort to just unlock a GL cannot be underestimated so while we as F2P players try so hard to keep up with the whales there is no shame to ask an adjustment for the product we were promised of it's power.

1. GL + Conquest Counterpart ( LV+Maul, Rey+Ben, JMK+CAT )
    2. GL ( LV, SEE, JMK, Jabba, Rey, SLKR, JML )
    3. Legendary/Conquest ( GAS, CAT )
    4. Marquee ( Fennec, Veers, Nihilus )

CG: As we mentioned in the video, changing characters post launch is a last resort. There needs to be a balance between how consistent a counter is and how powerful the squad they are facing is in comparison. This is not just for squads with GLs, but for any squad that is able to counter another. For a healthy balance to the meta, counters should require a similar amount of resources to the team they can beat, whether that’s mods, gear/relic level, and/or specific units.