Buff SEE and LV. 1 omicron should not > a GL

Your Star-GL-killer has 3 omicrons. He also requires 4 toons to get. Your Boba-TW-GL killer requires multiple Conquests and multiple omicrons.

I contend 1 omicron should not be > any GL

Buff LV and SEE or nerf Wampa Savage and Traya !

Replies

• Options
    No.

SEE has always been vulnerable to any kind of solo type play.

Wampa has far more uses than just SEE and Savage can do great things solo or in a SEE squad

Traya already soft countered LV prior to the omi.

The best solution is for CG to properly test their game before sending things out.
  • Options
    Traya is a raid character and in my opinion, FWIW, has been a long way behind the utility of the other two; GK and Han, for a long time.

The Omi (as is) puts her in a better place. It should stay IMO. It's not breaking anything.
  • Options
    Maybe they did test, if all those things are fine?
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »

If they are looking into her interaction with LV, no they didn’t. Her omi is great against debuff heavy teams and they didn’t know how it performed against a debuff heavy GL? Please…..
  • Options
    SK and Scion Boba are certainly easier and faster to get to than Traya and Wampa were in their time so I strongly disagree. On top of that SK as well as Boba have only 1 really strong Omi and 2 which are more like nice to have and dont make them op
  • Screerider
    1386 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

If they are looking into her interaction with LV, no they didn’t. Her omi is great against debuff heavy teams and they didn’t know how it performed against a debuff heavy GL? Please…..
    But you already implied it was ok when you said this:
    Traya already soft countered LV prior to the omi.
    She beats LV without the Omicron, so why is beating LV with the Omicron an issue?
  • Options
    What point are you contesting?
  • Options
    The notion that Traya beating LV with the Omicron was not properly tested.
  • Options
    True, the fact that CG considers the ease at which Traya now counters LV surprising doesn't necessarily mean they didn't test the omi. It would suggest that they are bad at predicting how their changes will impact the meta.

But I think people are lumping into "testing" CG's inability to predict these meta shifts and interactions in the wild. In part because a handful of active community members on a test server would have found this for free within a couple hours.

Now, if the offense stacking is too high, as some of posited, that would indicate it was not properly tested. But that's a separate issue...
  • Options
    The notion that Traya beating LV with the Omicron was not properly tested.

Because if CG is making a post specifically saying they’re investigating the omicron vs LV then it makes no sense to need to investigate.
    You could soft counter with Traya prior to the dodgecron for LV. Now the omicron makes that counter much more reliable and almost 100% with proper modding and relics. So why nerf the omicron? What did they miss? Are you telling me that someone didn’t matchup Traya against a GL but claimed they tested it? That an omicron that is powerful against debuffs wasn’t tested against one of the most debuff heavy GL’s?

They can’t claim they tested it if they didn’t even test interactions between one of the 6 most powerful characters in the game (alleged based on GL status.)
  • Options
    I can see a scenario where they tested it, noted that the Omicron turned a soft-counter into a hard one and determined that's what the Omicron should do. Testing passed.

Then I can see someone else, outside of testing, finding out about this specific case after the fact and raising a concern for whatever reason.
  • Options
    I can see a scenario where they tested it, noted that the Omicron turned a soft-counter into a hard one and determined that's what the Omicron should do. Testing passed.

Then I can see someone else, outside of testing, finding out about this specific case after the fact and raising a concern for whatever reason.

So they dropped the ball regardless. Whether it was seen in testing, and someone approved it showed that their testing process failed.

Their QA process failed yet again and now we the players who invested a scarce resource into a character, now have to wonder whether or not they are changing the omicron and if they do, whether or not they’ll do the proper thing by refunding us the materials which they failed to do when they nerfed QGJ.
  • Options
    That would still be a failure of testing. If the results of the play test are not passed along to and approved by all the relevant parties, then the testing process as a whole failed.

You're arguing semantics here.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mephisto is the worst troll i've ever seen online
  • Options
    If they handle this the old fashioned way they will release a new P2P character that counters Traya but breaks something else so they can offer another P2P toon to fix that.
  • Options
    There's already plenty of "f2p" (i.e. old) characters that counter oTraya.
  • Options
    There's already plenty of "f2p" (i.e. old) characters that counter oTraya.
    This one would specifically not allow Traya to clean LV.
  • Options
    That would still be a failure of testing. If the results of the play test are not passed along to and approved by all the relevant parties, then the testing process as a whole failed.

Well, not really. I doubt the Testing Team was given a requirement that Omi-Traya shouldn't beat LV, but that non-Omi Traya should continue to be able to beat LV. An Omi shouldn't make a team worse.

Their review could be based on a section of the player base's reaction to the Omi, and someone at EA or CG raising the concern.

• Options

Well, not really. I doubt the Testing Team was given a requirement that Omi-Traya shouldn't beat LV, but that non-Omi Traya should continue to be able to beat LV. An Omi shouldn't make a team worse.

Their review could be based on a section of the player base's reaction to the Omi, and someone at EA or CG raising the concern.

I'm not really sure what you're arguing here.

If no changes are made to Traya, then I think your second paragraph is feasible. As an aside, CG should more clearly communicate what they're looking into and why as those details (or lack thereof) could influence player behavior.

If changes are made, then there was a failure at some point in the process--call it testing, QC, interdepartmental communication, whatever--but it would suggest that their system failed in this instance.
  • Options
    I think we'll see if it failed based on the result of their investigation. Might be a bug involved or might be WAI.