New Puzzle?

Prev1
Based on the Tie Defender Community Questions Post re: Crumb's puzzle and the "Event calenDar: FebruaRy 2023" post title (Capitalized letters) I'm assuming there is a new puzzle (or we're being tricked again- the capitalized letters in the calendar post title re-arranged do spell DERF, one of my favorite words lol). I'm too lazy and my brain is currently mush from work right now though to try and figure it out. Any guesses? RED Five?? lol I don't even want to go there

Replies

  • I find another piece of the Red5 puzzle in the TIE def q&a:

    Since Valentine’s Day is next month, could we see the protagonists from Lost Stars arrive as characters with their own ships?

    Imperials and Rebels should be good in the space battlefield for the time being.


    Your smoke and mirrors tactics didn’t work Meathead. A statement to make us think we won’t see another Rebel ship anytime soon (carefully worded so it’s not a lie: he didn’t say a Rebel Starship) = Red 5 confirmed.
  • Was easy to figure out.. they are releasing a Mercedes into the game

    Its gonna be an 7* G-Wagon with a $100k requirement
  • They did have the Buick as a secret ship in the rogue squadron games. It could be 🤔
  • Iy4oy4s
    2813 posts Member
    Has someone gone through all meatheads posts since he first started this and captured all the out-of-place capital letters to see if they spell something?
  • In the section for GAC, the first week is written as Fivev5. All others are 5v5.
  • Red 5 confirmed!
  • The title for the January calendar has the word Captain in it.
  • There was speculation that there would be five "hints" like these until we got the actual Red 5 confirmation. That didn't happen.
  • Was easy to figure out.. they are releasing a Mercedes into the game

    Its gonna be an 7* G-Wagon with a $100k requirement

    What color is your bugatti
  • Zumwan wrote: »
    There was speculation that there would be five "hints" like these until we got the actual Red 5 confirmation. That didn't happen.

    DON'TS TREATED WITH ZERO-TOLERANCE
    ● Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

    Seems like these calendar posts are baiting the community, no?
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Zumwan wrote: »
    There was speculation that there would be five "hints" like these until we got the actual Red 5 confirmation. That didn't happen.

    DON'TS TREATED WITH ZERO-TOLERANCE
    ● Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

    Seems like these calendar posts are baiting the community, no?

    Considering some people find it amusing and it doesn’t hurt anyone, the word ‘joke’ seems more appropriate. You don’t have to find it funny though.

    Red 5 might come one day. But according to the Q&A: “ Imperials and Rebels should be good in the space battlefield for the time being.”, so it won’t be soon(tm).

    In several months/years/decades when it will come to the game and Meathead will say “Told you so”, that would be the punchline.

  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Zumwan wrote: »
    There was speculation that there would be five "hints" like these until we got the actual Red 5 confirmation. That didn't happen.

    DON'TS TREATED WITH ZERO-TOLERANCE
    ● Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

    Seems like these calendar posts are baiting the community, no?

    Considering some people find it amusing and it doesn’t hurt anyone, the word ‘joke’ seems more appropriate. You don’t have to find it funny though.

    Red 5 might come one day. But according to the Q&A: “ Imperials and Rebels should be good in the space battlefield for the time being.”, so it won’t be soon(tm).

    In several months/years/decades when it will come to the game and Meathead will say “Told you so”, that would be the punchline.

    Just because some people find it funny doesn't mean it's not baiting (some of) the community into thinking something is coming when it's not.

    If I say something rude about someone, it's against the rules even if some people find it funny.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Zumwan wrote: »
    There was speculation that there would be five "hints" like these until we got the actual Red 5 confirmation. That didn't happen.

    DON'TS TREATED WITH ZERO-TOLERANCE
    ● Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

    Seems like these calendar posts are baiting the community, no?

    Considering some people find it amusing and it doesn’t hurt anyone, the word ‘joke’ seems more appropriate. You don’t have to find it funny though.

    Red 5 might come one day. But according to the Q&A: “ Imperials and Rebels should be good in the space battlefield for the time being.”, so it won’t be soon(tm).

    In several months/years/decades when it will come to the game and Meathead will say “Told you so”, that would be the punchline.

    Just because some people find it funny doesn't mean it's not baiting (some of) the community into thinking something is coming when it's not.

    If I say something rude about someone, it's against the rules even if some people find it funny.

    You miss the ‘…and it doesn’t hurt anyone’ part of my post.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Zumwan wrote: »
    There was speculation that there would be five "hints" like these until we got the actual Red 5 confirmation. That didn't happen.

    DON'TS TREATED WITH ZERO-TOLERANCE
    ● Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

    Seems like these calendar posts are baiting the community, no?

    Considering some people find it amusing and it doesn’t hurt anyone, the word ‘joke’ seems more appropriate. You don’t have to find it funny though.

    Red 5 might come one day. But according to the Q&A: “ Imperials and Rebels should be good in the space battlefield for the time being.”, so it won’t be soon(tm).

    In several months/years/decades when it will come to the game and Meathead will say “Told you so”, that would be the punchline.

    Just because some people find it funny doesn't mean it's not baiting (some of) the community into thinking something is coming when it's not.

    If I say something rude about someone, it's against the rules even if some people find it funny.

    You miss the ‘…and it doesn’t hurt anyone’ part of my post.

    I didn't miss it. I just don't find it relevant. Baiting/Trolling/Flaming without hurting anyone is still against the rules (as far as I know).
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Zumwan wrote: »
    There was speculation that there would be five "hints" like these until we got the actual Red 5 confirmation. That didn't happen.

    DON'TS TREATED WITH ZERO-TOLERANCE
    ● Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

    Seems like these calendar posts are baiting the community, no?

    Considering some people find it amusing and it doesn’t hurt anyone, the word ‘joke’ seems more appropriate. You don’t have to find it funny though.

    Red 5 might come one day. But according to the Q&A: “ Imperials and Rebels should be good in the space battlefield for the time being.”, so it won’t be soon(tm).

    In several months/years/decades when it will come to the game and Meathead will say “Told you so”, that would be the punchline.

    Just because some people find it funny doesn't mean it's not baiting (some of) the community into thinking something is coming when it's not.

    If I say something rude about someone, it's against the rules even if some people find it funny.

    You miss the ‘…and it doesn’t hurt anyone’ part of my post.

    I didn't miss it. I just don't find it relevant. Baiting/Trolling/Flaming without hurting anyone is still against the rules (as far as I know).

    You wrote: If I say something rude about someone, it's against the rules even if some people find it funny. Well, you’re right, but I don’t see how it’s relevant to our conversation because I clearly stated that ‘not hurting anyone’ was a condition to define it as a joke. It might be my english skills (no sarcasm), because I thought ‘saying something rude’ felt in the ‘hurting someone’ category.

    There is a line between baiting/trolling/flaming and joking harmlessly.
  • Ultra
    10370 posts Moderator
    Let the mods and staff interpret the rules, the forums aren't the place to discuss the Terms of Service!
  • yeah, I think people are taking this too seriously. I enjoy meathead's posts and titles and odd capitalizations, whether it is a puzzle for red 5 or just gibberish
  • Joking around is understood..

    Actually trying to post Red Herrings knowing that it gets the community riled up?

    I personally don't like it..

    I hope there is a new puzzle and I hope it means more creative ways CG is trying to reach the online community..
  • Ultra
    10370 posts Moderator
    if the community is getting riled up because the CM is having some fun / being entertaining then the problem is the community that is so uptight and easily riled at the slightest mention of fun
  • TVF
    33718 posts Member
    Lol at "if"
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Victim blaming is fun
    Forget the gear crunch, why can't we sim the Sith raid yet?
  • The problem is that if the community is so riled up, them maybe.... just maybe..


    read the room?






    But if you disagree, that's fine. That's your opinion. I totally understand.


    We'll just agree to disagree.
  • Monel
    2742 posts Member
    2hepbxt6a2nb.gif
  • Well, in trying to get this back on topic...

    There certainly have been plenty of little drops or "hints" if you want to call it that. Whether it is the staff having fun or not its still raises a good question. Is it hinting at a new puzzle? Would love to see another one, the last one was a riot to watch unfold.

    I am really hoping to see Red 5 (along with other ships) enter the game sometime soon. My biggest fear is that Red 5 will also bring Relic 10 with it.
  • Ultra
    10370 posts Moderator
    i think meathead confirmed crumb is working on another puzzle

    i would ignore meathead's posts regarding it as the hints are usually in crumb's own posts for his own puzzles
  • TVF
    33718 posts Member
    Rori_Bryan wrote: »
    Well, in trying to get this back on topic...

    There certainly have been plenty of little drops or "hints" if you want to call it that. Whether it is the staff having fun or not its still raises a good question. Is it hinting at a new puzzle? Would love to see another one, the last one was a riot to watch unfold.

    I am really hoping to see Red 5 (along with other ships) enter the game sometime soon. My biggest fear is that Red 5 will also bring Relic 10 with it.

    Red 5 x 2 = R10
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.