How important is Tie Echelon for Finalizer fleet?

To give more context:

I'm farming for SLKR and had a rough start comming back to my account not playing for 2 years and having to farm shards for the toons then discovering the bottleneck on Finalizer. 4 Months into the farm and I can see it on the horizon. Next General's command event I'm able to get Finalizer.

My fleets aren't that bad but I have two questions actually. One is, how important is Tie Echelon for the Finalizer fleet, and, if it's very important, should I use resets to get Finalizer 7* and start farming Tie Echelon Or don't mind any of this and start farming early for Executor(Tie bomber for shards)?

I'm 3/330 shards on Tie Echelon and the only ship missing for the executor is the tie bomber. Characters are all g12 7* for executor, the downside on characters is that I don't have BAM yet even though I'm 220/330 on razor crest

Replies

• Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options
    vilas01 wrote: »
    To give more context:

I'm farming for SLKR and had a rough start comming back to my account not playing for 2 years and having to farm shards for the toons then discovering the bottleneck on Finalizer. 4 Months into the farm and I can see it on the horizon. Next General's command event I'm able to get Finalizer.

My fleets aren't that bad but I have two questions actually. One is, how important is Tie Echelon for the Finalizer fleet, and, if it's very important, should I use resets to get Finalizer 7* and start farming Tie Echelon Or don't mind any of this and start farming early for Executor(Tie bomber for shards)?

I'm 3/330 shards on Tie Echelon and the only ship missing for the executor is the tie bomber. Characters are all g12 7* for executor, the downside on characters is that I don't have BAM yet even though I'm 220/330 on razor crest

I would say it is very important if you want to use it as Executor counter. At 5 * the Finalizer is already able to counter Executors.

If not, even then the Echelon changes your fleet a lot and makes it a lot better.

All in all you shouldn’t spread yourself too thin. If you are going for SLKR farming for Executor might slow you down. Imho I think you should concentrate on SLKR and the Finalizer. You don't need the Echelon right away for him but I would highly recommend it. While you are grinding the dark side Tickets for SLKR (or after depending on the gear you maybe still need for him) you can work on the Executor if you want to.
    We are all made of star-stuff