Reva Mission

Prev13
While you're investigating this Tagging issue that might make the mission harder, could you please also investigate the Pirate re-spawning after all the Jawas are dead, which might save us a bit of unfair DoT & retribution damage?

Thank you.

Replies

  • Also can you look at Geo LSTB and the GP required to get full stars? It’s still impossible to get that much fleet GP.
  • What a clown show. Just a joke at this point. Almost everything is broken on release.
  • StarSon
    7424 posts Member
    While you're investigating this Tagging issue that might make the mission harder, could you please also investigate the Pirate re-spawning after all the Jawas are dead, which might save us a bit of unfair DoT & retribution damage?

    Thank you.

    Firstly, not investigating. They are informing us of a fix that is already done and will be released. The fix will turn this mission into the GC from the other day, which was found to be nigh impossible. There's also a video out there to show how many detonators you'll be dealing with. There's not even a strategy to deal with that. You just go boom.

    Also, they don't care about making anything fun or fair, so unlikely that they'll fix that other thing.
  • I had a few hypotheses for no thermals: balance (DOTs enough of a pain), not tested at all, not tested by anyone that knows what Jawas do.

    Guess the first option has been eliminated. Which makes me doubt that the new mission was properly tested, if at all.
  • I had a few hypotheses for no thermals: balance (DOTs enough of a pain), not tested at all, not tested by anyone that knows what Jawas do.

    Guess the first option has been eliminated. Which makes me doubt that the new mission was properly tested, if at all.

    They've frequently proven they are incapable of testing.
  • Firstly, not investigating.

    I'm not saying you're wrong, @StarSon , but their announcement clearly said that they were investigating. So either it's out of date an hour after they made it, or they were lying, or you are incorrect here. I prefer not to assume either of the first two, which puts me in an awkward position here. I'm gonna assume you're mistaken for now, though I'm open to evidence it was one of the first two.
    There's also a video out there to show how many detonators you'll be dealing with. There's not even a strategy to deal with that. You just go boom.

    I'm well aware and have seen the video. We're talking about both the tagging issue first identified by SigSig and the video simulating the mission with thermals on the RotE discord server. Rest assured that as important as this is, we'll be closely monitoring.

    As for impossibility, well, you'll have to remove 7th Sister from the lineup and drop in whichever Inq you had neglected, which hurts a ton with the absence of healing. Then you'll have to remodel 5thB for max Tenacity and suffer a ton of thermals on 5thB anyway to cleanse the taunt & Stealth. Then you have to drop torture on Scavenger. and pound him down first.

    The optimal timing for cleanse with Grand Inq will change, of course. And we won't be able to wait around for DoTs to kill Scav. It will have to be the highest priority.

    Will any of that be enough? Probably not, but we're determined to make this winnable.
  • I'm an avid launch player and the issues with new content over the past few months have been....uncharacteristic.....of swgoh. They've also been unfortunate, PREDICTABLE (lookin' at you,trayacron v LV), frustrating, and frankly just not fun. I hope EA/CG use this and the string of recently broken stuff as a moment to reassess the feasibility of a closed beta program. I hope that they restart one; we're all better when private and honest feedback is exchanged.
  • Now that whale's guilds have plenty of Reva shards it's time to fix the bug. You are surprised? I don't
  • Firstly, not investigating.

    I'm not saying you're wrong, @StarSon , but their announcement clearly said that they were investigating. So either it's out of date an hour after they made it, or they were lying, or you are incorrect here.
    With this fix, it will make that mission a little more difficult but we will be monitoring this fix and will adjust as necessary.

    They said fix. I expect the fix to be rolled out before we can run the mission again.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    7k8e14vfzenz.gif
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Firstly, not investigating.

    I'm not saying you're wrong, @StarSon , but their announcement clearly said that they were investigating. So either it's out of date an hour after they made it, or they were lying, or you are incorrect here. I prefer not to assume either of the first two, which puts me in an awkward position here. I'm gonna assume you're mistaken for now, though I'm open to evidence it was one of the first two.
    There's also a video out there to show how many detonators you'll be dealing with. There's not even a strategy to deal with that. You just go boom.

    I'm well aware and have seen the video. We're talking about both the tagging issue first identified by SigSig and the video simulating the mission with thermals on the RotE discord server. Rest assured that as important as this is, we'll be closely monitoring.

    As for impossibility, well, you'll have to remove 7th Sister from the lineup and drop in whichever Inq you had neglected, which hurts a ton with the absence of healing. Then you'll have to remodel 5thB for max Tenacity and suffer a ton of thermals on 5thB anyway to cleanse the taunt & Stealth. Then you have to drop torture on Scavenger. and pound him down first.

    The optimal timing for cleanse with Grand Inq will change, of course. And we won't be able to wait around for DoTs to kill Scav. It will have to be the highest priority.

    Will any of that be enough? Probably not, but we're determined to make this winnable.

    You forgot, pray for RNG...
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    This has not been fully tested as it was not supposed to be in this release and may cause issues during battle. Or it may not. We haven't tested it.
  • You forgot, pray for RNG...

    Fair point, Scuba. Though I do try to keep that to a minimum in the KAM mission, so of course I would try to minimize it here.
  • You forgot, pray for RNG...

    Fair point, Scuba. Though I do try to keep that to a minimum in the KAM mission, so of course I would try to minimize it here.

    It's not possible to minimize RNG anymore. The best you can do is get up to a 27% resist chance on a couple of Inqs. GI, 8 and 5 can't even get enough tenacity to change the 15% chance.
  • This is a joke
  • StarSon wrote: »
    You forgot, pray for RNG...

    Fair point, Scuba. Though I do try to keep that to a minimum in the KAM mission, so of course I would try to minimize it here.

    It's not possible to minimize RNG anymore. The best you can do is get up to a 27% resist chance on a couple of Inqs. GI, 8 and 5 can't even get enough tenacity to change the 15% chance.

    I think Seedy may be referring to reducing RNG by way of mods AND strategy. I've seen those folks in the KAM server pull off some pretty amazing things just by way of knowing the mission inside and out. If anyone can do it - they can - my beef is with the fact that it's even necessary to have to take it that far. KAM is great, but doesn't in any way justify the difficulty of that mission. If they're going to give the Reva mission the same kind of treatment, it's just another toon that will be nearing obsolescence by the time I unlock it. I have feelings about this. Salty, salty feelings. But I'm trying to reserve judgement until some first-hand reports are in.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • @StarSon
    Mods are not the only way to minimize the impact of RNG on a mission. Planning ahead for multiple possibilities and maintaining strategic and tactical flexibility are key. If you've ever watched runs on the 50ShardsOfKAM Discord server, you'd know what I mean. Plans within plans.

    @ pretty much everyone:

    PLEASE be aware that the Scav tag relating to Thermals is NOT the only possible tagging problem.

    I suggested to someone that the problem might be the missing GL tag on JMK in p2. Currently JMK is affected by %health damage from DoTs and Torture and is also able to be stunned. People with programming/codemining knowledge have confirmed the GL ability tag is missing entirely.

    If this is the tag that they're fixing, it would make p2 more difficult, but right now p2 is entirely trivial.

    IMO if this is the tag that they're fixing, it's a good thing. P2 is supposed to be an incredible fighter, and yet in this mission killing JMK is like clubbing baby seals. The addition of the GL tag would force you to kill him with your own attacks rather than watch him die from DoTs.

    Yes, that would make it harder. No it would not make it impossible. I doubt my own win rate would go down at all.

    So... while I join everyone in saying that thermals would be a catastrophe at the given Potency of Scav and with other factors held steady, this is NOT the only tagging issue in the mission and we should not assume that this is what's getting "fixed".

    It might be. Feel free to doomsay if you like. But it's not at all confirmed, given the absence of the GL tag.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    You forgot, pray for RNG...

    Fair point, Scuba. Though I do try to keep that to a minimum in the KAM mission, so of course I would try to minimize it here.

    It's not possible to minimize RNG anymore. The best you can do is get up to a 27% resist chance on a couple of Inqs. GI, 8 and 5 can't even get enough tenacity to change the 15% chance.

    I think Seedy may be referring to reducing RNG by way of mods AND strategy. I've seen those folks in the KAM server pull off some pretty amazing things just by way of knowing the mission inside and out. If anyone can do it - they can - my beef is with the fact that it's even necessary to have to take it that far. KAM is great, but doesn't in any way justify the difficulty of that mission. If they're going to give the Reva mission the same kind of treatment, it's just another toon that will be nearing obsolescence by the time I unlock it. I have feelings about this. Salty, salty feelings. But I'm trying to reserve judgement until some first-hand reports are in.

    I'm sure that's what Seedy means, but it's just not possible. Scav has 181% potency. This makes it impossible to put enough tenacity on to make a difference. There is no strategy to get around this, unless your strategy is "don't hit them but still kill them."
  • @StarSon
    Mods are not the only way to minimize the impact of RNG on a mission. Planning ahead for multiple possibilities and maintaining strategic and tactical flexibility are key. If you've ever watched runs on the 50ShardsOfKAM Discord server, you'd know what I mean. Plans within plans.

    Sure, but this mission is nothing like KAM. There's not turn order or move choices in response to things that can save you from 20 thermals.

    Though I didn't know about the GL tag thing, so maybe it's that. If only CG would communicate clearly.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    I'm sure that's what Seedy means, but it's just not possible. Scav has 181% potency. This makes it impossible to put enough tenacity on to make a difference. There is no strategy to get around this, unless your strategy is "don't hit them but still kill them."

    I do think thermals would be a disaster.
    Also, even when things seem impossible, I'm just stubborn enough to try it. Not that I think it would be fair or appropriate, just that I'm going to do everything I can to win anyway.

    Edited to remove a portion of this comment that became obviously redundant with StarSon's post that occurred while I was writing it.
  • Though I didn't know about the GL tag thing, so maybe it's that.

    I only just made contact with someone about my idea less than an hour ago, and it was more recently than that they got confirmation, so no one could reasonably expect anyone to know about that. Everyone knew about the thermals, not everyone realized JMK's GL tag wasn't working, much less that the tag was absent in the code.

    I'm seriously crossing my fingers for that one.
    If only CG would communicate clearly.

    Prexactly.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    This has not been fully tested as it was not supposed to be in this release and may cause issues during battle. Or it may not. We haven't tested it.

    Great quote
  • TVF
    36571 posts Member
    Why do you have to drop 7th
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Why do you have to drop 7th

    Presumably because she would kill herself with thermals from her constant assists.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Herd Nerfer has it.

    You'd be much better off with one powerful attack per turn than with constant assists.
  • You do have to wonder, what would have been the harm in providing just a little more detail so we don't have to guess at this. I'm having a hard time finding what advantage is gained by not disclosing which tagging issue they're "fixing".

    @CG_Tusken_Meathead any chance we could get a little clarification so that guilds can prepare to change strategy if necessary?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • This is plain ridiculous to fix just as some guilds are unlocking.

    This is simply too late. You can’t unring this bell.
  • TVF
    36571 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Why do you have to drop 7th

    Presumably because she would kill herself with thermals from her constant assists.

    I'll just put a juicy self-daze mod on her.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba wrote: »
    This has not been fully tested as it was not supposed to be in this release and may cause issues during battle. Or it may not. We haven't tested it.

    They should add this as a disclaimer for all releases.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    What a clown show. Just a joke at this point. Almost everything is broken on release.

    Only CG is capable of surprising us with the level of incompetence they manage. Not because we don’t expect it from them, but because they continue to outdo themselves regularly.
Sign In or Register to comment.