Ig88

Wouldnt it be a 1hko each time?

Replies

• Options
    Assuming they go in that order, IG88 would be doing a ton of damage
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    We have no idea. They are changing several variables at once... Advantage + Protection + speed vs. damage ratio.

No one has a clue how this will modify what's good and what's not.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Boba lead
    Poe
    Poggle
    Phasma
    Ig88

Wouldnt it be a 1hko each time?

I hope you're right but being fair, it's too early to tell. We'll know by next week though!!!
  • Options
    88 is the lynchpin and easiest to down, as things stand.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The new meta is people making wild guesses about the new meta without having any actual idea of what will be good or not since we don't know what numbers they have assigned to any of the characters.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    ok. in defense this team is horrible- IG88 removed/stunned and your game is done.
    in offense you depend on the RNG - if the GS/QGJ/Rey/RG focus your IG, your game is done.

i dont see why you already assume about this team as the new meta. 1 damager only. that means that if hes down you lose. and if there's a healer in their team, since you barely can finish some1, you lose.
    if that team, in offense, will be able to beat Dooku(L), Rey, GS, QGJ, RG - good job to you :)
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    ok. in defense this team is horrible- IG88 removed/stunned and your game is done.
    in offense you depend on the RNG - if the GS/QGJ/Rey/RG focus your IG, your game is done.

i dont see why you already assume about this team as the new meta. 1 damager only. that means that if hes down you lose. and if there's a healer in their team, since you barely can finish some1, you lose.
    if that team, in offense, will be able to beat Dooku(L), Rey, GS, QGJ, RG - good job to you :)

The OP is talking about after update meta... Not today's meta. Obviously it would be terrible team today lol.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    and who said that the new meta will make it so better ?
    fact is, that Phasma advantage is currently better. 100% defense pen ? Crit is alrdy happening a lot, the defense pen is amazing. they couldn't afford it in new meta cause it will be OP if they make the Defense much more important, so 100% penetration will make oneshots viable again.
    so, phasma will be weaker, imo. perhaps everybody will be "weaker" in the new meta, but phasma for sure. Boba will continue to be useless unfortunately, IG88 will still be squishy - his fortitude will be low - since his defense is low. its not like he got armor and just low hp, its both low.
    i dont know if poe will be better. i hope so, they nerfed him too much, making him 3rd best taunter tank after he was first.
    and in generally, he cant know how many change it will be. i still bet that those toons won';t make a good team, and i dont think they synergy will be good with them. only crit.. ? there's much more in this game than this.
    Counter team for example can make a little comeback - dooku will remove the defense by counter before atcking again. i bet he will still be everywhere.

after update this team can be better than what it is now - but meta team only causse its around crits? i doubt it.
  • Options
    This is pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if that team works well on defense albeit for different reasons.

Now that OHKOs will no longer be possible, arena battles are going to become a real test of the AI's defense as the number of possible moves open are going to increase drastically. I would generally speculate that purely damage-based toons (e.g. Rey, GS) may become less useful as they will now only bring an enemy toon to half-health, if that, which is a problem if the AI continues to work as it does now as it often opts only to focus on toons once they reach critically low health.

Toons that deal AOE and debuffs (e.g IG-88, Boba) however are much easier to control by AI on defense: even if their damage to individual toons is weaker, continuous rounds of AOE damage that ability block (especially) or reduce turn meter may become the best alternative.

With your suggested lineup, I'd even suggest you replace Phasma with Magmatrooper, Anakin, Dathcha or even the Grand Moff for arena defense. I find Phasma typically leads with Fusillade more of the time which wouldn't help you here so much.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone bangs on about lando being new meta but I just do not see it. The only people Iam adding to my squad is savage or/and st han, don't forget they will release new heros who will heal this new protection thing which also will make lumi redundant and also new heros based around the new changes.
  • Options
    Let's be honest here..even with the new meta Dooku is still gonna make people mad. Everything else is just speculation.