How needed is Vader for tiers 6 and 7?

Currently building Phoenix for Thrawn and Palpatine, and I expect that in the next couple of weeks I’ll have both at 7 stars. Maybe that’s optimistic, but if not in a few weeks then it won’t be long after.

When it does, the next natural step is bettering my Empire team for R2. I already have R2, so it’s not getting him so much as building him for CLS.

To get R2 originally, I used Palpatine, Vader, TFP, Stormtrooper and Tarkin. I’m level 74, so pushing for Vader at this point is just a case of gaining levels, which is very slow at this stage in the game. I can get a few extras from the Fleet Arena store every now and then, but it’d still take me ages.

Tarkin, TFP and Stormtrooper on the other hand are all relatively easy gets, in that there is a consistent method for each. Thrawn and Palpatine will already be 7, so that makes the five characters needed.

Would I be able to beat the 7 star with Palpatine, Thrawn, Tarkin, TFP and Stormtrooper? Or is it worth just accepting the fact I’ve got a wait ahead of me for getting Vader. I know he’s really good, and I’ll 7 star him at some point, but if I can avoid to wait I’d prefer it.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thrawn and Palp are probably plenty. These old events aren't strenuous. Remember that this came out before Vader had Mercilous Massacre. This is probably around a gear 8 event.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    I just beat t7 with this sorry lot and didn't lose anyone.
    lo4fop6hwaar.jpg