Clash on Kamino - Phase 3 of General Skywalker

I'm really fed up with this screen already.

I read this guide have everyone at relic 5 minimum, with Padme, C3PO, Kenobi and Shaak Ti at 260 speed (Ahsoka "only" 230). Kenobi is at Relic 8.

The "recommended power" says 24300 and I have:
Padme 29k, Kenobi 32'5k, Shaak Ti 27'k, Ahsoka 27'k and C3PO at 27k.

I lost count of how many times I drained my battery attempting this screen, I might have tried it 100 times at least.

What on earth is needed?

Replies

• Options
    This is who I watched for p4, he may have guides for p3

https://youtu.be/bo0SnTfAmjI
  • Options
    P3 isn’t horrible by the comparison of P4. Focus on tenacity for GK and get that heal onto him from Shak to to continue to stack his tenacity. Take out B2 immediately and then time up the magna guards to eliminate the droideka’s. Let Grevious siphon away B1 while you do that.

Be ready for P4. Even after their changes to make it “easier” it’s and RNG fest dependent on assists from droidkea while it’s deployed.
  • Options
    Try to follow the Skelturix guide (YouTube), his guides are excellent. I don’t know if the guide you posted lines up with his because I haven’t read it, but I just finished GAS unlock and was loosely following his strategy.

I did it with r4 GK, r3 Ahsoka, g12 Padme/Shaak, and g11 C3PO. Yes, it’s incredibly frustrating. FYI the Magnas are 270 speed and you need everyone but Ahsoka faster than that. I wasn’t able to get the turn order right for the Skelturix guide because I couldn’t get C3PO fast enough without access to 6 dot mods for him, but I still got it done. To pull it off, I had to go and take my best mods off all my other characters, which was incredibly time consuming to do, and then put everyone back - which for me begs the question of what I find FAR more frustrating than this phase of the GAS event:

*ahem*

WHY IS THERE NO FULL ROSTER MOD SAVE FEATURE??!!!??!?!!!?!!!!

Honestly, the lack of this extremely obvious feature is what really ticks me off about the whole thing. There’s NO reason it should take HOURS to remod your characters for one lousy mission.

Anyway, you probably need to do the same, and if you don’t have good enough mods…you need to work on your mod inventory…

Good luck!
  • Options
    Ps - make sure to make mod load outs for all
    the characters you’re stealing mods from, to make it a little easier to put things back the way they were.

Yeah, it’s a stupid chore they shouldn’t exist.
  • Options
    I think OP is referring to p2, p3 is just GAS vs AV.

I also followed the guide for p2 from the same person I shared the link to in my previous post
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    the characters you’re stealing mods from, to make it a little easier to put things back the way they were.

What shouldn't exist, mods?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Sorry it’s a typo: it’s a chore that shouldn’t exist, referring to the tedious nature of having to individually save mod loadouts one by one. That would not exist if we had the capability or snapshotting our entire roster at once.

I think mods are great. It’s the interface / tools for managing them (and lack thereof) that is infuriating. And yes the recent changes were a huge step forward, but again - why no full roster snapshot??!? It would make things like remodding a squad for a specific game mode or journey guide level a snap, rather than a soul-sucking chore that can take hours, because you can go back to where you were in a click of a button.
    TVF wrote: »
    KDC99X wrote: »

What shouldn't exist, mods?

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Conspiracy theory time but I think they have been working with HU and have been dragging out full improvements so that HU maintains value. If they ever bring full roster loadouts in-game I'm out on HU.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ha I’ve wondered the same - would be nice if instead they just brought them on board to help develop a better in-game system!
  • Options
    Op, Wait untill you get to p4
  • Options
    This event has easily been my least favorite by FAR.
  • Options
    The whole GAS unlock event is a rage inducing RNG fest. Honestly don't know what value is added to the game by making it so difficult. Maybe when he was first added to the game, I can see this being a way to reward people who are particularly persistent, but at this point in the game even though he's still a really good character, they should probably ratchet back the RNG shenanagins. Even after you unlock him you still have to spend tons of GET1 over weeks or months to get him to 7* - to me that feels like enough of a gate to justify an easier unlock event.

Suuuuper frustrating. I didn't even put gear on him for weeks after completing the event because I was so disgusted with the whole thing.

Unreasonably difficult. Massive inconvenience.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Personally, I found P2 to be WAY more frustrating, but I already had Asajj at r1, B1 at r4, and Magna at r3, with only B2 and DDK sub-relics (g12 and g11, respectively). And apparently P4 is easier since the "Great Nerf" changes of 2021.

Did a couple of attempts, could tell I needed to just go ahead and slap the best mods I could on them like I did with P2, and since I already had spent hours combing through my roster and setting up the loadouts for P2.. I did so, knocked it out in a couple more tries, and moved on with my life...
    Franke wrote: »
    Op, Wait untill you get to p4

And yes I agree. Not to mention the time and resource investment it takes to get the unlock reqs in the first place. It's hard enough to get to that point, we don't need additional layers of difficulty heaped on top when we think we're on the verge of unlocking a new toons we've been looking forward too for months or even years. Malak event was similarly rage inducing (probably worse for me personally tbh). A comment I saw on Skelturix's guide: "'Yay I spend all that time gearing up my characters, now I'm rewarded with a really fun event said' - no swgoh player ever."

I really don't get the mentality of being so punitive to the player base. I'm sure someone will come and say "frustration spending" - but that's just a really gross way of doing business. There's better ways.

I do think however, that the very simple fix of implementing a full roster mod snapshot feature, would go REALLY far towards helping alleviate a lot of the frustration. I had to do the same remodding for Malak event that I had to do for GAS, and I hate it every time. Mods do actually make a huge difference in completing these events, and I think a lot of people - justifiably - just don't want to bother with the tedium of how the in-game mod management system (barely) works.

And no, I don't have hot utils, because why I should have to pay third parties for functionality that should exist IN-GAME, when I already spend enough time and money in this game? They make enough money to make their product fully featured.
    The whole GAS unlock event is a rage inducing RNG fest. Honestly don't know what value is added to the game by making it so difficult. Maybe when he was first added to the game, I can see this being a way to reward people who are particularly persistent, but at this point in the game even though he's still a really good character, they should probably ratchet back the RNG shenanagins. Even after you unlock him you still have to spend tons of GET1 over weeks or months to get him to 7* - to me that feels like enough of a gate to justify an easier unlock event.

Suuuuper frustrating. I didn't even put gear on him for weeks after completing the event because I was so disgusted with the whole thing.

Unreasonably difficult. Massive inconvenience.

• Franke
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Many of us tried to clear p4 with bear minimum pre nerf therefore it sits in memory as a HUGHE pain.
    Im glad you beat the event! Gas is a powerhouse with high utility.
    Enjoy gasing your opponents!
  • Options
    Thanks! And I definitely empathize!! Looking forward to getting him up to 7* and relics, he's going to add a lot to my roster!
    Franke wrote: »
    Many of us tried to clear p4 with bear minimum pre nerf therefore it sits in memory as a HUGHE pain.
    Im glad you beat the event! Gas is a powerhouse with high utility.
    Enjoy gasing your opponents!

• Options
    Thank you all for the comments!

Now I know what I need to do, I still believe is bull*$€@ and if my characters have a 10% more power than the minimum recommended it should be a walk in the park but, oh well.

Not looking forward for pt4 from what I can read in the comments but I really want GAS so... there's that.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    At least it’s absolutely worth it
  • Options
    Good luck and MTFBWY!!
  • Options
    Attack orders is a must in this one. You will need to swap some of your speed even if you have good ones. Made it on my alt account few weeks ago and it was my problem.