Galactic Challenge testing?

Hey CG? It'd be nice if when you do actually test something, you NOT use that 14 mil GP account you have ready? So, you know, players who even have a 10 mil GP account don't have to watch their R7/8 team get wiped out by your excessive AI garbage?

When your Juhani (you know that Jedi character that is garbage for players except for having an omni for TW) can ONE shot an R7 character, maybe it's turned up a bit too much?

Wake up and realize some balance here. Stop making the game for the 0.01% of players in the game for a change.

Yes, I've watched Bit Dynasty's video and my team is all relic'd, plus I swapped on mods. This is someone being lazy and throwing the full R9 god mod squad in on full auto and saying, "looks fine to me!" and releasing it.

Replies

• Options
    I got to box 9 and am leaving it at that.

I assume there's a droid character that makes it easier but I don't think I have it / them.
  • Options
    Droid Nuke team worked for me.
  • Options
    Just remember, it’s always WAI, even when the modifiers don’t work as written.

Just be happy you can survive the massive damage from Revan to see the Juhani one-shots.

Snark aside, I was able to finish the droid part with 5OR-T, R2D2, T3M4, BT-1, Threepio & Chewie.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I got to box 9 and am leaving it at that.

I assume there's a droid character that makes it easier but I don't think I have it / them.

This. I will happily take box 8 and 9, its not worth the head ache
  • Options
    I've seen lots of people using 50RT BB8 Chewpio +2 (T3/88/R2/Evil R2). Doesn't work for me since 50RT and T3 are lower gear, but clearly it's do-able. I took t9 crate and called it a day.
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah you can get T9 by just stomping the G12 losers.

My bigger issue is that GG's zeta passive is not WAI - he often does not get his bonus turn immediately following a droid ally kill, another one of the enemies will squeeze in a turn first.
  • Screerider
    1384 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. "Hesitation" says they can't gain bonus turn meter, but Metalloid Monstrosity is a bonus turn. I see a distinction.
  • Options
    Janus wrote: »

My bigger issue is that GG's zeta passive is not WAI - he often does not get his bonus turn immediately following a droid ally kill, another one of the enemies will squeeze in a turn first.

Swap turns have priority over Bonus Turns.

When a droid ally is defeated by JKR's turn swap, they will go first.

This is WAI.
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    Options

This is WAI.

Meanwhile Vader MM still gets interrupted by TM overflow.

Lol this game is a potato sometimes
  • Options

This is WAI.

Why wouldn't he get interrupted by TM overflow?

If there are two bonus turns, whoever has highest overflow goes first.
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    Options

This is WAI.

Consistency should be the goal, not arcane interactions that the vast majority of players don't know about.

Either
    a) Vader MM always plays out before bonus turns, or
    b) It always gets interrupted by bonus turns like JKA/GG.

Instead SOMETIMES it gets interrupted based on TM overflow, which again, most players don't know about and even if you do is incredibly difficult to predict, or even goofier interactions like turn swaps, which magically take precedent, another unique exception to try to keep in mind.

So most players are just playing half-blind, unsure of why they're racking up losses.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

This is WAI.

Consistency should be the goal, not arcane interactions that the vast majority of players don't know about.

Either
    a) Vader MM always plays out before bonus turns, or
    b) It always gets interrupted by bonus turns like JKA/GG.

Instead SOMETIMES it gets interrupted based on TM overflow, which again, most players don't know about and even if you do is incredibly difficult to predict, or even goofier interactions like turn swaps, which magically take precedent, another unique exception to try to keep in mind.

So most players are just playing half-blind, unsure of why they're racking up losses.

It *is* consistent, you just don't seem to understand some of the other mechanics. Nothing "magically" takes precedent. It's coded the way it's coded.
  • Options
    Box 9 should be easy to get for anyone with a GG team.

I was able to get Box 10, albeit after about an hour of attempts and honing of strategy, using a team suggested by my guildmate: 50RT, T3 (mine is G12), Dark, L3, 3PO. I think it's fairly reasonable to expect an endgame player to have that team on par with mine.

Is box 10 on this one harder than most? Of course. But it definitely is doable for a standard endgame player, imo.
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It *is* consistent, you just don't seem to understand some of the other mechanics. Nothing "magically" takes precedent. It's coded the way it's coded.

The information isn't readily available, a plainface reading of the mechanics suggests something with one character, but does something else with another.

But jt's okay to be intentionally obtuse, we all have PhDs in TM interaction
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

The information isn't readily available, a plainface reading of the mechanics suggests something with one character, but does something else with another.

But jt's okay to be intentionally obtuse, we all have PhDs in TM interaction

While it is not readily available, or available at all in game, you don't need a PhD in TM interaction to understand it. If you play enough, you'll see the interactions for yourself, and see that they are consistent. Or, someone like you who seems to care so much about it, can search on the forums for the thread from the devs that explain it in detail. Either way.
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    Options
    While it is not readily available, or available at all in game, you don't need a PhD in TM interaction to understand it. If you play enough, you'll see the interactions for yourself, and see that they are consistent. Or, someone like you who seems to care so much about it, can search on the forums for the thread from the devs that explain it in detail. Either way.

Lots of people care enough to search on the matter, because it's not clear lol

• Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options
    Box 9 should be easy to get for anyone with a GG team.

I was able to get Box 10, albeit after about an hour of attempts and honing of strategy, using a team suggested by my guildmate: 50RT, T3 (mine is G12), Dark, L3, 3PO. I think it's fairly reasonable to expect an endgame player to have that team on par with mine.

Is box 10 on this one harder than most? Of course. But it definitely is doable for a standard endgame player, imo.

Yes, spend an HOUR working on ONE TIER of this challenge. Along with dailies, TW, TB, GAC, Conquest, assault battles, farming shards / salvage, upgrading characters, prepping for GAC and TW, CPIT, and that silly real life stuff.

I went full auto on the tier 9 team without issue. Tier 10 I tried a few times with a few different teams. And with an End Game roster, I SHOULDNT have to spend over an hour trying to clear one tier of a galactic challenge. It just continues to give the perception they are making things excessive and tedious on purpose to get us to not want to complete and get top rewards. Right along with conquest and the grindage that makes people not want to get the max crate.

(CG, this is a mobile game, not an MMORPG. Ease up on the time sink silliness.)