Jedi need a rework, they smell like saltwater

To get to the point, there are a lot of jedi in the roster that I would classify as “Launch units”… in other words, units available in the game since launch, which over the game’s lifecycle have not gotten much in the way of “improvements”… Omicron abilities and relic tiers have only done so much, and while yes this might take some time, I think that it would be WELL worth a touch-up. A PERFECT example is Mace windu’s rework about a year ago… I know I remember his old ability kit (remember when shatterpoint would expose an enemy and not do a unique debuff? Those were the days…) and how much better it is now. A lot fo the jedi in lore that are super powerful (*cough *cough plo koon *cough *cough) are just represented as “push-over units”, making late-game jedi teams bottlenecked into late-game units like GAS, JKR, GMY, etc. While this might be an intentional thing, it still doesn’t put that someone like Eath Koth has only a force push and a lightsaber slash… I would’ve posted this forum last night, but I had an issues when I tried to spell “Ferren” right after 4 attempts… (I want to see Ferren Barr as a new unit, he’s awesome and there’s a lot of material for potential abilities)

Replies

• Options
    plo koon needs to be reworked and they should add wolf ad some 104th troopers (one being a trooper with a jet pack) to go with him.
  • Options
    Not a JEDI issue. There are A LOT of toons that are not usable of many different types...hence the "Omicron" technique...
  • Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Not a JEDI issue. There are A LOT of toons that are not usable of many different types...hence the "Omicron" technique...

I guess the Jedi stand out due to the contrast of how powerful they are in the lore in general and their performance in the game.
  • Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »

Well CUP and other like units don’t typically have much power in lore.

I think it’s fair to bring the leftover Jedi into relevancy. OP doesn’t seem to be asking for anything top tier at all really. They should be able to take out things like Geo’s or maybe even mid level teams. As it stands they can’t beat anyone really.
  • Options
    The GR Jedi really need their tanks to Taunt.

Its dumb that only G-Kenobi will taunt.

The Mace Re-work helped a little, but Plo really needs to, you know, TANK.

Its hard to form a group when the entire faction lacks many of the CC abilities that non-tank teams have (AE Stun or TM of Palps/Trooopers for example).

Stuff like Aayla's Stun can only go so far.
    Even Barris's healing can only do so much when its not being applied to a major tank like GK.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think most existing Jedi are fine and in a good place in this game, even the launch units

Plus, we always get more Jedi like Cal Kestis incoming
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think most existing Jedi are fine and in a good place in this game, even the launch units

This honestly, jedi has gotten so much love from the moment JKR came out, we got JMK, JML, JKR, Qui gon, these are some of the steongest teams in the game, much rather see reworks for mandalorians, they still hit like a wet noodle.

Or get 2 more night sisters to haven2 full night sister teams, (1 is confirmed obviously coming in with Cal)
  • Options
    I don't see any need in gearing up Luminara Unduli, Eeth Koth, Ima-Gun Di, Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight Guardian until they bring them to a level where they are useful or are needed for a GL or Capital Ship or something like that.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I don't see any need in gearing up Luminara Unduli, Eeth Koth, Ima-Gun Di, Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight Guardian until they bring them to a level where they are useful or are needed for a GL or Capital Ship or something like that.

I don't often agree with you, but I'm 100% with you on that one. There is very very little use to the toons you mentioned. They either need to rework them, or make them a requirement for something in the future. Ideally both.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Why saltwater though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Why saltwater though.

Have you been to New Jersey?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Why saltwater though.

Have the Jedi?
  • Options
    Why saltwater though.

Have the Jedi?
    Obviously 😂
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Before the new TB I would have agreed with you but now that we need to put high relics on some of these characters, it would be actually nice to be able to use them/have them somewhat useful.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Before the new TB I would have agreed with you but now that we need to put high relics on some of these characters, it would be actually nice to be able to use them/have them somewhat useful.

Unfortunately, thinking cynically, this is also a very good reason for CG to not rework those characters. Why would they rework characters to encourage gear/relicing them when there’s already an incentive in TB platoons/CMs?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Why saltwater though.

Kamino…
  • Options

That’s why I put this post… there is only units being added, it doesn’t make the faction stronger more effective if most of the really powerful units are all late game units… I’m not expecting the jedi knight guardian or consular to be top teir, but I do want them to at least hav SOME potential in a JMLS team… JMK is mainly a GR GL, so it doesn’t make much sense if most of the GR jedi are all bottom of the bottom… even more so, by adding in more units for late-mid game, it makes starting a struggle
  • Options
    My start doesn’t get much worse… I was basically forcing myself to no progression, and where I should have some pretty strong teams, I have almost every node-farmable unit in game at gear V or VII… more so, I have recently begun to like sith more (both lore and in-game) since a lot if the sith are almost double the power of a normal jedi… even a lower gear maul (like gear V, Sith not mando) could overpower most other jedi of a similar gear level. It makes early game less so on jedi and more so on pheonix and rebel units.
  • MINI_S010
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Something else is while yeah some of the launch units are ok, if you take a unit like jedi knight guardian and put it up with another launch unit at relic 4 (lets say snowtrooper), the jedi guard will get smashed… snowtrooper is faster and deals more damage naturally, and while more defense is good and all, it doesn’t do much if you keep getting ability blocked and hit with heavy criticals (without mods… just base stats).

Edit:both at relic 4, not just snowtrooper… should’ve specified
  • Options
    My opinion is that you should never have a toon that is irrelevant. For those weaker toons currently in the game, it's easy enough to make them a "niche" toon - one that serves a specific purpose against a particular faction or toon. For example, a Jedi that only tanks well against Droids, or a toon that gets extra Tenacity against Empire (Lobot from Cloud City, for the lore?), etc. Give people an everyday reason to use a toon, not just because they need them high relic for a raid. People will invest in toons if they have a use, so give them more use.
  • Options
    plo koon needs to be reworked and they should add wolf ad some 104th troopers (one being a trooper with a jet pack) to go with him.

To go a step further, why are the only clones in game 501rst, cody, some rando with a minigun, and Bad batch? I wanna see hound, wolffe, Gregor (my favorite commando), some more 212th, gree, the list goes on… there’s so much 501rst bias everywhere and I don’t like anakin or obi-wan as both jedi and commanders, and I ESPECIALLY hate how much the 501rst were plastered on the walls of everything to do with the clone wars… seriously, when were they NOT involved in some major battle or important territory?
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Unfortunately, thinking cynically, this is also a very good reason for CG to not rework those characters. Why would they rework characters to encourage gear/relicing them when there’s already an incentive in TB platoons/CMs?

Money? More players? Maybe an actual use for new shard packs?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    MINI_S010 wrote: »
    Why saltwater though.

Kamino…

I don't think Kenobi needs a rework
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly I think adding clones with (some) synergy with jedi would be the best choice. Boosts two factions at once
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    and I ESPECIALLY hate how much the 501rst were plastered on the walls of everything to do with the clone wars… seriously, when were they NOT involved in some major battle or important territory?

Well, general skywalker was the main focus in CW. They just mostly followed him and the 212th around, occasionally running into other battalions and legions. Also, they hardly had any screen time in the movies, except when LV was going to kill the younglings, at leas compared to others.

Edit: something weird happened with the formatting here i’m not sure.
  • MINI_S010
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    and I ESPECIALLY hate how much the 501rst were plastered on the walls of everything to do with the clone wars… seriously, when were they NOT involved in some major battle or important territory?

Well, general skywalker was the main focus in CW. They just mostly followed him and the 212th around, occasionally running into other battalions and legions. Also, they hardly had any screen time in the movies, except when LV was going to kill the younglings, at leas compared to others.

Edit: something weird happened with the formatting here i’m not sure.

I’ve had that issue to… don’t worry about it… I just don’t like the 501rst as I said earlier, they do too much and even in comic and book material it’s all “anakin skywalker, anakin’s clone, skywalker, 501rst, clone legion in blue, etc.”… you have to dig HARD to find out more about what every other battalion was doing. This isn’t a game issue, just lazy fan writing on disney/lukasfilms’ end.

Edit: I just saw I said “anakin’s clone” and not cloneS”, but I’m gonna leave it for the sake of thinking that at some point vader and anakin’s jedi self threw hands and sabers…
  • Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Honestly I think adding clones with (some) synergy with jedi would be the best choice. Boosts two factions at once

Yes… but having 10 different versions of GAS is not a good thought… even though that is totally never gonna happen, he’s already really hecking powerful, I don’t want more 😖