Ahhh re run of the mando event?

0cwui0394kdk.jpg
Does this mean other marquee characters may get re runs?

Replies

• Options
    It's not a Marquee event: it's an entirely new event altogether, though I'm not sure why it says "this" (singular).

5 Tiers for each Mando Season 1 character.
    8n30rdoc00ih.png
    Hello there.
  • Tsfletch
    184 posts Member
    Options
    What sucks is that you can’t do the event if you have more than 50 shards already. It’s locked for me with that message even though I still have 3 chars that aren’t 7* yet. Just more of the usual **** from CG. 🤷‍♂️
  • YodasAdoy
    264 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    When did this event start? I don't remember ever seeing it.

Edit: NVM I see it's new
    Post edited by YodasAdoy on
  • Lumiya
    1491 posts Member
    Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    What sucks is that you can’t do the event if you have more than 50 shards already. It’s locked for me with that message even though I still have 3 chars that aren’t 7* yet. Just more of the usual **** from CG. 🤷‍♂️

Agreed, it would be nice to at least play the tiers of characters one has not at 7* yet.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Agreed, it would be nice to at least play the tiers of characters one has not at 7* yet.
    Of course it would be “nice”, but that’s not the intention of rerunning the marquees.

Rerunning marquees for newer players or returning players has been suggested many times on the forums and I think it’s a brilliant idea that they are doing this, but targeting it at people who obviously did not complete the event first time around. That’s exactly the sort of catch-up mechanic that people have been asking for.

If they reran all 5 Inquisitor Marquee events and anyone who hasn’t farmed them to 7* yet got to pick up another 50 shards for nothing, can’t you see how that would be received by the players who have farmed the 280 shards?

I have no problem with people getting a leg-up by getting the marquee rewards they missed out on first time around. I definitely have a problem with players who got the 50 shards first time around being handed another 50 shards for nothing.
  • Options
    That's the thing: it's not a Marquee event.
    Hello there.
  • Lumiya
    1491 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Of course it would be “nice”, but that’s not the intention of rerunning the marquees.

Rerunning marquees for newer players or returning players has been suggested many times on the forums and I think it’s a brilliant idea that they are doing this, but targeting it at people who obviously did not complete the event first time around. That’s exactly the sort of catch-up mechanic that people have been asking for.

If they reran all 5 Inquisitor Marquee events and anyone who hasn’t farmed them to 7* yet got to pick up another 50 shards for nothing, can’t you see how that would be received by the players who have farmed the 280 shards?

I have no problem with people getting a leg-up by getting the marquee rewards they missed out on first time around. I definitely have a problem with players who got the 50 shards first time around being handed another 50 shards for nothing.

I didn't get those shards the first time around...
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    They release character shards of characters people farmed every month in the daily login calendar. No one loses their mind.

This is small-minded crabs in a pot type thinking. “I had to do it the hard way so everyone else should suffer too” is toxic individualism at its finest. Maybe.. it should just be made better for everyone? Maybe if someone else gets it easier, instead of being jealous, you could be.. glad for them?

I’ll never understand this mentality.

• Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    They release character shards of characters people farmed every month in the daily login calendar. No one loses their mind.

This is small-minded crabs in a pot type thinking. “I had to do it the hard way so everyone else should suffer too” is toxic individualism at its finest. Maybe.. it should just be made better for everyone? Maybe if someone else gets it easier, instead of being jealous, you could be.. glad for them?

“Loses their mind”? “Toxic individualism”? “Jealous”? Calm down.

I already stated I’m perfectly happy for those who missed marquee events to get the 50 shards everyone else obtained at the time.

I’ll never understand anyone who puts the post they’re quoting beneath their reply, so there you go.

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options

I already stated I’m perfectly happy for those who missed marquee events to get the 50 shards everyone else obtained at the time.

I’ll never understand anyone who puts the post they’re quoting beneath their reply, so there you go.

Sounds like you need to take your own advice - after all, you’re the one who said you’d “definitely have a problem” with anyone getting a leg up on characters you already farmed to 7* (presumably, you would also get the shards as well, which would at least be SSC). But hey, you want to take it personally, your choice. I’m cool as a cucumber. 😎

Posted this one underneath, so you can “understand”. 😂

• Tsfletch
    184 posts Member
    Options

So in your mind accelerated chars are CG’s way of screwing you over personally if you farmed prior to their acceleration? That seems to be your mentality on this. Have you sent a heartfelt handwritten letter regarding how hurtful it was to you that they put the hyperdrive bundle on sale for half price? Does the mere thought of the hyperdrive bundle existing upset you? Back in the day I bought a 3* Dooku for $4.99, I would like to apologize to you for that. I feel terrible about it now so I hope you can forgive me. 🙏
  • Options
    So in your mind accelerated chars are CG’s way of screwing you over personally if you farmed prior to their acceleration? That seems to be your mentality on this. Have you sent a heartfelt handwritten letter regarding how hurtful it was to you that they put the hyperdrive bundle on sale for half price? Does the mere thought of the hyperdrive bundle existing upset you? Back in the day I bought a 3* Dooku for $4.99, I would like to apologize to you for that. I feel terrible about it now so I hope you can forgive me. 🙏
    I didn’t know what “strawman” arguments were until I read this. I have no problem with shard acceleration, hyperdrive bundles or your Dooku purchase. If you read my posts again you’ll see what I have a problem with.

Sounds like you need to take your own advice - after all, you’re the one who said you’d “definitely have a problem” with anyone getting a leg up on characters you already farmed to 7* (presumably, you would also get the shards as well, which would at least be SSC). But hey, you want to take it personally, your choice. I’m cool as a cucumber. 😎

And another strawman.

I did not say I “definitely had a problem with anyone getting a leg up on characters I already farmed to 7*” - you quoted my post so you should be able to see what I actually said, whether it’s above or below your contribution.
  • Options
    Just spotted the parenthesis in your post:
    (presumably, you would also get the shards as well, which would at least be SSC)
    Bear in mind the person I originally replied to said this:
    Based on their wish, I would not get the SSC.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    You know what? I missed that bit, so I was just taking your comment at face value, as it's all-too-common mentality in society at large (and therefore, some pockets of this community) that I find abhorrent..

So, I apologize.

I agree, if only players under 7* can run the event, and players with characters at 7* cannot also benefit, that's unfair.

I don't quite agree with "only players with under 50 shards" can run the event either - it should be one on the two following scenarios:

1) Players who 3 starred the original event are no longer eligible (which is usually the case when marquee events are rerun).

or

2) Everyone gets to rerun it, in which case everyone benefits, whether they're getting shard progress or SSC. Being this is CG, we all know this one will never happen, because it's too generous...

But again, I apologize for missing the context and responding as I did as a result.
    Just spotted the parenthesis in your post:
    (presumably, you would also get the shards as well, which would at least be SSC)
    Bear in mind the person I originally replied to said this:
    Based on their wish, I would not get the SSC.

• Tsfletch
    184 posts Member
    Options
    I didn’t know what “strawman” arguments were until I read this. I have no problem with shard acceleration, hyperdrive bundles or your Dooku purchase. If you read my posts again you’ll see what I have a problem with.

And another strawman.

I did not say I “definitely had a problem with anyone getting a leg up on characters I already farmed to 7*” - you quoted my post so you should be able to see what I actually said, whether it’s above or below your contribution.

You can try gaslighting your way out but your meaning was clear enough. Let’s talk about bonus drops. Pretty easy to get “handed 50 shards for nothing” during a bonus drop event, do you object to those when you already have the character 7*? If not what’s the difference between people getting them from this new event or a bonus drop?

• Options

And another strawman.

You can try gaslighting your way out but your meaning was clear enough. Let’s talk about bonus drops. Pretty easy to get “handed 50 shards for nothing” during a bonus drop event, do you object to those when you already have the character 7*? If not what’s the difference between people getting them from this new event or a bonus drop?
    Because during a bonus drop I can get the shards too. I think I made it pretty clear above that my objection is not towards people getting something I've already got.

You helped me learn what "strawman" means. You'll have to figure out what gaslighting means, because I'm not doing that.

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    The difference, as was just stated, is that everyone benefits from a bonus drop event.

If you already have a character at 7*, those bonus shards are converted to SSC, which is good for a lot of high-demand core/g12 gear.

And another strawman.

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    The term comes from the 1944 American film "Gaslight" (a remake of a previous film and play), in which a man uses lies and manipulation to convince his wife that she's mentally unwell (literally lighting a gas light and bumping around in the attic when she believes he's not home, and he tells her it's her imagination to convince her she's crazy), so he can steal from her. Basically, it's trying to manipulate someone else's perceptions to your own benefit.

You helped me learn what "strawman" means. You'll have to figure out what gaslighting means, because I'm not doing that.

• Options
    The term comes from the 1944 American film "Gaslight" (a remake of a previous film and play), in which a man uses lies and manipulation to convince his wife that she's mentally unwell (literally lighting a gas light and bumping around in the attic when she believes he's not home, and he tells her it's her imagination to convince her she's crazy), so he can steal from her. Basically, it's trying to manipulate someone else's perceptions to your own benefit.
    Yes, I am aware what Gaslighting means. My point is that Tsfletch needs to learn what it means, because if he's accusing me of doing it, he clearly doesn't know what it means. Indeed, he's the one stating with authority how I feel about other things, despite not having the first idea what I think about them.

I agree with the 2 options you posted above, should the devs choose to rerun Marquees regularly. Either it's exclusively for people who didn't play them first time around, or it's for everyone.

Any follow up theories about my dislike for double drops, bonus drops, calendar drops etc is not relevant, nor have they been accurate in this thread.
  • Options
    I believe that what a lot of people are feeling when you come across an event such as this, where you're progress in the game limits your actions, there's a sense of abandonment.

Whether you have the shards or not, you can't participate for your own self gratification or even strategize to help others in your guild.

This is the scenario with Proving Grounds as well!
    CG is saying you already have the shards and therefore are exempt from playing. But why?
    You can play assault battles over and over again, even if you have 3* the event!

I guess my point is the inconsistent levels CG is throwing at you. They need to get on the same page!
    At the very least, if you don't qualify for the event, CG shouldn't advertise for it!