Kylo Ren- will he be useful again?

Apoc
172 posts Member
I've been thinking about the patch coming up that will change things up quite a bit, and I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on the phasma/Kylo Ren side of things. With slower characters doing more damage. Kylo Ren may be a big component going forward. Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    I still use him. Dooku, Phasma, Kylo, Sid and 5s is a good option against high DPS hiding behind RG. Working on taking him to Gear IX, only 15 more to go.
  • Options
    Kylo has been seeing use again bc he counters Dooku. He keeps getting cooldowns recharged :) I'm sitting on 100 with Phasma, Kylo FOO, GS and SID. Phasma and Sid are the only 7* the rest are 4-5 right now. I'm going FO :3
  • Options
    I find him already useful so I think the patch will make him even better! or I hope so. With the addition of fortitude and Kylo's health pool as it is, I imagine him being a pain to kill especially with his counter ability.
    Inglorious Blasters I Guild Leader I 'We drink a lot of tea.'
  • Options
    Anyone bring Kylo up to gear 9 yet?

• Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I took mine to gear9, and should be 7* in 3 days, so I hope he gets relevant again
  • Options
    Nice, my 7 star Kylo is on the bench, used him for a while, he was good, but not the best arena option IMO

he is fun to play with though
  • Options
    I have to agree if the opponent doesn't run Dooku I use someone else other than Kylo. On defense though I put on Kylo and have not been pushed back for 2 days. Guess he's a hassle sometimes
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo Ren is one of the few aoe's that isn't that terrible against Dooku.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    kylo is like Yoda or Ventress, fun to play with but the AI isnt smart with them.
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    kylo is like Yoda or Ventress, fun to play with but the AI isnt smart with them.

That can be argued with any toon. Looking at healers who heal with a single character damaged who has immunity
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Against teams with Dooku his AI is all fine.
  • Options
    In a perfect world, all the characters should be useful. I hate that any characters are benched due to meta and other. There should be numerous synergies available to players to choose from, each offering different skills yet striking a balance with other equally levelled teams that also have good synergy. Let's hope the new meta gets us in that direction...
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I find him already useful so I think the patch will make him even better! or I hope so. With the addition of fortitude and Kylo's health pool as it is, I imagine him being a pain to kill especially with his counter ability.

I think you're right. I've been thinking about changing up my team quite a bit due to the patch. Kylo could very much become a big time character. We'll definitely have to see how much "fortitude" takes affect.
  • Options
    I ran a Phasma lead with Kylo, Sid, Lumi and Daka and would routinely take first, until the tiered speed change, it'd be nice to see them relevant again.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I ran a Phasma lead with Kylo, Sid, Lumi and Daka and would routinely take first, until the tiered speed change, it'd be nice to see them relevant again.

Individually, they still are. I run Phasma, Kylo, Sid, Lumi, Daka, 5s, QGJ, Rey and 86 with Dooku lead all the time, depending on the opponent squad. I also see RG, GS, FOTP, ST Han, 88, Assaj etc with Dooku on opposing teams. Diversity as never seen before as long as they all vote Dooku, haha!

Here's to hoping that the next meta will allow such diversity in the leadership slot!
  • PhilG1
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I've got Kylo 7* gear 9 and he's a beast if you put him in the right situation. I run him in arena with plasma (l) qgj poggle and ST Han and I can beat most top arena teams unless dooku lead teams get favorable rng. Droid teams with Poe also are a problem for this team but with the new changes coming up this team should get even stronger. Also does fairly well on defense
  • Jooba
    61 posts Member
    Options
    What PhilG1 said. I have Kylo just at 6* but G9, and he has crit for 15k before with his outrage ability. When the combat pass comes next week, I think he's gonna be even better.
  • Options
    Should I get him? I farmed 60/80 shards to get him... I don't know if I should go for him or for barris (for GW or maybe good leader ability when the update comes). Not sure... what do you say?
  • PhilG1
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Its hard to recommend anything before the update so I would say farm whichever characters you like and try to strategically farm toons that have good chemistry.

Right now I'm farming ig-88 in arena with hopes to eventually use him in combination with Vader and Sid but sounds good on paper don't know how it will actually play
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Should I get him? I farmed 60/80 shards to get him... I don't know if I should go for him or for barris (for GW or maybe good leader ability when the update comes). Not sure... what do you say?

It depends on what you're currently running. If you're about support and phasma. Then I say absolutely. If you're all about speed and damage burst. Then I'd probably say no, but with the patch coming up. If you're looking to run an offense/high HP team. Then I'm going to say yes. We'll see how much damage is effected with the patch.

• Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    I still use him. Dooku, Phasma, Kylo, Sid and 5s is a good option against high DPS hiding behind RG. Working on taking him to Gear IX, only 15 more to go.

YOOO! I use this exact team lmao. Been using it for about two months now, whip!
  • BastilaDhan
    163 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    PhilG1 wrote: »
    I've got Kylo 7* gear 9 and he's a beast if you put him in the right situation. I run him in arena with plasma (l) qgj poggle and ST Han and I can beat most top arena teams unless dooku lead teams get favorable rng. Droid teams with Poe also are a problem for this team but with the new changes coming up this team should get even stronger. Also does fairly well on defense

similar to my Arena except I have luminara Lead, I too beat most teams too so I currently sit in the top 50 with it :)
    Inglorious Blasters I Guild Leader I 'We drink a lot of tea.'
  • PhilG1
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    PhilG1 wrote: »

similar to my Arena except I have luminara Lead, I too beat most teams too so I currently sit in the top 50 with it :)

Nice! :)
  • Options
    Apoc wrote: »

It depends on what you're currently running. If you're about support and phasma. Then I say absolutely. If you're all about speed and damage burst. Then I'd probably say no, but with the patch coming up. If you're looking to run an offense/high HP team. Then I'm going to say yes. We'll see how much damage is effected with the patch.

I run Dooku (Leader), phasma, QGJ, Lumi, Sid.
  • Thelubricant
    75 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Matt and I think he will and is always awesome!3aabd751ac590a39a54efa48568cece7.jpg
    P.S. I'm Matt's buddy