Looking for advice for preparation for Conquest Sector 5

Prev1
Got past Sector 4 boss a few hours ago with Initial Tether and a ton of luck that culminated with ending with Massively Overpowered twice. Thank goodness.

I'd like to know whether or not it'll be possible to pass Sector 5 within the next 3 days. (My .gg account is here.) I only have 2 squads that are up for the challenge (maybe my Separatist squad could, but I haven't tested the waters with them and their health is outrageously low), and my level 70 Clone squad couldn't get past the first level, just to give an impression. Who should I attempt to gear and level up quickly? Planning to use Bastila lead (with Ezra, Jedi Knight Anakin, Mace, and Old Ben) for Miniboss, due to Force Bond potentially being useful, and Bossk lead (with Embo, Boba, Jango, and Mando) for Boss.

Is Soresu form + that one disk that gives you 200% defense initially a good combo? If so, should I take out Massively Overpowered or Booming Voice? I also have War of Attrition, though I'm not sure how I should use it.

Really want to pass Easy Mode this run.
Hello there.

Replies

• Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    Options
    Well...i dont think i ever played easy mode. What i can tell you is the teams i used to pass Medium and now Hard. Investing in them will surely help in EASY...if you close enough...
    REVAN (Revan, GK, GMY, Bastilla and Jolee)
    DARTH REVAN (Sith Empire team)
    PADME (ANakin, GK, the other two are debatable...GMY, Ashoka, C3PO...even Shaak ou Bariss)

For Hard i am using SEE as a "last resort"...but i dont really recommend it as it usually only provides ONE star...HOWEVER a GL is "needed" in Hard...or very good teams.

Other players suggest CLones or CLS...but i dont have them high enough, and can still break trough.
    (NOTE...i am NOT doing all the quests...need other teams for that)

• Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Well...i dont think i ever played easy mode. What i can tell you is the teams i used to pass Medium and now Hard. Investing in them will surely help in EASY...if you close enough...
    PADME (ANakin, GK, the other two are debatable...GMY, Ashoka, C3PO...even Shaak ou Bariss)

For Hard i am using SEE as a "last resort"...but i dont really recommend it as it usually only provides ONE star...HOWEVER a GL is "needed" in Hard...or very good teams.

Other players suggest CLones or CLS...but i dont have them high enough, and can still break trough.
    (NOTE...i am NOT doing all the quests...need other teams for that)

Lot of these are out of the question.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    Got completely trashed by the Tusken+Mando squad. Only other option is fighting an Inquisitor squad with 2 Zetas. Feel like Fortified and Soresu form are completely doing nothing.
    Hello there.
  • Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Lot of these are out of the question.
    Well...i would work on the Revan team as soon as possible...as i recall, it is the first step. I also used a Palpatine team for a while...still works lots of times. Palp Lead, Vader. Thraw...add two other empire...

• Options
    Doubt I'll be able to get Revan before next run of Conquest.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    Would it be possible then to get Trench shards entirely from buying from the Conquest store?

(Also, do first-time rewards in Normal Mode yield more Conquest Credits than Easy?)
    Hello there.
  • Options
    Soresu+fortified is my favorite combo at the moment. More defence from some other disks makes it better.
  • Options
    Would it be possible then to get Trench shards entirely from buying from the Conquest store?

(Also, do first-time rewards in Normal Mode yield more Conquest Credits than Easy?)

1. Trench is not in the conquest store yet (to my knowledge)
    2. Depends. You would have to grind the heck out of normal. You would prob get towards the end of east boxes, but not get any shards from the normal boxes. Easy doesn’t drop shards no matter what. After each easy batttle, you receive 5 conq creds while after normal u get 10. Also, along the track of rewards the normal are higher conq creds. in order to break even you would need to grind and grind normal.
    3. If u can, send you ally code or .GG and we can help more in depth
  • Options

1. Trench is not in the conquest store yet (to my knowledge)
    2. Depends. You would have to grind the heck out of normal. You would prob get towards the end of east boxes, but not get any shards from the normal boxes. Easy doesn’t drop shards no matter what. After each easy batttle, you receive 5 conq creds while after normal u get 10. Also, along the track of rewards the normal are higher conq creds. in order to break even you would need to grind and grind normal.
    3. If u can, send you ally code or .GG and we can help more in depth

Here.

But if he got added by the end of this volume (aka, the end of the next run), would it be possible?
    Hello there.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    You probably aren’t going to earn enough shards in Easy mode.

Your best bet in conquest is to really start focusing on building teams that are highly flexible in conquest. For me, this meant CLS, GG, DR/Malak, Traya/Trio, JKR, Padme…they don’t have to all by fully relic’d, but you need to get key toons on each team to relics.

Examples: my original CLS team was r7 CLS, r4 Han/Chewie, g11 Chewpio, and g10 Old Ben. I’ve since swapped out C3PO for Old Ben, but you can get a lot done in hard conquest with that team.

GG is r7, BB1 is r4, Magna is r3, B2 is g12 (was g10/11 until recently), g11 Nute.

JKR is r4, GMY is r3, JKA is r7, GK is r4, and JB/**** are g12.

My Sith are all r5 or higher, because SEE was my first GL grind.

I complete hard mode every conquest, usually chest 5.

There’s no shortcut, you just need to look at your farming plan (what GL you’re working towards), and then trying to fill out your roster with some key auxiliary teams around that. It’s going to take months, but eventually you’ll be able to start making it through normal, and the hard.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    *By shards I mean tickets to buy shards with
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and as previously mentioned, EP/Vader/Thrawn! That was actually my very first team good team and the one I was able to progress in conquest with, before I developed the others, and that was pre-MJ too. Would def add her as the fourth.

Here’s a tip: if the opposing squad is outrunning you, use raid Han as fifth with that lineup to stun the most dangerous unit on the opposing squad, and give your Vader or MJ a chance to get the TM train rolling.
  • Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Oh yeah and as previously mentioned, EP/Vader/Thrawn! That was actually my very first team good team and the one I was able to progress in conquest with, before I developed the others, and that was pre-MJ too. Would def add her as the fourth.

Here’s a tip: if the opposing squad is outrunning you, use raid Han as fifth with that lineup to stun the most dangerous unit on the opposing squad, and give your Vader or MJ a chance to get the TM train rolling.

I've been doing a team with Thrawn lead, with Palps, Vader, Tarkin, and Royal Guard. Not sure how much ability leveling I'm going to have to do for Mara Jade (at least the BH leveling will finish tomorrow) or what star level she'll be effective at (who knew I managed to hoard enough gear to get her to Gear Level 7).

Raid Han I have, but I haven't really been using him because of his atrociously low health. Unfortunately, all units outpace me, so one stun isn't really an option now. Wish I had CLS, but the difficulty spiked really unpredictably for that Tier.

Thank god I have Padme, though I was looking forward to also using GK (whom I don't have) with Anakin and Ahsoka. Also begs the question of who I should replace as my AOE Galactic Republic attacker on my Jedi squad. Traya I have 30/145 shards (was looking forward to buying 5 more this week, but Crystal count dropped really low). General Grievous is possible, but Gear scrap that needs 20 pieces halts that.

Also I barely have any Credits, so I'm trying (and often failing) to get through Sector 5 with only 2 good squads.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    2 days left to complete half a Sector. Assuming difficulty remains the same for all non-challenge and non-boss nodes (correct me if I'm wrong), I could possibly get past it to the Boss if I time the Stamina correctly.

Getting past the Boss is a whole other question, and I'm probably going to need Thrill of the Hunt to soak up the first few turns on that node. Whether or not it will appear is another question.
    Hello there.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    You'll get there. As mentioned in your other thread, don't work on all these teams at once. I didn't, and I'm only suggesting various possibilities for good teams to aim for, but not all at once. Stagger getting one team to the minimum functional level, then work on getting another team up, and so on. Like I said, I still have purple/gold gear units on pretty much all but some Sith and Empire squads. My first relic unit was Darth Vader for my EP squad, and if you're going in the Sith/Empire direction, that would be a great place to start.

And use EP lead, not Thrawn lead. All you have to do is get the TM train rolling, and you can outrun opponents. That goes a LOT further at low gear, than trying to just tank the hits.
  • Options
    You'll get there. As mentioned in your other thread, don't work on all these teams at once. I didn't, and I'm only suggesting various possibilities for good teams to aim for, but not all at once. Stagger getting one team to the minimum functional level, then work on getting another team up, and so on. Like I said, I still have purple/gold gear units on pretty much all but some Sith and Empire squads. My first relic unit was Darth Vader for my EP squad, and if you're going in the Sith/Empire direction, that would be a great place to start.

And use EP lead, not Thrawn lead. All you have to do is get the TM train rolling, and you can outrun opponents. That goes a LOT further at low gear, than trying to just tank the hits.

So should I replace Tarkin or Royal Guard with Mara Jade?
    Hello there.
  • Options

I've been doing a team with Thrawn lead, with Palps, Vader, Tarkin, and Royal Guard. Not sure how much ability leveling I'm going to have to do for Mara Jade (at least the BH leveling will finish tomorrow) or what star level she'll be effective at (who knew I managed to hoard enough gear to get her to Gear Level 7).

If she is not good enough, try piett. you can force an undespellable debuff on rg to make him essentially “taunt”. when he dies, piett will get bonuses. he can also inflict fear, which is a deadly mechanic.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Given your current gear levels, RG is essentially doing nothing for you as a tank. Tarkin is probably better for the extra debuffs (=extra TM under EP lead), and TM removal. Plus, if you get his potency really high, he's actually fairly tanky himself.

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Piett is great, but they don't have him unlocked, and the fear capability requires a zeta.

If she is not good enough, try piett. you can force an undespellable debuff on rg to make him essentially “taunt”. when he dies, piett will get bonuses. he can also inflict fear, which is a deadly mechanic.

• Options
    Does True Defense (the BH Mechanic Tech) count as a buff? If so, I'll be starting the battle with 5 Massively Overpowered effects...
    Hello there.
  • Options
    Given your current gear levels, RG is essentially doing nothing for you as a tank. Tarkin is probably better for the extra debuffs (=extra TM under EP lead), and TM removal. Plus, if you get his potency really high, he's actually fairly tanky himself.

Think I'll put some Speed Mods on him for an extreme finisher.
    Hello there.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Speed/Potency

Edit: specifically potency sets with good speed/potency secondaries, potency cross, and speed arrow.
  • Options
    Does True Defense (the BH Mechanic Tech) count as a buff? If so, I'll be starting the battle with 5 Massively Overpowered effects...

Additional question: will I face Second Sister in that battle? Other than everyone being defeated, a Stun could ruin everything.
    Hello there.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    To you other questions:

If the team comps are the same, yes on 2nd Sister.

I don’t know about True Defense but my guess would be it counts as a buff.
  • StickSurfer
    297 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I CHEESED THE SECTOR 5 BOSS IN LIKE A MINUTE WITH 50% STAMINA UNITS LMAO.

True Defense does count as a buff huh. Wonder how I still fulfilled Bossk’s payout when every Inquisitor basically got one-shotted.

Normal Mode, here I come.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    caption.gif
    Hello there.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Cheers!!
  • Options
    You need to be finishing off 7 starring characters. I guess you bought the hdb to be level 85 with that roster?

I started a new account on 20th December to see what the new player experience was like. I spent money (US$10?) to get some crystals to get a 7 star character immediately, but that turned out to be Bhodi Rook, and really only jumped me ahead by 2 weeks of being able to get raid rewards from the guild I was able to join (80M gp guild, no heroic sith, no cpit). So at the rate they were gaining tickets, only a few raids. Wish I'd kept my money.

I'm level 80 now on day 70. I had CLS unlocked on day 57 at level 70ish. I aimed for CLS because that was the first journey guide character I unlocked on my main 5 years ago, which took me a year to do. So I'd also completed the R2-D2 journey and Palp (to get R2) journey at that point.

I have Palp, R2, OG rebels, a bunch of troopers, and a few others at 7 stars. I think the big problem for hdb players is they also skip learning how to play and manage resources. When you get all that gear in a giant lump, it is really easy to squander it.

Aim for completing journey guide stuff. With some focus you can start to get more key characters. And you can only complete journeys with 7 star characters.
  • Options
    You need to be finishing off 7 starring characters. I guess you bought the hdb to be level 85 with that roster?

I started a new account on 20th December to see what the new player experience was like. I spent money (US$10?) to get some crystals to get a 7 star character immediately, but that turned out to be Bhodi Rook, and really only jumped me ahead by 2 weeks of being able to get raid rewards from the guild I was able to join (80M gp guild, no heroic sith, no cpit). So at the rate they were gaining tickets, only a few raids. Wish I'd kept my money.

I'm level 80 now on day 70. I had CLS unlocked on day 57 at level 70ish. I aimed for CLS because that was the first journey guide character I unlocked on my main 5 years ago, which took me a year to do. So I'd also completed the R2-D2 journey and Palp (to get R2) journey at that point.

I have Palp, R2, OG rebels, a bunch of troopers, and a few others at 7 stars. I think the big problem for hdb players is they also skip learning how to play and manage resources. When you get all that gear in a giant lump, it is really easy to squander it.

Aim for completing journey guide stuff. With some focus you can start to get more key characters. And you can only complete journeys with 7 star characters.

Actually, I got there with 6 months of hard work. I do have a lot of characters that I could get to 7-stars if I had the Credits for them. Unfortunately, a lot of that is spent on leveling (for instance, I spent 3mil from today's Credit Heist's 5mil to level characters for Conquest).
    Hello there.
  • Options
    Cheers!!

Thanks! Once my currency has recovered from its recent massive blows, I'll pick up the Empire Turn Meter Train of Pain.
    Hello there.