Thank You Thank You Thank You for banning cheaters.

I realize no process is perfect, yet I also see cheating way too often in this game. It's so common I considered quitting solely because the game main income is GAC, and it's the easiest mode to cheat. I felt like CG just didn't care.

Seeing an effort to stop cheating is very encouraging.

Thank you CG.

Replies

• Options
    Have you actually met a cheater yet, though?
  • V1p3rdyn4styy
    79 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I have many times. They’ve all been posted on SigSig’s cheating server. Some of the top players in the game look over the information provided there. It’s been determined that all those that ì reported, have been verified as cheaters.
  • Options

I have many times. They’ve all been posted on SigSig’s cheating server. Some of the top players in the game look over the information provided there. It’s been determined that all those that ì reported, have been verified as cheaters.
    I’m aware.

But there are some forumers who claim they have met a cheater almost every GAC, yet are unable to point to any suspicious battles when asked to do so.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve been lucky that I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a cheater who’s done so directly in a GAC match with me. I scout every opponent thoroughly and have never seen anything suspicious.

However, as these recent bans have shown, a lot (clearly not all) of cheaters must be wise to swgoh.gg history, and have been cheating in PvE game modes to gain an advantage that way.

I bet we’ve all faced cheaters like this, blissfully unawares…

I’m aware.

But there are some forumers who claim they have met a cheater almost every GAC, yet are unable to point to any suspicious battles when asked to do so.

• Options
    there are some forumers who claim they have met a cheater almost every GAC, yet are unable to point to any suspicious battles when asked to do so.

yeah, as far as I know I've never been matched against a cheater, though since I almost never bother to check the GAC history of anyone I fight (or even of my own battles after the fact) it would be pretty easy to get away with cheating against me.

That said, I still win half my battles without any real difficulty and rarely does anyone get a full clear against me (which I think that they would if they were cheating) so... they're probably not THAT common.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    You’re in Kyber, right? I would guess that most cheaters who’ve made it that far, are extremely circumspect about avoiding obvious tells. Or maybe they don’t cheat anymore, but they did months or years ago, in order to get their account to that level in the first place.

That said, I still win half my battles without any real difficulty and rarely does anyone get a full clear against me (which I think that they would if they were cheating) so... they're probably not THAT common.

• Options
    You’re in Kyber, right?

Yes.
    Or maybe they don’t cheat anymore, but they did months or years ago, in order to get their account to that level in the first place.

Maybe. Cheating isn't a subject I really know anything about. I mean, I'm glad they're banning cheaters, but how common they are and how they're doing it and all that -- it's just not a topic on which I've ever bothered to educate myself.
  • Options
    Sometimes its not cheating. Its the gaming chairs.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I think Bilbo’s 111th birthday speech could probably be revamped to this situation.

Something like, “it’s more than we realize but less than we assume” lol.
  • Options
    Im just eating my popcorn and watching all these cheaters cry on the forum, its absolutely hilarious
  • Options
    You’re in Kyber, right?

Yes.
    Or maybe they don’t cheat anymore, but they did months or years ago, in order to get their account to that level in the first place.

Maybe. Cheating isn't a subject I really know anything about. I mean, I'm glad they're banning cheaters, but how common they are and how they're doing it and all that -- it's just not a topic on which I've ever bothered to educate myself.

I’m with you M. Seedy. Life’s too short to research nitwits who cheat on a mobile game - which the only possible outcome of cheating on is to demonstrate their own inadequacies. I think we give these no marks too much air time. Leave CGs countermeasures to it and talk about fun stuff
  • Shmoopyz
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Same. GJ CG. :)