Google play games login

I have installed the game on my wifes tablet samsung android version 4.4.2 think its a tab 3 or 4. i launch the game fine but when i try to log it into her google play games account it refuses to log her in a pop up shows saying res/drawable-hdpi-v4/app_icon.png then it loads the guest game, i searched the forum and found an old post about it with a few different fixes which say its a problem with new version of google play games but none of the fixes work, she had been playing fine for day until now and nothing i do seems to work
any help would be great thanks

Replies

• Options
    When you log into the guest's game have you tried going into the options at the top left and try to sign-in through the game settings?
  • Options
    yes thats what i am doing it gives that pop up and continues as the guest account
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Log into Google play games first (from the play app, not from in game). Then open star wars and try logging in.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    i have done that too in my games the game does not show in the list either tried logging into play app / installing older version of play games clearing data etc nothing is working
  • Options
    Keenzo wrote: »
    yes thats what i am doing it gives that pop up and continues as the guest account

My bad, I thought you were trying to login from Google Play and that was happening. What the guy above said.
  • Options
    My bad, I thought you were trying to login from Google Play and that was happening. What the guy above said.

no m8 its the game which is giving this pop up / error

• Options
    got it fixed eventually, uninstalled all updates for any google , uninstalled the game , restarted the tablet, left it a while then re-installed the game and it directed me to install updates then logged in fine.. must have been a bad update from google somewhere
    thanks though hope this helps someone else