Bad Batch S2:E13

LordDirt
5029 posts Member
edited March 2023
They follow up a great episode with one of the biggest filler episodes. What a waste of time for a bunch of nothing to happen.
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Replies

• Franke
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Im very dissapointed at bb s2, wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Just a bunch if random quests. Had high hopes for this season
  • Options
    It wasn't terrible but it should have been the episode telling what happened to Cody. I think that would have been a more interesting filler episode.
  • Options
    They are running out of time to make something happen
  • Options
    I don’t think this episode was filler. If they just left at the end of the episode, yeah I’d agree, but clearly Pabu is going to play a large part in the next couple episodes. The main problem with the bad batch so far is the weekly releases. If we had the full picture, we wouldn’t judge it so harshly.
  • WiseJedi
    218 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Yes, the quality of this show can't reach The Mandalorian or Andor but even those shows can show some kind of "filler" episodes but BB doesn't have to hide fom us. We, this great Star Wars community, enjoy every SW content as good as possible. I liked this episode due to the fresh setting, the different kind of a threat, here it's a nature catastrophe which reminds me of last RL experience like the Turkey earthquake and allows us to connect them with each other. It comes familar and yet the character show more deep development in their character and reasons how they "see" the world and how they care at each other.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    This is very much a "ME" opinion here, but I'm sure others may agree.

I did not like the introduction of the BB characters in the final season of the Clone Wars.
    I thought they were too cartoon-like, rag-tag group of misfits. Clones are clones - they are identical, that's what "clone" means. Thats what was good about the sense of individuality each clone achieved during the CW.

The BB on the other hand are all different because they were made different - which takes away what they are essentially as being "clones", and dont get me started on a female clone - Omega. The Base genetic template for the clones is Jango - he was a dude. Again, Omega was "made different" which isnt what a "clone" is. But I digress.

BB was going to continue the story of the CW right into the early fledgling years of the Empire - an era we had not already seen yet, so that was exciting to see the transition from Clone Trooper to Stormtrooper and see all the ships and tech advance as well, into the beloved OT era.

S1E1 was great - then it quickly died for me. This show has had a couple of interesting episodes to date, but nothing that really blows my skirt up. Its overall boring and really drags its feet. I fall asleep when I try to watch it. I'm a Star Wars fan since the beginning and I feel like I need to watch them all for myself - but its a chore.

I hope S3 can turn a corner - why is Omega so important, is she force sensitive? has that been established?

Where does this series ultimately lead to? Where are the BB going forward in the timeline, we do not seem to see them again, so what is the overall point of this story anyways?
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

I hope S3 can turn a corner - why is Omega so important, is she force sensitive? has that been established?

Omega points to cloning for Palpatine/Snoke.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

As much as I am disappointed these shows are on path to further verify the awful sequles, why Omega - there are hundreds of clones left. What is so special about her?

I guess that the show has indicated that she, specifically, is important, it will explain why. I'd hope anyway.

The Empire doesnt seem to be much further ahead, come their need for Grogu in the Mandolorian, which is set 5 years after the collapse of the Empire.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

As much as I am disappointed these shows are on path to further verify the awful sequles, why Omega - there are hundreds of clones left. What is so special about her?

I guess that the show has indicated that she, specifically, is important, it will explain why. I'd hope anyway.

The Empire doesnt seem to be much further ahead, come their need for Grogu in the Mandolorian, which is set 5 years after the collapse of the Empire.

• Options
    Thought they had said Omega was Boba's " True Sister" as a true genetic clone of Jango
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Thought they had said Omega was Boba's " True Sister" as a true genetic clone of Jango

Well, his genetics are hardwired as "male" not "female"; and "clone" means "identical."

That's why I simply do not understand these "altered clones" as "clones", because then they are neither technically "identical" or indeed, "clones".

All Republic clones are genetically identical to Jango - they just have their growth "accelerated."
  • Options

Well, his genetics are hardwired as "male" not "female"; and "clone" means "identical."

That's why I simply do not understand these "altered clones" as "clones", because then they are neither technically "identical" or indeed, "clones".

All Republic clones are genetically identical to Jango - they just have their growth "accelerated."

Idk it’s weird but I’ll try to explain it the best I can. The clones are clones of Jango Fett, but they have different things programmed into them such as obedience, the chips and age acceleration. Omega on the other hand has none of this. The only difference between her and Jango Fett is that she was made female for whatever reason. So if the Kaminoans has her DNA, they’d have Jangos DNA. They didn’t really explain it that well in the show and it doesn’t make much sense, but that’s the best explanation I can really give.