Petition to remove Galactic Legends from the game

therealyoda
posts Member
edited March 2023
Hello players,
Honestly talking, I'm not totally against Galactic Legends, but I do not agree about the fact that Jabba the Hutt or Kylo Ren supreme leader are greater characters than Yoda, or Vader, which are, I think, the most powerful in the movies, and also in the expanded universe of Star Wars.
So, I'm starting a petition to make the Galactic Legends less powerful in the game, and particularly reducing the impact of Supreme charge and their crazy high speed, which is unplayable.
Join me in the force, and bring peace in the holotables!
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    No thanks, keep them in the game.
  • Options
    It's a no from me, dog.
  • Options
    The ones they have are pretty unarguably the most powerful and some of the most iconic in the film franchise. That said I agree that Yoda should be up there GMY isn’t really strong enough comparatively IMO, but problem there is we already have 2 Jedi GLs. Maybe Force Ghost Yoda for the next conquest unit as a lifter for JML? Probably be too close to Hoda to work though, or an omicron to make GMYs leadership worthwhile?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Lore is irrelevant in swgoh
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Which yoda, which vader? I'm not sure there are teams of Hans and Chewies in sw battling other Hans and Chewies.
  • Options
    I'm against this petition, but I would prefer if relative strength of characters was closer to the lore. That said, I do not know how to achieve it in swgoh.
  • Options
    Georgee wrote: »
    I'm against this petition, but I would prefer if relative strength of characters was closer to the lore. That said, I do not know how to achieve it in swgoh.
    TVF wrote: »
    Lore is irrelevant in swgoh
  • Options
    Georgee wrote: »

I felt the same about the lore for a while but I've since changed my mind for balance purposes only. If the characters were lore correct in power then nobody would ever farm a Tusken farmer because we'd know they would be weak and largely useless. However, if they released Darth Bane everyone would farm them because they're certain to be super powerful.

Add that to the point of this thread and remove GL farming nobody would ever touch 90% of the characters in the game. If you don't need Cody for JMK it would be a total waste to farm him when you could just build Vader, Yoda, Kenobi, Revan, and Sidious.
  • Options
    Why mention vader? He has a GL varient.

As others said yoda would be a hard one to make a GL as we have 2 jedi ones already.
    Maybe they do a high repiblic or jedi counsle version? But that wouldnt look that different from current yoda i think to make a significant noticeabe differnece between them
  • Options
    Remember the riot just a month ago when they nerf'ed Traya's omicron (and actually refunded all the mats)? That times 1000, is what would happen if GL's were to be significantly nerf'ed.

I mean, think it through, man.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I'm totally fine sacrificing lore for game balance purpose.

But OP's idea is still worth discussing. Let's take a step back and think of a SWGOH without GL type of characters. Would it make PvP more interesting? Would it cause less frustration for players banging their heads against a wall of characters, which have only very limited counters? Would it reduce complains about matchups with players with way more GLs?

I can imagine it would be much more possible to full clear the board in GAC and TW. And win-loss will be way more dependent on player efficiency (skill?) Would it be more fun?

CG will unlikely going down that route. But you can't deny it is an interesting idea.
  • Options
    Nah thanks. If you wanna make prime versions of characters in such a way where it’s really difficult to get them, they should be the best. My only ask would be that it’s always the prime version of these characters, in keeping with JMK, LV, JML, SLKR and so on. I would never want to see a version of a character that wasn’t the peak of their power. Besides, if we’re talking about the power of characters in terms of whether they deserve to be a GL in comparison with their power in the universe, I don’t think any of the current GL’s wouldn’t be established legends. Hell, Kenobi would probably be the least well known. Just cause Yoda would batter Jabba, Rey or Kylo doesn’t mean they aren’t legends. Han became a legend, and he wasn’t exactly squaring up with the likes of Vader
  • Options
    How about No, crazy dutchman.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    No.
    While I do sympathise with the desire to have a more accurate Star Wars representation in the game, your solution would not solve anything.
    As the game currently stands, Enfys Nest is a better in-game character than any version of Leia that we have. Jawas are actually good in a fight. And Imperial Troopers can actually shoot straight. All of this and more is disappointing if you want an accurate Star Wars game.
    And I do honestly share your disappointment about that. I would LOVE to have a version of Leia that is not only as good as but much better than Enfys Nest. I would love my Rebels to tear through the ranks of Imperial Troopers as I so enjoyed seeing on screen when I was a child.
    But that is not this game.
    Unfortunately.
    And while it would be nice to getting back to the heroes and villains we love, removing the heroes and villains that players have spent months working for is not the solution. What on Earth do you imagine would be the reaction if CG suddenly announced that those characters people spent so long putting together would now be removed just because it's not accurate to Star Wars to have Jabba the Hutt kill Leia instead of vice-versa?
    Given the nature of the game they have crafted, we have no choice put to accept the inaccuracies and sacrifices made in order to get the franchise to fit the game they have designed. This is always the way with computer game adaptations. I do accept that this particular game is more egregious than others in many areas and I'm not happy with it. But it is a necessary price to pay.
    I just wish they wouldn't keep making it worse.
  • Options
    Just no
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »

But OP's idea is still worth discussing. Let's take a step back and think of a SWGOH without GL type of characters. Would it make PvP more interesting? Would it cause less frustration for players banging their heads against a wall of characters, which have only very limited counters? Would it reduce complains about matchups with players with way more GLs?

I can imagine it would be much more possible to full clear the board in GAC and TW. And win-loss will be way more dependent on player efficiency (skill?) Would it be more fun?

CG will unlikely going down that route. But you can't deny it is an interesting idea.

While I agree it's an interesting topic to think about (whether such a drastic jump in power creep was "good for the game" or designing themselves into a corner), I disagree that it's really "worth discussing" any more. The timing for such a discussion would have been more apt in 2020 when the first GLs were coming out. Not so much three years in, when we're locked into that path. Now it's about as pointless a discussion topic as "what if mods were eliminated?" or "let's get rid of ships". There is a zero % chance of these changes being enacted so why even waste our time/energy on them?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Let's add land vehicle battles.
  • Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    No.

I just wish they wouldn't keep making it worse.

This and this.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    E3P0 wrote: »

While I agree it's an interesting topic to think about (whether such a drastic jump in power creep was "good for the game" or designing themselves into a corner), I disagree that it's really "worth discussing" any more. The timing for such a discussion would have been more apt in 2020 when the first GLs were coming out. Not so much three years in, when we're locked into that path. Now it's about as pointless a discussion topic as "what if mods were eliminated?" or "let's get rid of ships". There is a zero % chance of these changes being enacted so why even waste our time/energy on them?

Yes, you are right. We are not gonna get rid of the GLs anymore. But what about excluding them from PvP game modes temporarily? A special GAC/TW season completely forbid the usage of GLs as an event could be interesting.
  • Options
    E3P0 wrote: »

Yes, you are right. We are not gonna get rid of the GLs anymore. But what about excluding them from PvP game modes temporarily? A special GAC/TW season completely forbid the usage of GLs as an event could be interesting.

Also pass. I want to use what I've worked on. Not put me at the same level as those that haven't
  • Options
    Dream on…
  • Options

A special GAC/TW season completely forbid the usage of GLs as an event could be interesting.

I predict that would go over like a lead balloon. Pitchforks and such..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    A special GAC/TW season completely forbid the usage of GLs as an event could be interesting.

Or instead of forbiding GLs, lifting a few units to GL power. Could be limited to a few seasons, then other units will take the spot. It could even be permanent, but limited to certain game modes for instance.

Na, it won’t happen, there is a no way CG will find a way to monetize that.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    While I do understand your sentiment, I am sorry to say no.
    People worked hard on their GLs and if they would be nerfed, you can bet that most of them would not be thrilled with it.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Hello players,
    Honestly talking, I'm not totally against Galactic Legends, but I do not agree about the fact that Jabba the Hutt or Kylo Ren supreme leader are greater characters than Yoda, or Vader, which are, I think, the most powerful in the movies, and also in the expanded universe of Star Wars.
    So, I'm starting a petition to make the Galactic Legends less powerful in the game, and particularly reducing the impact of Supreme charge and their crazy high speed, which is unplayable.
    Join me in the force, and bring peace in the holotables!

No.
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • Options
    Ok boomer
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Just get your own GLs and enjoy the game for what it is. An go back to the movies and shows and other things for lore. (I might start on the Darth Vader comics soon myself.)