Time Settings Issue

The clocks just went forward an hour in the UK and my in game time settings are no longer as desired.
The time setting was configured to reset at 23:00 and it still shows that in the time settings menu when I review in the game. If I look at my store refreshes I can see that it's now jumped forward an hour (refresh at midnight etc).

I'm guessing I have to now tell the time setting to reset at 22:00 because the time setting menu is already configured for 23:00 but clearly isn't doing that following the clock change.

The only reason I haven't tried that yet is in case the game corrects automatically at some point. The screenshot shows my in game time settings - this is how I want it to be set. As I say, now that the clocks went forward an hour it looks like my only choice is to tell it to go back to 22:00. Then when it adds the extra hour that should equate to 23:00. Is this what other people do or can I wait for it to sort itself out?

d4j1kpnz64v5.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Wait for next reset before you apply any new changes
  • Options
    When you say next reset you're meaning I should wait till tomorrow after it's ticked over? Sorry if that is stating the obvious but way back somebody had told me I had to wait for the clocks to go back an hour which is forever away xD
  • Options
    The game does not add an extra hour. It never has and never will. If you want your arena payout times and daily refresh times to remain consistent, you will need to change the daily reset to 2200.
  • Options
    I thought that was probably the case. I'd hoped that it would recognise the daylight saving time change and let me set '23:00' as the desired time so the in game setting actually reflects the real world time.
  • Options
    I thought that was probably the case. I'd hoped that it would recognise the daylight saving time change and let me set '23:00' as the desired time so the in game setting actually reflects the real world time.
    But how could a global game do this consistently when time changes happen at different points in the calendar in different countries - and doesn’t happen at all in some countries?
  • Options
    But how could a global game do this consistently when time changes happen at different points in the calendar in different countries - and doesn’t happen at all in some countries?

My bank manages to do it :D - It doesn't seem an insurmountable problem, plenty of global platforms handle this. Many make the change for you and you get a notification to say your time will be updated at 'x o'clock' on the day of change. They could at least code the time setting menu to recognise the change in your time zone so your choice of reset time actually reflects real world time. Having to ask the game to reset at 22:00 which then translates to 23:00 seems silly.

I appreciate it is an issue that needs managing but vast numbers of businesses are doing this so it can be done. It just feels odd that global finance (to pick one example) manages to handle these changes without generating problems but the game can't manage to do so. :D
  • Options

My bank manages to do it :D - It doesn't seem an insurmountable problem, plenty of global platforms handle this. Many make the change for you and you get a notification to say your time will be updated at 'x o'clock' on the day of change. They could at least code the time setting menu to recognise the change in your time zone so your choice of reset time actually reflects real world time. Having to ask the game to reset at 22:00 which then translates to 23:00 seems silly.

I appreciate it is an issue that needs managing but vast numbers of businesses are doing this so it can be done. It just feels odd that global finance (to pick one example) manages to handle these changes without generating problems but the game can't manage to do so. :D
    The squad arena system and fleet arena system are different from what your bank and other business are dealing with. There are players from all across the globe in those arenas who are subject to time changes at different calendar points or as I said don’t experience time changes at all. Your bank changing the time for you doesn’t have to consider the impact of that change on other people.

I would not be happy if 3 guys who are US based suddenly had the same fleet arena payout time as me because their clocks had changed and mine hadn’t. That might not be something that bothers you but there are definitely chunks of the player base who would not be happy with that.

A global game needs to use UTC for timings. Just be thankful they implemented the time change feature. For years players had to get by without it.
  • Options
    Greatful for this thread, legit every time the clock changes in the UK left in a panic.
  • Options
    Have you ever wondered what a headache time measurement would be in a galaxy-wide republic? With relativity, different planetary geometries, different interstellar technologies and cultural and linguistic differences - even settling on a universal time metric would be a likely cause for war. Thankfully we just have a few time zones to worry about - plus the legacy of an Empire that gave us the Greenwich meridian
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I have a problem changing my refresh time back to what it was. Let me explain what happens.
    I open time settings, I see this
    11pm is my current refresh time, was 10pm before clocks changed. I have 1 change remaining. All good so far.

The "selected" time when I open the drop-down is 10pm. This is already wrong, should be 11pm. I select something else, then go back to 10pm, where I want it, click confirm there.

Right time is showing but confirm button is disabled, as if I had the same time set as I had before.
    If I select either 11pm or 9pm the green confirm button lights up, but not when I select 10pm, which is where I want it.

Edit: screenshots had player id

Post edited by Zumwan on
  • Wed_Santa
    972 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    First off please edit out your player ID - that’s giving people too much info

It’s correct that the confirm button should grey out once you’ve changed time for the last of your 2 changes. So if working as intended you should see a sequence like this:
    Click on new time
    Select from the pop up list
    Hit confirm
    Another pop up to check - hit confirm again to restart game
    Once restarted you should be at the correct time. If you’re not, send in a big report

And don’t forget to crop out your ID!

*bug report