Using Ben Solo without Rey

With a new Grand Arena approaching, I have a Ben Solo with all his zetas but none of his omicrons, and no GL Rey. In that situation, how are folks using him? With a classic JTR/Resistance Heroes squad? With a Zorii squad? As a light side unaligned force user with Cera or Starkiller? Something else?

Replies

• Options
    Due to my UFU being low gear (except for SK team) and my resistance sucking as well, I use him alongside JTR as my standard resistance crew
    Also, having him at low gear helps me with cheesing lol
  • LordDirt
    5185 posts Member
    Options
    Need JTR as lead
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • VonThirstenburg
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I pretty much just throw him in with my meh JTR Resistance toons, and even though aside from JTR at r7 and Vet Han at r3, the others are g12 (BB-8 & Finn) and Swolo's a g10 or 11 they're pretty good at cleaning up some niche teams and sometimes winning outright as a first option.

The AI plays dumb and will often just key on Swolo, which gives the others ample opportunity to do what they do. I think in the first round of this week's GAC, I ended up in a pretty ugly defensive battle and ended up having to gamble to take out an opponent's oQGJ team but without any of my usual counters for it available.

I was able to take out QGJ with Padme and some underwhelming GR leftovers, and didn't have many options for clearing the all-r7 JKA, Shaak, Mace and KAM that were left.

Through in the JTR team for the heck of it, and even though it got dicey and my BB-8 was hanging by a thread, they not only cleared them but got me exactly enough to snag the win by one point.

Might not light the world on fire without Rey, but he definitely impacts the AI's ability to not go full dumb-dumb in who it decides to attack. 😁