Bad Batch S3E15&16 Summit 99 (Spoilers)

Haven't watched E16 yet, so will update after.

E15, is a good setup to what I think will be a good finale. I don't want someone to die, but I think it will be a bigger hook for the next season. My guess would be Tech who sacrifices himself to save the group.
I was surprised to see Krennic there, but easy way to get his character back into SW.
The twist of Saw showing up to throw a wrench in the plans worked for me, but how old is that man?? He seems be very age all at once

Replies

• Options
    i think something happened to him to make him appear to age faster like sidious
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    Two fantastic episodes. They did a wonderful job of building to and through the emotional moments.
  • Options
    True, but i wish it didn’t end that way
  • Options
    RIP tech. but i don’t think he’s dead at the same time
  • flux_rono
    2125 posts Member
    Options

I have similar thoughts, no body = not actually dead
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

I have similar thoughts, no body = not actually dead
    Ya, and i feel like his goggles wouldn’t have been recoverable if that thing actually landed on him, at least not in that condition.
  • Options
    I could see them taking him in with crosshair and other clones for experimentation
  • flux_rono
    2125 posts Member
    Options
    I could see them taking him in with crosshair and other clones for experimentation

again same thought. I imagine omega learning about him on the planet sometime next season and trying to figure out how to save him or just see him. maybe a mid-season thing of her rescuing him, while hunter and crew comes and finds them finally
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine, Maul, Obi-wan, Ben Solo, etc have all survived falling in SW.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Finally watched ep 16, not saying I called it but RIP Tech for now. I think it will be a case of no body = not dead, he probably got picked up by Saws crew and is recovering but it was a well done scene. I'm glad they spent the extra money on the animation cause it was looking crisp! These were great episodes to end on.

I wonder if next season will have a time skip. Experiments take a long time and it would be a way for the crew to heal and find leads.

Overall I don't think it was a great season, there still is no clear story, which I guess make sense cause they don't know what they're doing themselves, but it is hurting the story IMO. They could have at least threw out they were going to find jedi (Kannan) or a way to deactivate the chips to try to free clones. Something would help give us an idea of what to expect.
  • Options
    before saul took off his helmet i thought it was ezra and kannan, but i’m off on my timeline
  • Options
    before saul took off his helmet i thought it was ezra and kannan, but i’m off on my timeline
    Thats fair. It is hard to keep track of
  • Options
    I really enjoyed this season tbh. I’ve genuinely been more excited for it than Mando or any of the other shows. Still think Andor is better, but Bad Batch is definitely going to get good next season. Can’t wait.
  • Options
    Crosshair wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this season tbh. I’ve genuinely been more excited for it than Mando or any of the other shows. Still think Andor is better, but Bad Batch is definitely going to get good next season. Can’t wait.

It needed more structure to me, like Rebels or Clone Wars, even the filler episodes
    usually added something.
    It has the potential for a good next season, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
  • Options

It needed more structure to me, like Rebels or Clone Wars, even the filler episodes
    usually added something.
    It has the potential for a good next season, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Yeah, I get why it can be annoying. I personally enjoyed most of the episodes, (10 and 5 were pretty underwhelming), but it is pretty annoying when you go from one of the best episodes of Star Wars animation to treasure hunting. However, I do get why it’s structured like that because we’re meant to hate **** at the end of the season so I guess those episodes were necessary to that plot.
  • Crosshair
    71 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

usually added something.

Yeah, I get why it can be annoying. I personally enjoyed most of the episodes, (10 and 5 were pretty underwhelming), but it is pretty annoying when you go from one of the best episodes of Star Wars animation to treasure hunting. However, I do get why it’s structured like that because we’re meant to hate **** at the end of the season so I guess those episodes were necessary to that plot.

The stars blurred out Sid for some reason
  • Options

usually added something.

The stars blurred out Sid for some reason

I don't get why her name is censored, I found that out earlier lol It does tie in, but there was better episodes showing she isn't good. I had the feeling the double cross was coming all season.