The Mandalorian S3E6: Guns for Hire (spoilers)

Magruffin
786 posts Member
edited April 2023
Jack Black, Lizzo and Christopher Llyod...wow. it was fun, but i can't take Jack seriously ever lol
Cool that Grogu is now a knight.
I enjoyed the buddy cop hunt, and it was interesting to see a droid bar.
Stoked Bo has the darksaber again

Replies

• DarthGrff
    185 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I didn’t like it. Was basically filler for bo to get the darksaber.
    The writing was really bad too. Bryce Dallas Howard did a good job directing, but with a bad story you can only do so much.

The best part was definitely seeing Jack Black and Christopher Lloyd
    Guess we’re gonna have to refer to grogu as sir grogu now lol
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Yet another filler. Overall - it was fun, being a filler, but too childishh and primitive.
    And I didn't like Din losing Darksaber. I know Bo will be Mandalore and all, but come on, she is not a chosen one to own every single powerful toy. Most would be ok with her having Mythosaur and Din having Darksaber.
    Somehow, this season just takes back a lot of steps from season 2.
    Plus, there is no new interesting chracter in the plot and its almost finale
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    Sounds like the opposite of a filler
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Sounds like the opposite of a filler
    Its really a 30-35min filler(though comedic) of a side mission with 5-10min to finish that side mission in a very strange manner(that gives right to every living
    high ranking imperial or separatist to rule Mandalore)
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Well din is not caring about the dark saber that much. He's giving it to Bo when he take it from gideon remember?
    And then, he has it, he use it akwardly and he knows. Time passes we didnt have a scene that he practices the saber, nor his saber skill improved.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Here's a question, besides plot armor, why did Din wait so long to give Bo the dark saber.... he's been wanting to get rid of it since he got it, yet held onto it for more time than he needed to? Could have been done better.
    He felt they are married. She is close, she is female(she even put off the helmet to show hime she is not his 'bro'), she babysit his kid.
    And in married couple, everything that is his - is their's. So he felt like sharing DS with his wife)))

• Options
    I wanna be knighted by space queen Lizzo
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Worst episode of the series by far. Storyline was complete garbage, the acting was subpar and the last five mins were all that mattered. This, IMO, was one of the worst things star wars has put out in a while...not quite as bad as the little Leia chase scenes in Kenobi, but close.

Here's a question, besides plot armor, why did Din wait so long to give Bo the dark saber.... he's been wanting to get rid of it since he got it, yet held onto it for more time than he needed to? Could have been done better.

I totally agree, this was the worst Star Wars episode, Jack Black is a joke, this was a total sell out
  • wildnz
    257 posts Member
    Options
    I had a hard time getting into the episode after the Mon Calamari spoke with an English accent.
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn’t dislike it, but I completely forgot Mando was still coming out tbh. It’s just been really underwhelming so far. It’s really disappointing that Bad Batch has outdone this season.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    It was professor plum, in the office, with the nepenthe…
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    Bringing in real actors is one thing, bringing in random celebs who can’t act is another.

My wife was looking up who the Queen was and if she had ever acted before in her life.

Overall probably the worst Star Wars we have seen since the prequels.
  • Options
    Do you like Jack Black?
    Jack Black!? He’s totally awesome!
    Do you like Christopher Lloyd?
    Are you kidding? He’s like my favourite actor of all time!
    Do you like Lizzo?
    Are you kidding? She’s so cool!
    Do you like Star Wars?
    It’s only my all time best thing ever!

So I’ve got a treat for you - do you like Mandalorian S3E06?
    Oh. It just tastes weird. I’m going to my room now.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    The writing was really bad too. Bryce Dallas Howard did a good job directing, but with a bad story you can only do so much.

The best part was definitely seeing Jack Black and Christopher Lloyd
    Guess we’re gonna have to refer to grogu as sir grogu now lol

The writing has been awful this season.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ok beginning, great end, but the only good thing in the middle was Jack Black. And the fact that this is probably the last we see of Lizzo in Star Wars, she was horrible.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I've been enjoying this season (and this episode) but now i learned that the season has 2 episodes left

So with that in mind, the season feels ... empty

Only episode i disliked was that non-mando episode about that gideon scientist
  • Options
    Only 2 episodes? they better be rly long or we are have gonna made no progress.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    It was a brilliant tribute to the SW Clone War series.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    I liked it. It was cool seeing some good cameos and the call back to the clone wars and separatists. They really need to get some serious progression the next two weeks though with a good lead into season 4
  • LordDirt
    5010 posts Member
    Options
    This was such a filler episode
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    I must be one of the few people who can’t stand Jack Black. He and Lizzo were pretty much the only bad part of this ep to me.

One minor irritation was the way Bo gets the saber. Iirc the whole reason she wasn’t respected when she had it before was because Sabine just gave it to her. This technicality feels like exactly the same thing happening. It was pretty weak and anticlimactic. At least Visla tried to take it from him the proper way.

But if you think about it, the whole winning it in battle thing is pretty weak. It looks good on the surface, but what’s to keep Mando from fake fighting her and losing on purpose? (Which is what I expected to happen) Or arm wrestling her for it? It’s a dumb concept that sounds cool until you pick at it.
  • Options
    I liked the droids at the droid bar. Seeing B1 Battle Droids, and B2 Super Battle Droids is always fun. They also managed to get some more Mandalorians back on their side, which I’m feeling is going to, at some point, lead into a major conflict with Gideon, and possibly some Mandalorians that may have sided with him.
  • Options
    More like B2 Usain Boltledroids.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »

That’s a good point. When have we ever seen battle droids move at anything faster than a slow stroll?
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »

That’s a good point. When have we ever seen battle droids move at anything faster than a slow stroll?

To be fair, usually they are shooting rockets and bullets out of their arms. Maybe we just never see them running because they are always shooting.