Grand Arena Guide? How to be successful

richjohn85
posts Member
edited February 21
Hi, I recently unlocked Grand Arena. What are some good tips teams to form to compete against other players? Right now I have my Phoenix team as my best, then a first order team then a jedi team with bastilla, yoda and jolee. Thanks!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Options
    Best early advice tip in general is get the Phoenix high enough you can get Thrawn and immediately stop investing in them to invest in other teams instead
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure phx is the best early path now
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not sure phx is the best early path now

I didn’t even believe that 4 years ago 😂

Honestly I’d do imperial troopers first if I was doing everything all over again
  • Options
    richjohn85 wrote: »
    Hi, I recently unlocked Grand Arena. What are some good tips teams to form to compete against other players? Right now I have my Phoenix team as my best, then a first order team then a jedi team with bastilla, yoda and jolee. Thanks!

In Carbonite it barely matters what you have. There are so many low activity accounts that your pool will be mostly players with 2M+ gp with a few relic characters that you just can't beat no matter what you do. It's entirely up to your opponent if they want to attack or not.

Build up a few teams, CLS, troopers, bounty hunters for other game modes. If you make a trooper team that can beat their assault battles they will be very useful in GAC too. Same for teams you build for raids, other assault battles, that kind of thing.

The only thing to work on for specifically for GAC is 2 fleets, 1 for attack, 1 for defence. Otherwise, just let GAC teams be an outcome of other goals.

Don't stress too much about GAC at this point. You have no control over how it will turn out.

My insight on this is as a long time player that started a new account to see what the new player experience is like. I have been playing a new account since December, and reached level 85 in time for the final round of GAC last week.

There were 3 2M gp players, a 3M player, a 4M player, a 6M player, a 1M player, and my account at just under 1M.

I didn't see the other 1M player. I couldn't kill a single toon in the first 2 rounds. The opponents didn't do any attacks though, so I won. Fun. Except not at all.

The last round the player had generously put a rogue 1 team with only 1 g12 toon with g11 others, so I could beat that. But they of course cleared me easily. They decided to play, so I had no chance.

I've only seen one group in GAC so far, but it doesn't look good to me. The effort of making an Iden team, CLS, Palp vader, Basti jedi, and the start of a BH team is not looking like it will do much in GAC for me. Players with a few relics just get to decide the outcome.

I'm going through easy conquest and will probably play this account for one more GAC season to see a few more player pool examples.
This discussion has been closed.