DC Ability Odds

Ragnarok_COTF
1792 posts Member
edited April 2023
We know It seems as though each ability doesn't have equal odds of rolling. While I don't love that, since CG isn't going to give me the mercy rule I've begged for previously, it's very frustrating that we don't know what those odds are. If CG wants to make an ability super exclusive, just let us know what our odds are so we can make an informed decision about our precious re-roll materials.
Post edited by Ragnarok_COTF on

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    We know each ability doesn't have equal odds of rolling. While I don't love that, since CG isn't going to give me the mercy rule I've begged for previously, it's very frustrating that we don't know what those odds are. If CG wants to make an ability super exclusive, just let us know what our odds are so we can make an informed decision about our precious re-roll materials.

Do we know that?.... I honestly don't remember reading that anywhere...
  • Options
    “We know”. Who? How?
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    No we don't know, it's anecdotal.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1792 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    So you guys would rather harp on semantics than partake in an actual discussion?

OP updated to not use such absolutist language...
  • Options
    Also, for reference, if the odds were even, with a L9 ability locked and 7 L6 abilities, each potential new ability should have a 1/3 chance of appearing in any given re-roll (unless duplicates are allowed, in which case it'd be 26.5%).

My guildmate and I just went a collective 0/18 trying to get the "ideal" L6 to pair with a MJ L9. So the odds of that happening, if odds are even, are 0.07% (or 0.39% if duplicates are allowed, which I don't think they are).

Huge data sample? Definitely not. Completely out of the realm of reason? Definitely not. Enough to make an assumption, I'd say so.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Also, for reference, if the odds were even, with a L9 ability locked and 7 L6 abilities, each potential new ability should have a 1/3 chance of appearing in any given re-roll (unless duplicates are allowed, in which case it'd be 26.5%).

My guildmate and I just went a collective 0/18 trying to get the "ideal" L6 to pair with a MJ L9. So the odds of that happening, if odds are even, are 0.07% (or 0.39% if duplicates are allowed, which I don't think they are).

Huge data sample? Definitely not. Completely out of the realm of reason? Definitely not. Enough to make an assumption, I'd say so.

I was being sincere and honestly thought this may have been a "known" thing.....

Anyways, out of curiosity, which L6 ability were you looking for?
  • Options
    Originally they were definitely differently weighted (see https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2378884#Comment_2378884) but I don't know if that changed during an update.

Do Mechanics all have the same % chance to get re-rolled in a tier?
    At launch, each Bonus Stat shares the same chance of rolling, though this may change for future sets. However, the range for the stat (e.g. 10-20%) will have an equal chance to roll within that range.
    At launch, Bonus Mechanics have varied/weighted chances of rolling.

Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I was being sincere and honestly thought this may have been a "known" thing.....

I thought it was known, but based on Notthatguyfrombefore, it appears they may not necessarily be uneven anymore--though my experience would suggest they still are.

Anyways, I was looking for the "long" one: self cleanse, gain TM, reduce enemy max health, gain self max health.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Ahhh.... Didn't roll that one either and settled on this one...ho7g6yb22qdw.png
  • Options

I thought it was known, but based on Notthatguyfrombefore, it appears they may not necessarily be uneven anymore--though my experience would suggest they still are.

Anyways, I was looking for the "long" one: self cleanse, gain TM, reduce enemy max health, gain self max health.

I don’t know that they were changed (and my limited experience would seem to suggest they still aren’t equal), was just saying that they definitely started off unbalanced.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

I don’t know that they were changed (and my limited experience would seem to suggest they still aren’t equal), was just saying that they definitely started off unbalanced.

Sorry if I was unclear. I think we are in agreement here.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited April 2023
    Options
    We know each ability doesn't have equal odds of rolling. While I don't love that, since CG isn't going to give me the mercy rule I've begged for previously, it's very frustrating that we don't know what those odds are. If CG wants to make an ability super exclusive, just let us know what our odds are so we can make an informed decision about our precious re-roll materials.

Do we know that?.... I honestly don't remember reading that anywhere...

Yes we do, but I'll ask CG about OPs feedback since I think its a good QOL ask

EDIT: I see notthatguyfrombefore posted it
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    with a username like that i am suspecting its a guy from before ban dodging... :thinking:
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    with a username like that i am suspecting its a guy from before ban dodging... :thinking:

Nah, you must be thinking of someone else. I’m definitely not that guy from before.
  • Options
    Yeah, they have that unwieldy PDF of all pack probabilities. Probably could squeeze these stats in there too.