New Raid Tokens

Rubberb0y
97 posts Member
edited May 2023
Really don’t like the new Raid Token design. I have blurred vision and to me they all look the same. 😡
Not much thought was put into that. Someone should be fired. 🥴
Ok that last bit was a joke but seriously please change them.

Replies

• KhanGoldShord
    20 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Wasn’t expecting new currencies, assume this is replacing GET

Edited: for clarity
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    My main concern was the disappearance of all my GET 1, 2 and 3. Did I manage to miss the announcement on this?

No, because they aren't going away.
  • Arctrooper
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Wasn’t expecting new currencies, assume this is replacing GET

Edited: for clarity

No. GET currencies are still around and from TB and TW. The new Guild Raid Currencies are new and from the new Raid system.

We now have 7 different Guild Currencies:
    Guild Tokens: from the daily Guild Activities
    Mk 1 Raid Tokens: from the new raid system
    Mk 2 Raid Tokens: from the new raid system
    Mk 3 Raid Tokens: from the new raid system
    Mk 1 Guild Event Tokens: from Territory Battles and Territory Wars
    Mk 2 Guild Event Tokens: from Territory Battles and Territory Wars
    Mk 3 Guild Event Tokens: from Territory Battles and Territory Wars

I can see why they want to separate Raid Currency from Event Currency, but it seems like Guild Tokens could be collapsed and merged with GET 1...

• Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    New raid tokens are great news. With currency instead of random gear drop, you will be able to choose what you want and just buy it.
  • Range1974
    905 posts Member
    Options
    I hope we have some sort of complex currency conversion system soon. I feel like I’m traveling across pre-Euro Europe will pockets full of mystery coins.
  • Options
    Do we know what the rewards are yet?
  • Options
    What? No more Guild tokens from raids!?
    I hope that's a typo! That will significantly reduce gear income, as I got like 6k+/week just from raids.
  • teddythewookie
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    New raid tokens are great news. With currency instead of random gear drop, you will be able to choose what you want and just buy it.
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

• EdSolo
    414 posts Member
    Options
    For most this is going to be a severe drop in gear obtained. The store costs are way to high compared what you would get for say completing cpit. The choice of gear instead of random isn't worth the cost. This essentially does all the gear economy improvements. R8 components are going to be horribly affected.
  • Options
    As someone who is color blind these new tokens are very hard to identify and it would be great if they could be made with different designs or dramatically different colors (black, white, red for example).
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    As someone who is color blind these new tokens are very hard to identify and it would be great if they could be made with different designs or dramatically different colors (black, white, red for example).

Wouldn't have thought color-blindness would matter since they don't really have color differences.
  • Screerider
    1394 posts Member
    Options
    Spoiler!
  • Options
    On a tablet they are fine, but on a phone screen I find myself actually squinting in order to tell which is which. I suppose this is one of those "tolerable but would be nice to make better, and would have been even nicer to not have it this way to begin with" things.
  • Options
    The purpose of the currency icons should primarily be to tell them apart easily. At a bare maximum, different colors and shapes, but really the best solution on top of that would be to have them in separate tabs (stores) so there is no question what you're spending where.

I don't think anyone is spending crystals on store refreshes anyway so it wouldn't be detrimental if we had one store per currency.

Another thing that is hard to see on a small screen is the conquest stars - 2/3 vs 3/3. Just make it *, ** and *** instead or some other way to show a node as completed.
  • Options
    Yes, the raid currency and guild currency stores should be separate tabs, would really help.
  • Options
    I vote for more raid currency types of similar colors but smaller size visually
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    I vote for no raid currencies and give us back the old rewards
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Raicall
    28 posts Member
    Options
    They could make them all different colors at least...
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

You know things are bad when members of the CGCC like TVF’s posts
  • Lumiya
    1500 posts Member
    Options

You know things are bad when even members whom normally always find something positive or are in the minority are silent or even share the opinion of the majority.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

You know things are bad when even members whom normally always find something positive or are in the minority are silent or even share the opinion of the majority.

The majority here does not equal the majority of players, not by a long shot.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1500 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

The majority here does not equal the majority of players, not by a long shot.

So you think the majority of players likes the rewards in Krayt?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • MasterSeedy
    5093 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think it's wrong to have so many different currencies, but let's assume that that's a decision that CG is going to stick with.

We ABSOLUTELY have to have a way to separate potential purchases by currency, so that when we're trying to spend one currency, we don't have to scroll through everything available for completely different currencies. The UI that slaps 4 currencies under 1 tab and then mixes up when it's offering something for one currency or another is an absolute disaster of information management.

AT A BARE MINIMUM you need a section with a header identifying the currency, then all things available for that currency, then a new header identifying the next currency, then all things available for that currency, etc.

It would be much, much, much better if you could tap on a currency and limit your choices to only things available for that currency (imagine keeping the taps across the top the same, but adding tabs down the left side for currency type -- this should then also be available in other tabs that offer purchases for multiple different currencies such as Shipments and GET tabs).

But this thing is just a nightmare of trying to find what you're interested in. What a mess.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    I kinda wish they had a dropdown on the side that showed everything under each specific currency. This way all the MK1's are lumped together, etc.
  • JediRob78
    40 posts Member
    Options
    We definantly need these currencies to be different colours. I've got to squint to see them. Then I just don't buy anything in case I'm spending the wrong currency. Just make them seperate colours eg. Red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple etc.
    You know other colours have been discovered?