Timitock
2844 posts Member
edited April 2016
I cant decide.
Post edited by Timitock on

Which is better? Anakin or Ahsoka? 93 votes

Ahsoka
66%
ilyanorcosmicturtle333ioniancat21DanixSekukozakjanosAggropoxFinnDarthNicoKAULILeoRavusRobbathehuttunit900000Dark_JediAzraelrulezSilleckWJ28infectiouszombieMegadeth3700Slyler 62 votes
Anakin
33%
UshoHuitzyArillianreizseRogan_Ban84MBL_66dano7591Wildcats1203TrisbouilleSmithieSalgado9HaMezLeeLooAkavirWildGruntJuan123BoxandthefuzzKamikazeRhombusbobafettjrCPMPxSkandarGraunx 31 votes

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I am torn. Both have positives and negatives, but for me they would fill the same role, so I have to choose.
  • Options
    Good question and really tough call.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ahsoka
    Had to think a lot about this.

But I'll go with Ahsoka. She is an easier farm, is more helpful at earlier levels and in GW.

What I've seen of Anakin so far in Arena is very underwhelming. Hopefully the combat tuning will change that.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    No contest pre-revamp, but Ahsoka is so much better now...

If you had to choose just one for arena...
  • Options
    Arena? Ani.
    GW. Snips.

Still close though.. And the rebalance might change that.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin hits like a piece of paper.
    Ahsoka is much better. High crits with self/team-healing.
  • Options
    Anakin
    my favorite characters in the sw universe.. i cant choose but ani is my fave so ihave to choose him :D
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »

Unless a teammate just died and he uses his AoE, which Ahsoka lacks...

But this is the kind of input I was looking for, thanks.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin
    Anakin is so underrated, he's pretty good in arena.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin
    Are you really comparing the master to the padawan?
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Ahsoka
    LMYYYKS wrote: »

+1 if you think sideous doesn't do damage, you won't like annie
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Can't speak for Anakin, as he's only level 50 5*6

But my Ahsoka is used in the Arena, but before her buff I used her in GW, in my speed team(for nodes 10+) with QGJ lead, she had the right speed to save the day

Have to point out that the reason I use her now in Arena is I find her fun to use with QGJ and Yoda, highest payout rank #2, no refreshing, lucky timing only
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ahsoka
    I am using Ahsoka in my GW team, with her self healing you don't need to worry about her dying and at the start of combat I use her special to top off everyone and do some ok damage.

Anakin I have for yoda, but don't use apart from a suicide squad in GW.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting... Many claim the apprentice has surpassed the master...
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Just had an arena battle where the RNG was on AI's side, 4 toons down, I have Ahsoka left against Poggle full health, GS 80% health and IG-86 just in yellow, thinking I'm screwed, well Ahsoka saved the day :smiley: special on IG-86 then GS goes down, Poggle left, well I win :heart: Ahsoka :heart:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Aren't they great together?
    I'm planning to get both.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    They fill very similar roles as attackers...
    But yes, they are like peanut butter and chocolate.
    Still must choose...
  • Options
    Ahsoka
    i think snips will be AMAZING after update.. she isn't necessarily a "speed" character, so if they tool her damage.. oh boy :)

ahsoka also needs a VU, just saying (see my profile pic) lol
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    kbonifay wrote: »
    i think snips will be AMAZING after update.. she isn't necessarily a "speed" character, so if they tool her damage.. oh boy :)

ahsoka also needs a VU, just saying (see my profile pic) lol

I tend to agree because her base speed and health are lower than what she has in practice.

And silver sabers would be dope.
  • Options
    Ahsoka
    I would not use them together in GW or Arena. They are both not hard hitters atm. Anakin can be nice in Arena. But even with the speed meter and offence up he still does not do that much damage. Maybe next meta.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I would not use them together in GW or Arena. They are both not hard hitters atm. Anakin can be nice in Arena. But even with the speed meter and offence up he still does not do that much damage. Maybe next meta.

Compared to ALL characters, this may be true, but among the Jedi, they are both Heavy Hitters.
  • Options
    Ahsoka
    Timitock wrote: »

Compared to ALL characters, this may be true, but among the Jedi, they are both Heavy Hitters.

Kinda true. QGJ and Yoda do more damage. Sad thing is they are support. Ahsoka and Anakin are attackers and should do more damage if you look at it that way.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Kinda true. QGJ and Yoda do more damage. Sad thing is they are support. Ahsoka and Anakin are attackers and should do more damage if you look at it that way.

Though their base damage is lower, you will find that the attackers have greater damage potential overall. Like Ahsoka gets a really high crit rate and bonus damage vs low health, and Anakin gets damage bonus and potential offense up.

This is kinda convincing me Ahsoka is better tho, now that I consider stuff...

Any more votes for Ani?
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Anakin
    I got smashed with an ani team today top 10 spot ...Ashoka always easy to beat in my opinion although I'm working on her at the moment

Mind you he had QGJ lead
    Eeth Koth
    Ani
    Kit Fisto
    Lumi

They seem to work really well together although I made a couple of stupid errors kit is a pain in the **** mind you I did have some canons which relied on having Poe

I reckon swap Eeth out for Yoda there and you be pushing on top 5 on my server
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ahsoka
    Ahsoka and it's not even close imo. Even at 6* she gets off crits at close to 6k and her healing speaks for itself.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    With over 50 votes in, I think I have to call this in favor of Ahsoka.
  • Options
    KingPin wrote: »
    I got smashed with an ani team today top 10 spot ...Ashoka always easy to beat in my opinion although I'm working on her at the moment

Mind you he had QGJ lead
    Eeth Koth
    Anii
    Kit Fisto
    Lumi

They seem to work really well together although I made a couple of stupid errors kit is a pain in the **** mind you I did have some canons which relied on having Poe

I reckon swap Eeth out for Yoda there and you be pushing on top 5 on my server

Team looks pretty easy. Once you kill Anakin, and EK and Lumi have blown their specials the team has no damage and no control. A Dooku would destroy the team (although lvl 72 QGJ lead makes that more difficult).

• Options
    Ahsoka
    Coz I fancy her
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin
    i don't use ahsoka so i can't speak for her, but i've been using anakin since he was 6* in arena and i'm in the top 5 daily, taking first 1-3 times a week.
    mighty chlorians
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Arena? Ani.
    GW. Snips.

Still close though.. And the rebalance might change that.

I didn't vote, as I don't have Anakin, but this sounds correct based on my experience with Ahsoka and playing against both.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*