Minor Side Effects from Deprecated Currency

Nohmega
4 posts Member
edited May 2023
Right now, people are very concerned about the currency situation and how they are getting "less" from raiding. They are focusing on the G12 gear that is seemingly more difficult to acquire. What they need to also be worrying about are the items in the G9-G11 Range too which are near impossible to acquire without spending energy.

I'm talking about Mk8 BioTech Implant Salvage, Mk4 Zaltin Bacta Gel Salvage and others. These are not purchasable with the new Raid Currencies. You can only get these with Shard Store Currency, and occasionally Guild Activity Store. Because the Guild Activity Store currency (the old currency) has been sliced to.... maybe 10-15% of what it was 2 weeks ago, you will find that these items are much more difficult to acquire now. edit to add: yes im aware that these drop from the daily challenges, but not nearly enough when you have say... Darth Revan who needs 120 8 Biotech implant salvage just to get from G10 to G11. that's going to take like 3-4 weeks without using crystals.

So lets round up:
  • We're getting fewer character shards from raids (less Shard Shop Currency to buy G8-G12 gear)
  • We're getting NO replacement for "base" Credits (for many of you playing for 4+ years, this will not be a problem, but it is already a problem for those of us who are new.) Now we have to buy credits with Crystals or random other currencies that offer an exchange.
  • We're getting fewer opportunities for certain types of commonly purchasable loot (mk8 biotech implant salvage, mk4 zaltin bacta gel).

And at the end of the day, everyone but the top end guilds will be going back to five year old content. So who wins here, besides the hope that people will pay more $$$ for Crystals? (Not me, anymore.) CG just paid a bunch of developers to make content that nobody is going to use without reward adjustment. That's cool for the developers, unless you care about seeing your product used.

The solution is so simple:
Bring back independent Raid Timers. Reduce the loot from each one a little bit to account for players doing all 4 raids. This lets people enjoy the new content and aim to get better without having to choose a path to farm.
And for the love of god, someone with a math degree at CG, please figure out a way to Shrink the number of currencies down from 23 to maybe 4 at most. All of those currencies do have a real world price value, and the equation should not be difficult to figure out what that is on the base level. Increase the proportion of currency for how rare an object is.

If someone at CG wants to pay me a one time consulting fee, I'll figure it out and write you a formal report.

Replies

• Options
    You get about 50-55 Mk8 BioTech Implant Salvages from the daily challenges.
  • Silcrow
    53 posts Member
    Options
    You get about 50-55 Mk8 BioTech Implant Salvages from the daily challenges.

Yeah, in a week. I was used to buy them from guild shop a lot. now i cant.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to take a moment to fully understand, that in the current gaming economy of microtransactions, gaming companies DO hire people with math and psychology degrees, precisely to work out the best way to obscure what things really cost, and how to use tricks of human psychology to subtly manipulate us into spending more.

They’re not going to reduce the number of currencies to four, because having extraneous and confusing currency systems and conversions, is exactly what the system is designed for in the first place.
    Nohmega wrote: »
    And for the love of god, someone with a math degree at CG, please figure out a way to Shrink the number of currencies down from 23 to maybe 4 at most. All of those currencies do have a real world price value, and the equation should not be difficult to figure out what that is on the base level. Increase the proportion of currency for how rare an object is.

• herd_nerfer
    1933 posts Member
    Options
    Bring back independent Raid Timers. Reduce the loot from each one a little bit to account for players doing all 4 raids. This lets people enjoy the new content and aim to get better without having to choose a path to farm.

Wait... what?

This is exactly what people are upset about. What does this solve? We just want equal value to what we were getting before.

Do you know for sure that those items aren't purchasable with the MK1 currency? A lot of those slots in shipments (if not all of them) rotate - are you sure they're not there?

The only accounting they need to do for people doing all the raids is to... give them what they've always been getting - or something of equal value. Why cut rewards at all? The game has been fine this way for years - CG still makes tons of money on established bottlenecks like kyro, G12 pieces, high end relic mats, and omicrons - and players have a predictable path and time-line to upgrade characters. Why cut ANYTHING? That's not good for anyone no matter how long you've been playing.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Silcrow
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Do you know for sure that those items aren't purchasable with the MK1 currency? A lot of those slots in shipments (if not all of them) rotate - are you sure they're not there?

Yeah, the rotation pool has been posted, they are not in the pool.
  • herd_nerfer
    1933 posts Member
    Options
    Silcrow wrote: »

Yeah, the rotation pool has been posted, they are not in the pool.

Well that's unfortunate - I see your point then. I think this can probably still be manageable by buying them with guild tokens and moving some of your other guild token purchases to Mk1 - I know we're getting less guild tokens (and I hate that tbh) but it should be possible to mostly offset that by buying carbs and other core gear with the Mk1 currency.

Super annoyed that we have to figure all this stuff out all over again. Do you have a link to the rotations? I'd like to have a look as I haven't fully investigated that yet.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

We just want equal value to what we were getting before.

Sorry to cut you short friend, but thi sis literally what it all boild down to for me.... Everyone's mileage may vary....
  • herd_nerfer
    1933 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

We just want equal value to what we were getting before.

Sorry to cut you short friend, but thi sis literally what it all boild down to for me.... Everyone's mileage may vary....

No salt for you here Bubba - I knew what you were saying. I don't think our view points were in opposition - just slightly different perspectives. No worries.
  • Options

Wait... what?

This is exactly what people are upset about. What does this solve? We just want equal value to what we were getting before.

The only accounting they need to do for people doing all the raids is to... give them what they've always been getting - or something of equal value. Why cut rewards at all? The game has been fine this way for years - CG still makes tons of money on established bottlenecks like kyro, G12 pieces, high end relic mats, and omicrons - and players have a predictable path and time-line to upgrade characters. Why cut ANYTHING? That's not good for anyone no matter how long you've been playing.

Yes, they are not in the loot rotation. But they are purchasable with Guild Activity tokens. The little 100-1000 you get in a day if you do certain events at certain times. If you participated regularly you got thousands of these per week. Not anymore.

That said,I *like* that you get to choose your raid loot with currency in this change. I estimate that when my guild starts HSTR tonight I will be able to purchase all my gear very simply and even faster than I acquired prior to the change, with the exception of the loot that CG forgot (or intentionally removed) from this loot table.

TL;DR they made more roadblocks. Would rather reduce raid income by small amount to reduce roadblock (which is essentially a paywall).
  • herd_nerfer
    1933 posts Member
    Options

Wait... what?

Yes, they are not in the loot rotation. But they are purchasable with Guild Activity tokens. The little 100-1000 you get in a day if you do certain events at certain times. If you participated regularly you got thousands of these per week. Not anymore.

That said,I *like* that you get to choose your raid loot with currency in this change. I estimate that when my guild starts HSTR tonight I will be able to purchase all my gear very simply and even faster than I acquired prior to the change, with the exception of the loot that CG forgot (or intentionally removed) from this loot table.

TL;DR they made more roadblocks. Would rather reduce raid income by small amount to reduce roadblock (which is essentially a paywall).

Does someone have a link to the gear that shows up here? I'd really like to see this info so I can let my guild mates know.