Why arena battles goes to draw immediately after pause?

sloweagle
485 posts Member
I still have 3 minutes left in the battle, but a phone call will get it to draw immediately?

Replies

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Did you answer the call? Incoming calls usually just pause the battle, but the timer keeps running in the background, so if you answered and chatted with the person for at least 3 minutes…
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I answered the call and that paused the game. The call lasted 10 seconds, and when I switched back to game, it immediately went to draw with at least 2 minutes still left in the battle. I should say it was fleet arena, not squad arena.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Dang, in my experience I've never had that cut the battle short.
  • Options
    You should ask the in game help im sure they'll tell you "if I could I would" or "if we help you its not fair on other users" or after not giving you any help, "ive logged this, generally you wont get a response, but thanks for your feedback, what else can I help you with".
  • Hyelle
    1 posts Member
    Options
    I’m having a similar issue which is exacerbated by the auto going to sleep change. I stepped away from my phone when I first started a fleet battle. My phone went to sleep and I returned 2 minutes later, but my battle timer had fast forwarded such that I only had 1 minute remaining. Every time I switch to another app or my phone falls asleep, the battle timer accelerates for me and I was not sure if it was an individual problem or a bug affecting others as well.
  • Options
    Same issue here on Android.
    I was attempting to lock in my fleet position just before payout, the battle went for 2 actual minutes and ended as time expired when my phone went to sleep for 10 seconds. Started at 4:52 and ended at 4:55 on a 5 minute timeout.
  • Delmon_swgoh
    110 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Same here. I thought maybe i was crazy, but my battle had paused for less than 30 secs. When i unpaused, battle was over. Cost me my fleet payout.
    Post edited by Delmon_swgoh on
  • Options
    I had this happen to me today too in a fleet battle. Just thought it was a weird glitch with my phone until I saw this thread.
    Co-GL, Empire's 501st
  • maraexibil
    197 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I think this happened to me too, but I'll try to reproduce it first before sending a bug report to EA.
    Post edited by maraexibil on
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    same here in TW :/
    i didn't got a call, just locked screen for about 30s (with over 4mins left in battle), and after returning it ended :(

a few of my guild mates had the same experience today
    Post edited by rokota on
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    You pause gameplay not the game timer. No way you should be able to pause the timer as well. Imagine this was the case in Fleet arena you could ostensibly start a match, pause it and no one could hit you while it was paused, keeping you locked in first for long periods of time. It's never paused and caused a draw instantly on my end.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    You pause gameplay not the game timer. No way you should be able to pause the timer as well. Imagine this was the case in Fleet arena you could ostensibly start a match, pause it and no one could hit you while it was paused, keeping you locked in first for long periods of time. It's never paused and caused a draw instantly on my end.

Had you read this, you'd know that's not the case. OP paused the game for a phone call that took "10 seconds" and since it started with over 3 minutes left on the timer, they expected there to still be about 2:45 left. That was not the case.

We had a guild member report the same happening in a TW battle yesterday. Minimized to say something in Discord quick, and even though there should have been plenty of time left on the timer, when they returned it was to a draw.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like it is happening randomly. I tried to reproduced it after my fleet payout using spare battle, and couldn’t reproduce it today. But seeing other report similar issue means this is a real problem.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options
    I haven’t had the call issue…. But whenever I do any significant battles, i temp set my phone display to never auto-lock. I just change it back after I’m done

It didn’t use to be this way. I always had a 30 second auto-lock setting on my phone, and by simming, and things happening on the screen, it would stay until it finished and lock after that, not resulting in a draw.

It’s bad for my old phone battery, but it’s one (non phone call) way around it pausing a battle if you are away for a couple minutes
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

Had you read this, you'd know that's not the case. OP paused the game for a phone call that took "10 seconds" and since it started with over 3 minutes left on the timer, they expected there to still be about 2:45 left. That was not the case.

We had a guild member report the same happening in a TW battle yesterday. Minimized to say something in Discord quick, and even though there should have been plenty of time left on the timer, when they returned it was to a draw.

I did read it and said that hasn’t happened on my end so far. If it is random than CG needs to address it.
  • TheLiz
    43 posts Member
    Options
    This happened twice in fleet arena.