Foreseeable Guild Break Ups... New players being at a disadvantage

FiraDor
7 posts Member
So while everyone is complaining about the Aeros... There is a big big chunk of people, not on the forums, because they mostly are new players and many just play the game for fun so not so active on the forums.

Most people on the Forum are probably experience players.

I am both, I have an account that I've been playing Casually since Launch only have SLKR unlocked and I have a brand new account that I've been playing for fun.

I like to help new players getting their stuff together - If you know me, I am known as Psytor and I run the Farming Road Map (got some problems connecting with my account on the Forum with the new logins whatever!!)

So, there is already many thread talking about the loss of Aeros... And other stuff...

While I was looking at the many different rewards to try to understand how things are working and what you can get... Without even making calculations... And especially that you cannot run many raids at the same time like before.......

The first thing I realized, is how the total rewards don't even make sense... The Heroic Sith Raid will award 10 Shards of Traya - OK cool... Raid Tokens: 4000 Mk II and 8475 Mk I

So that means that, if I was lucky to be in a big enough guild to run HSTR as a new player, I still get my Traya shards, which is pretty cool.......... But then I have to use My MK I Token to purchase Han Solo and Obi Wan?? Does that really make sense? Why would I use Tokens that help me with my gearing to get characters??

What if I was lucky and joined a guild that run the Krayt Dragon hunt... What would I get .... IF I CAN JOIN... and that the guild can finish the whole thing...

4,385 Mk III ... 3300 Mk II which is already 700 less then the HSTR? and 4260 Mk I It's HALF of what I'd get from HSTR??

I don't get that? I don't get Credits anymore? No more guild activity tokens from Raids???

You lose all the fun of playing at low level, with higher guild, if you were lucky to have joined one...

And the same point that other people got, you also lose all the surplus gear we were getting from the Different Raids that were just pilling up for you to get relics done... Now you will have to buy gear... to gear... plus buy gear to do your relics too?

An extensive calculations of all of this, I'm not sure AT ALL that it make sense and that it will actually be on par?

Especially getting less........ HALF the MKI Raid Tokens from the Krayt hunt...

Once again for long time players, it won't feel as bad... But new players are more and MORE getting the shaft.....

No?

Replies

• dhwo
    68 posts Member
    Options
    No worries, the gear economy update is also affecting long-term players. I’m playing this game since day 1 and have an account with almost 11 mil GP.

The update is significantly affecting bringing the remaining toons to relic levels as well as upgrading the relic levels. In order to stay on an almost similar level as before I would have to leave my current guild and have to target one with a 530 to 550 ish GP. As this will not happen I’m leaning towards going completely f2p (nope…even no more 10 dollar packs) or maybe calling it a day in general.

The feeling of being patronized by CG is getting more and more unbearable.

• lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Options
    TL;DR killing Free to Play for new game installs

Yes a lot of bluster and whinging by people in good guilds already. The raid launch cost for plain ol Heroic Rancor went up from 60k to 90k and the maximum reward crate is abysmal

Clear intent to strangle new players out of any progression unless they spend money to kickstart their account.
  • Options
    dhwo wrote: »
    No worries, the gear economy update is also affecting long-term players. I’m playing this game since day 1 and have an account with almost 11 mil GP.

The update is significantly affecting bringing the remaining toons to relic levels as well as upgrading the relic levels. In order to stay on an almost similar level as before I would have to leave my current guild and have to target one with a 530 to 550 ish GP. As this will not happen I’m leaning towards going completely f2p (nope…even no more 10 dollar packs) or maybe calling it a day in general.

The feeling of being patronized by CG is getting more and more unbearable.

Yeah I didn't play my original account so much just cause I find it boring nowaday... At least as a new player I could see and feel some progress... So I couldn't really talk about this side of experience...

But you confirm what I was also thinking, that getting your lower character on par or higher will take a massive amount of time because of those changes...
  • Options
    When looking at the rewards from krayt, you need to add the personal track too. It accounts for a bunch of the rewards that lift your reward above Hsith, if you do well enough, and the guild does too. Even the first milestone on the personal track is a large chunk.

I think newest players will have immediate benefits from this raid system. If you find a guild with a person that can complete hsith you can get any raid character in 3 runs, if you want to. Then the next week use the tokens to gear them, and get credits to level them. You could get a g12 Han in under a month from joining a guild.

The loss of the excess gear for relics later is going to be tough though.