This has to stop

Prev134567
Redandblue
7 posts Member
edited June 2023
Before all of you in aurdodium and up start commenting try to see this from a lower GP account perspective. I just got smashed by a 7m account to my 1.4m. And before you say it’s a skill issue the 7m did attack one shot everything. I got through one wall and that was it. It really is dumb that I am facing accounts that are impossible to beat. This should not be the case. I need to be playing rosters that are around my GP not 6m higher than mine. This really makes the game boring because most of my days in GAC are just spent waiting for the next round knowing I can’t do anything. I’m not saying to go back to what was but something needs to change. If there are accounts in bronzium as the example I’m using then the system should find them someone in that tier that is similar GP first before putting them up against a bunch of 1m accounts. The skill rating is an absolute joke as most of these bigger accounts are not using skill they are just using brutal force. I could have more knowledge of the game than every single swgoh player combined and I still would not have been able to win today. And before you say you won’t win 100% of the time I realize that. But I should at least have a chance to. Nothing worse in this game knowing you have zero chance to win right from the start.
Post edited by Redandblue on

Replies

• Valace212
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    All you will hear is get gud scrub.

I agree with you 💯
  • Options
    I need to be playing rosters that are around my GP not 5m higher than mine.

That is how it was to start, and was changed.

People would just not level up toons not useful in GAC and anyone who reliced toons like Bohdi or Talia for TB would be screwed over and consistently lose.

While the current system isnt perfect, it's significantly better than using just GP to matchmake.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Money based match making
  • Options
    What does that even mean?
  • Options

Whale more win more matches, losing in aurodium 4? Just swipe the credit card and buy yourself 2 GLs and boom easy W's all day.
  • Options
    Whale more win more matches, losing in aurodium 4? Just swipe the credit card and buy yourself 2 GLs and boom easy W's all day.

And if you get easy wins all day you will promote to higher arenas and thus get harder opponents.

• Screerider
    1399 posts Member
    Options
    So spending shouldn’t help you?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options

As opposed to everything else where whaling doesn’t help?

It may seem unfair, but you face people with higher GPs because you beat most of the people with similar GPs. You beat them, you moved up and face tougher opponents. You lose, you drop down and face similar GP opponents again.

There seems to be a mentality in people that they should only face similar sized opponents all the way from carbonite to kyber, which is statistically impossible. It’s not a git gud situation, because you are already punching up. It’s a keep growing your account situation, and if you jump into a tier where you are matching against much stronger accounts (in your opinion), then consider that it means you are better than 99% of the accounts at your GP and need tougher opponents.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

It may seem unfair, but you face people with higher GPs because you beat most of the people with similar GPs. You beat them, you moved up and face tougher opponents. You lose, you drop down and face similar GP opponents again.

There seems to be a mentality in people that they should only face similar sized opponents all the way from carbonite to kyber, which is statistically impossible. It’s not a git gud situation, because you are already punching up. It’s a keep growing your account situation, and if you jump into a tier where you are matching against much stronger accounts (in your opinion), then consider that it means you are better than 99% of the accounts at your GP and need tougher opponents.

This ^^^

If you are routinely not seeing players around your GP, that’s because you have already shown yourself to be better than the majority of players at your GP. You’ve run out of similar GP matches. Players with a similar SR but higher GP will now be your opponents.

As was also said, GP bracket matchmaking was flawed in so many ways that have been discussed in other threads… at length.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

So it means nothing - got it.
  • Options
    Kaerindal wrote: »
    I need to be playing rosters that are around my GP not 5m higher than mine.

That is how it was to start, and was changed.

People would just not level up toons not useful in GAC and anyone who reliced toons like Bohdi or Talia for TB would be screwed over and consistently lose.

While the current system isnt perfect, it's significantly better than using just GP to matchmake.

Then they should implement skill along with GP. It doesn’t work with just one
  • Options

This ^^^

If you are routinely not seeing players around your GP, that’s because you have already shown yourself to be better than the majority of players at your GP. You’ve run out of similar GP matches. Players with a similar SR but higher GP will now be your opponents.

As was also said, GP bracket matchmaking was flawed in so many ways that have been discussed in other threads… at length.

But I am in bronzium and rarely do i ever find a account with my GP. If bronzium is the very last one what am I supposed to do then? Even if I got 3m more GP I would still lost to these other accounts that have 7m gp
  • Options
    Same thing happens at the top. I was a fan of the old system where it was based on GP but CG was not. There is no going back. Eventually everyone will end up with a 50/50 win loss ratio and the whole thing will be pointless.
  • Options
    Redandblue wrote: »

This ^^^

But I am in bronzium and rarely do i ever find a account with my GP. If bronzium is the very last one what am I supposed to do then? Even if I got 3m more GP I would still lost to these other accounts that have 7m gp

Putting back gp in matchmaking means moving back to what had problems before, so it’s just trading a problem for another problem.
    However, maybe something could be done for this very specific problem if it happens more than just once in a while: players with very low activity that swim in very small ponds with their giant boats, because it’s not fun for active players facing them who don’t really play but just toss the coin to see if their giant opponent is in a day off or not.
    Hopefully for you and others who experience this they will have the will to do something and the appropriate solution, because fixing something has the risk of breaking something else.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

This ^^^

Putting back gp in matchmaking means moving back to what had problems before, so it’s just trading a problem for another problem.
    However, maybe something could be done for this very specific problem if it happens more than just once in a while: players with very low activity that swim in very small ponds with their giant boats, because it’s not fun for active players facing them who don’t really play but just toss the coin to see if their giant opponent is in a day off or not.
    Hopefully for you and others who experience this they will have the will to do something and the appropriate solution, because fixing something has the risk of breaking something else.

I think you're on to something here. At a point, skill is irrelevant when the roster gap is so large, especially at the lower GAC tiers. IMO there should be a soft GP cap for each tier and anything outside of those caps forces a banner handicap that the player needs skill to overcome. The numbers are rough but this is to illustrate my thought process -

Carbonite soft cap is 4M GP. Over the soft cap is a 400-banner handicap
    Bronzium soft cap is 5M GP. Over the soft cap is a 300-banner handicap
    Chromium soft cap is 6M GP. Over the soft cap is a 200-banner handicap
    Aurodium soft cap is 9M GP. Over the soft cap is a 100-banner handicap
    Kyber has no cap.

That may seem like a lot of banners but rosters in that range are big enough to easily overcome that handicap.
    This is a golf/bowling handicaps approach to GAC and banners.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think we need level caps on tiers etc.... As mentioned above, it's a fallacy to think that CG should be offering players better / easier match-ups based on roster strength...

The core issue is inactive players with high rosters dropping down the ranks due to their inactivity and suddenly becoming active... If anything, CG should do something with these guys like put them in "Inactivium Division" and make them fight each other to get out...

Funny though, I never see any complaint threads started by players who won based on their higher GP opponent's inactivity...
  • Options
    Any form of handicap would only delay the problem. Any mechanism that helps the lighter roster artificially would, really. So they beat someone double their size with the help of handicaps? They will just run into tougher opponents.

Another problem I see with any hardcoded GP thresholds is that it would require routine adjustments to keep up with the GP inflation ongoing, which I don't trust CG to do timely. I mean, if you look at how Kyber1 has shrunk and CG is slow to respond...
  • Options
    This happens to me a lot in Chromium 1. This is why I believe GAC is just a toss up at the moment for me. It's great to participate in but I cannot compete against the 6-8m gp players. I don't get mad about it, I just shrug my shoulders and move on.
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    most of my days in GAC are just spent waiting for the next round knowing I can’t do anything.
    Disclaimer...i have ONE GL and my last match was versus a guy with 6...that smashed me, of course. So I GET THE POINT.
    THAT SAID...i am NOT "waiting for the next round"...i still either win about 50% and keep my level...or when i get a losing streak (3 or 6 in a row) i go down to where i can start wiining 75% again...and move back up.
    I CAN UNDERSTAND the "not fun" matches...i have plenty of these...but many ROUNDs i have 1 or 2 i can win...and seesaw in levels...
    JUST SAYING...you cant complain you ALWAYS lose to higher GPs...it is simply not possible...
    What league are you on? I am in Auridium 5 right now, will go down next round for sure...but expect a couple close matches when i drop...

• Options
    Any form of handicap would only delay the problem. Any mechanism that helps the lighter roster artificially would, really. So they beat someone double their size with the help of handicaps? They will just run into tougher opponents.

Another problem I see with any hardcoded GP thresholds is that it would require routine adjustments to keep up with the GP inflation ongoing, which I don't trust CG to do timely. I mean, if you look at how Kyber1 has shrunk and CG is slow to respond...

Good points. Turns out I don't have a great solution but I'd love something to change especially for the below Aurodium levels.
  • Sdtbarbarossa
    364 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    the best solution would be to introduce something like a GP based "Class" system.

Like for boxing... there is light , middle and heavy size

lets say 4M GP and below is light
    8M and below middle
    more then 8M is heavy

then you could reach Kyber 1 in light... while never have to fight 9M GP people

that takes away some of the money based matchmaking aspects.

That would be the mist fair for everyone.

Currently the matchmaking is like... if 3M GP has to face 7M... thats like letting a good "light" boxer fighting a mediocre "heavy boxer"... the heavy boxer may win or loose... but he had the bettet chances no question...

and you have NO chance to get to kyber with 3M GP in the old money based matchmaking... because no matter how good the light boxer is... he cant make a tiny dent against a good heavy boxer
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    the best solution would be to introduce something like a GP based "Class" system.

Like for boxing... there is light , middle and heavy size

lets say 4M GP and below is light
    8M and below middle
    more then 8M is heavy

then you could reach Kyber 1 in light... while never have to fight 9M GP people

that takes away some of the money based matchmaking aspects.

That would be the mist fair for everyone.

Currently the matchmaking is like... if 3M GP has to face 7M... thats like letting a good "light" boxer fighting a mediocre "heavy boxer"... the heavy boxer may win or loose... but he had the bettet chances no question...

and you have NO chance to get to kyber with 3M GP in the old money based matchmaking... because no matter how good the light boxer is... he cant make a tiny dent against a good heavy boxer

Except we aren't boxing and we are all playing the exact same game... People with bigger rosters deserve to get bigger rewards, if they didn't then what would be the point of building up your roster?
  • Options
    well the classes could also give different rewards... same as they do for TW
  • Options
    How do you choose where to draw the line? There are multiple sub 8 mill accounts that can win in kyber currently. With the proposed “classes” especially if they have different rewards per class, these individuals would be gp gated away from the rewards that they are skilled enough to win. This would not be an improvement on the current system.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    well the classes could also give different rewards... same as they do for TW

I don't think that would go over well... You would end up with a bunch of players who are near the top of their "class" that routinely beat people with larger GP who will miss out on the rewards for doing so...
  • Options
    well of course it would not be perfect... but there seem to be no perfect... and its better then what we have now
  • Options
    Spitballing a thought here that they might could do as a happy medium. Divide gac into two groups, competitive and casual. At the beginning of each gac season you choose which group you want to be in. Competitive stays exactly they way it is now, SR determines match ups, as you climb divisions, rewards improve. Casual would be reduced rewards, but uses gp ranges with each gp range having progressively higher rewards such that the top gp range of casual rewards are equivalent or slightly better than bottom rewards of competitive. SR is only adjusted when in competitive, and is frozen when doing casual. Daily rewards are based off of the last active gac.
  • Options
    ragnoris wrote: »
    Spitballing a thought here that they might could do as a happy medium. Divide gac into two groups, competitive and casual. At the beginning of each gac season you choose which group you want to be in. Competitive stays exactly they way it is now, SR determines match ups, as you climb divisions, rewards improve. Casual would be reduced rewards, but uses gp ranges with each gp range having progressively higher rewards such that the top gp range of casual rewards are equivalent or slightly better than bottom rewards of competitive. SR is only adjusted when in competitive, and is frozen when doing casual. Daily rewards are based off of the last active gac.

Then everyone currently in Kyber 1 could switch to casual, keep their SR and get K1 daily rewards forever thus preventing anyone else from ever moving up to K1. Hell, players in lower divisions could do the same and all you’d end up doing is suppressing the ability for players in lower divisions to move up. Pass.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    ragnoris wrote: »

Then everyone currently in Kyber 1 could switch to casual, keep their SR and get K1 daily rewards forever thus preventing anyone else from ever moving up to K1. Hell, players in lower divisions could do the same and all you’d end up doing is suppressing the ability for players in lower divisions to move up. Pass.

That’s what the part about last active gac means. You have to select one to get rewards. If you select casual, you are locked into casual rewards until you go back to competitive.
  • Options
    When you go back to competitive you would be in kyber 1 still, but the rewards in between would be the casual rewards. This would hopefully minimize the cases of large accounts dropping to lower divisions. Maybe as an edit set the top casual rewards to be equal to mid tier competitive rewards, that way large accounts that don’t want to actually play are incentivized to go to casual instead.