LV or JMK?

Hello, I just finished GAS and I would like to start farming for a GL asap so I’m not left behind down the line, I really like both LV and JMK as characters just wondering which one is better/has more uses and which would be easiest to farm for me currently. Characters: https://swgoh.gg/p/894991683/characters/

Replies

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    I know you've said LV or JMK but in your position, I'd work on First Order with a view to progressing to SLKR.
  • Options
    LV has really steep kyro and relic requirements.

JMK has Wat to hold you up. Also, JMK is not great until you also have CAT to go with him.

All of the older GLs have easier gear and relic requirements. I'd probably put Jabba ahead of LV and JMK, even with non-accelerated characters to farm.

I prefer SEE as a first GL target myself. His requirements give you most of a trooper team, another great empire team with Palp, Vader, Thrawn, RG, Tarkin (this team can be improved, but it's a great starting point) and some decent sith to play with. Dooku is underrated and great in geonosis tb, and darth Maul allows for some sith cheese teams in conquest/challenges with his lead, and Marauder is solid in any sith empire team.

SEE himself can solo a lot of non GL teams, and with Wat or armourer can undersize some GLs.

Piett, Vader and TIE bomber are also all double dip requirement towards Executor.

SLKR on the other hand gives you his own first order team, which beats most GLs, and he can solo many non-GL teams.

You get one other FO team that doesn't do much except give your opponent great banners if you set it on defence. If you use SLKR to solo something you can still make up another not great FO team too.

The omicron phasma team in TW is over now that Tuskens are such a cheap way through it.

There is also the Finaliser fleet, but that's not really worth mentioning. It can be used to counter Executor, but most likely is the way you'll lose your GAC trying to do that.
  • Options
    Thanks, certainly have a lot to think about now.
  • LordDirt
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    SLKR all the way. Easier to get and can do a lot for you.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Yea think I’m gonna start the farm for SLKR, I’m gonna spend my refreshes on kryos for GAS until I get him to g11, but after that I’ll start farming for sith trooper and the normal one, I’m already working on the shop toons.
  • TWrex
    32 posts Member
    Options
    LordLowald wrote: »
    Yea think I’m gonna start the farm for SLKR, I’m gonna spend my refreshes on kryos for GAS until I get him to g11, but after that I’ll start farming for sith trooper and the normal one, I’m already working on the shop toons.

If I were in your shoes, I would go hard for the Executor before a GL. It will help you in GAC but even more so in Fleet Arena. And if you are F2P, the crystal income from Fleet Arena is crucial to faster progression. It will also help you bloat your roster faster to get to 4 mil (Hard Conquest & Proving Grounds).

You would then be able to quickly shift to SEE for your first GL. And build up Empire and Imp Trooper teams.

And then to Jabba after his requirements become double drop farmable.

I agree with Winterwolves above about JMK. He was my first GL because I love his character. But normally, I would not seriously consider him until you have a clear path & timeline to CAT. And LV's requirements are the steepest in the game at the moment.

• Alteyr
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Are you dead set on going for a GL next? There are lots of other options that would help round out your roster and still make progress towards GLs.

CLS is still a great offence team, and building your bounty hunters for Chewie is going to get you closer to Executor. You also don't have either of the Revans, and they are still very relevant. Take a look at some of the other journey guide characters before settling in for a GL grind, you might be able to bolster your roster with just a couple of characters and make some really solid teams.

If you're set on a GL I would second going after SEE. Not the greatest GL of the bunch, but you get so many usable teams as a result and can solo (or with Wat) a lot of tricky defensive teams. Given you already have Iden omi and G12 troopers, going after SEE will give you a second, offensive, trooper team and get you a even closer to Executor.